The Wrestling Thread

results for raw this past week
Mickie James & Candice Michelle def. WWE Women's Champion Melina & Victoria
Cade & Murdoch def. Ric Flair & Carlito
Shawn Michaels vs. Randy Orton (No winner announced)
World Tag Team Champions The Hardys def. The World's Greatest Tag Team (Non-Title Match)
ECW World Champion Bobby Lashley def. Shane McMahon (Title vs. Hair Match; DQ)

who's going to win the wwe championship i think randy orton should get a push as hbk could but i don't think so as he and triple h will be around for a while longer

After watching raw this week I believe that the WWE has gone a bit too far on the battle of the billionaires storyline...now its going to be one of those feuds that lasts most of the year. Whats the point of Bobby Lashley having the ECW title then? he hasn't defended it for ages on an ECW epsoide. They should give it to CM punk...It just seems unrealistic having Umaga who looks like a fat pig bashing up a big and strong guy like Bobby Lashley...It will be good to see who wins the fatal four way match for the WWE championship at Backlash...On a rumor site that I was on it said that there was going to be a match between Jerry the King Lawler vs Hulk Hogan at Backlash?????????

Also whats going to happen with Carlito and Ric Flair after losing that number one contenders match for the tag team titles?? I reckon either there will be a match between Carlito and Ric Flair at Backlash or Carlito gets released and Ric Flair retires.

Hogan v Lawler will not happen at Backlash (thankfully - Hogan should never step foot in a ring again!!) It is however gonna happen at a show of Lawler's indy promotion in Memphis - something about the building they tape the show in being shutdown and having one last big bang. The site you got that from is pretty uncredible.

Saw on a reliable site that Trump turned down an offer to continue the whole billionaires thing at Backlash. Smartest move he's ever made - I wouldn't have watched it if he did.

It was great to see Punk finally turn heel. Saw some of his ROH stuff and the things he could do on the mic will blow you away. He'll be so much better in the ring too.

Also good to see they giving Cade + Murdoch a push. And that they've made Deuce and Domino the champs. It'll add a bit more life to the tag scene with hopefully Team Carcrash (London and Kendrick) regaining their titles a little later on.

After watching this weeks Smackdown, this Jillian thing is enough. Sure Vince is doing it as a shot at Hulk Hogan's daughter. Can't they just let her wrestle? With some of the indy stuff she used to do, she could be the next Mickie or Victoria. Saw her pull off a 450 splash. Its probably on youtube somewhere. Also can't wait til they bring back Beth Phoenix to add a bit more life in the women's division. Nattie Neidhart can apparently pull her weight too.

Oh with the Booker thing I hope he comes back as a hybrid of his to personas. The King gimmick was great but started to get a little stale. The old Booker gimmick, well that was stale when he started. He should get a title shot again, but not if Batista becomes the champ again. Those matches are nothing but toilet breaks (pretty sad when the main event is the worst match of a PPV)

Hogan vs Lawler is off now. WWE pulled Lawler out of the event. Instead it'll be Hogan vs Paul Wight (Big Show),

Yeah just read that a few mins ago. Also said ticket sales were sh*t so maybe that'll tell Hogan he's no longer the drawcard he once was!!

Hogan v Lawler will not happen at Backlash (thankfully - Hogan should never step foot in a ring again!!) It is however gonna happen at a show of Lawler's indy promotion in Memphis - something about the building they tape the show in being shutdown and having one last big bang. The site you got that from is pretty uncredible.
Saw on a reliable site that Trump turned down an offer to continue the whole billionaires thing at Backlash. Smartest move he's ever made - I wouldn't have watched it if he did.
It was great to see Punk finally turn heel. Saw some of his ROH stuff and the things he could do on the mic will blow you away. He'll be so much better in the ring too.
Also good to see they giving Cade + Murdoch a push. And that they've made Deuce and Domino the champs. It'll add a bit more life to the tag scene with hopefully Team Carcrash (London and Kendrick) regaining their titles a little later on.
After watching this weeks Smackdown, this Jillian thing is enough. Sure Vince is doing it as a shot at Hulk Hogan's daughter. Can't they just let her wrestle? With some of the indy stuff she used to do, she could be the next Mickie or Victoria. Saw her pull off a 450 splash. Its probably on youtube somewhere. Also can't wait til they bring back Beth Phoenix to add a bit more life in the women's division. Nattie Neidhart can apparently pull her weight too.
Oh with the Booker thing I hope he comes back as a hybrid of his to personas. The King gimmick was great but started to get a little stale. The old Booker gimmick, well that was stale when he started. He should get a title shot again, but not if Batista becomes the champ again. Those matches are nothing but toilet breaks (pretty sad when the main event is the worst match of a PPV)
I use lordsofpain for wrestling rumors...which one do you use then?

I use lordsofpain for wrestling rumors...which one do you use then?

WrestleView.com - they're very reliable and sort out the decent from the crap before posting on their site. Check it out sometime

I dont think Brooke Linda or Nick will be happy that hulk is wrestling AGAIN

There's probably about a few more million people that aren't happy he'd be in the ring again. His time was up 15yrs ago. The only senior wrestler (50+) thats still wrestling today that should be wrestling is Ric Flair. At least he's still entertaining.

wrestlingobserver.com is the best and most reliable site for wrestling news. If Meltzer says it, then it's true.

wrestling.net.au/opinions is a wrestling forum for Aussie fans and great for wrestling discussion.

OH MY GOD!!

Am watching Raw at the moment and couldn't believe what I just saw in a matchup between Trevor Murdoch and Matt Hardy. Trevor Murdoch attempts to do the best move ever in the history of wrestling - THE CANADIAN DESTROYER!!!

This has to be seen to be believed... Awesome. Absolutely awesome!!! :D

Murdoch is my new hero

Pfft Cade and Murdoch are the most boring tag team in history. There is nothing they could do that would entertain me. Cade is a big dude with huge potential but he needs a character change and get rid of Murdoch and become a singles wrestler.

Cade and Murdoch are the 2007 version of Barry Windham and D*ck Murdoch. A tag team back in the 80s who didn't worry bout how pretty they looked, how high they could fly or the style in which they won. They were a team that went out there to try and knock as many teeth out of their opponents mouths as possible and didn't care how ugly it was.

Cade and Murdoch are a recreation of that. They have the makings of a great brawling team (much like the APA was) and are going back to what made wrestling great! Expect them to get a huge push this year or early next year. I'd love to see them take out the Hardys at Backlash.

Watch RAW this week. Cena and Michaels go for 60 MINUTES!!! And every minute is entertaining. :D

The word going around is that Rikishi is going to be making his return soon and he's going to be teaming up with Umaga upon return. I just hope he uses his 2000 Heel "Bad Man" gimmick. They'll be an awesome monster heel team.

The word going around is that Rikishi is going to be making his return soon and he's going to be teaming up with Umaga upon return. I just hope he uses his 2000 Heel "Bad Man" gimmick. They'll be an awesome monster heel team.

Agreed. Much like what the Natural Disasters were around 1991 just so much better because both big guys are pretty agile too. Squash matches for everyone!!!

Loads of News and Notes.

Credit - Wrestling Observer

Unless plans change real soon, John Cena is expected to retain the WWE Championship at Backlash. Vince sees Cena as a long-term champion and feels the boos he's been getting recently will pass real soon, much like they did in 2006. Edge and Randy Orton will be feuding with each other after Backlash and Cena will either keep feuding with Shawn Michaels, or start a feud with Umaga or The Great Khali.

Undertaker is expected to go over at Backlash and Batista will feud with the returning Mark Henry. Vince wants Undertaker to have a lengthy reign as World Champion, but Undertaker will have to work a full-time schedule, something he's apparently willing to do.

If it isn't already obvious, Lashley is expected to retain the ECW Championship in the Handicap Match and then feud with Snitsky over the title.

The reason behind The Hardys being given the World Tag Team Championships was that WWE wants to form more interpromotional tag teams and used The Hardys to see if it would work out. They are expected to retain the titles at Backlash.

Ric Flair has been telling friends that he wants to have a run on Smackdown before he retires, which will likely be in 2008. Flair is expected to lose a "Loser leaves Raw" match to Carlito either at Backlash or on an episode of Raw soon after. Flair is fully aware that at 58, his active career is winding down.

Speaking of Flair, he's expected to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2008. Other names being thrown around include The Road Warriors, Eddie Graham, Ricky Steamboat, Jake Roberts, Terry Funk and Rocky Johnson.

Since Wrestlemania is in Florida next year, WWE will be releasing a DVD set based around the old Championship Wrestling from Florida promotion. The promotion was owned by Eddie Graham(hence his possible Hall of Fame induction) and closed in 1987. WWE bought the video library from Eddie's son, Mike for $1 Million.

After Backlash, Undertaker is expected to feud with King Booker over the World Heavyweight Championship. WWE originally wanted Booker to become Booker T again by the beginning of this year, but unless they decide to do another King of the Ring tournament, King Booker will likely be staying.

Ken Kennedy and Finlay are expected to turn on each other and have a heel vs. heel feud. Stephanie McMahon originally wanted Kennedy to move to the Raw brand, but a few veterans, as well as Kennedy himself, didn't want that to occur so he stayed put and is expected to do so for a while.

The Boogeyman will likely turn heel on Kane next week leading to a feud between the two. Kane was supposed to feud with Mark Henry but those plans were either put on hold or thrown out completely.

CM Punk and Elijah Burke will be having a mini-feud over the leadership of the New Breed in ECW.

WWE will soon be re-releasing the "Spectacular legacy of the AWA" DVD with the Superclash III PPV is a limited-time bonus disc.

WWE will be hiring more agents(or as they say, producers) in the near-future. Possible names include Stan Lane, Brian Lee, Larry Zybysko, Kevin Sullivan, Kendall Windham, and SD "Special Delivery" Jones.

Loads of News and Notes.

WWE will be hiring more agents(or as they say, producers) in the near-future. Possible names include Stan Lane, Brian Lee, Larry Zybysko, Kevin Sullivan, Kendall Windham, and SD "Special Delivery" Jones.
speaking of agents...where is Paul Heyman these days??????

Paul E. isn't up to a lot at the moment. He's still under contract with WWE but they aren't doing anything with him at present time. Unless plans changed.

I reckon they're just keeping him so TNA can't sign him. We all know TNA need a creative god, which Heyman is, due to their lack of one at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom