The Wrestling Thread

ECW world title was a good match lots of action in the end a DQ happened causing kennedy to win the match but not have the title change hands
but the ECW world champion didn't leave with out giving kennedy a few chair shots to his skull

i dont get it why raw has given the tag team titles to hbk and cena i think its just a waste of time.,i thought that cryme tyme were the no.1 contenders?.,because of this the likes of cryme tyme and murdoch and cade have been wrestling on heat now lol not that i really mind though as their matches can get quite boring., what about that ric flair carlito feud going on? does this mean that after this feud carlito will be given a push??? good to see they have put the chris beniot, chavo feud to bed.,FINALLY!!! im sick and tired of those feuds im sure eddie wouldnt of liked them.,bring on rey returning to smackdown next week! bookaya 619!!!!!!!!!!

WWE is saddened by news of the passing of Mike Alfonso, better known to wrestling fans as Mike Awesome. He was 42.

Mike Awesome's first major exposure came overseas, where he became one of the Japan's top stars. Awesome would eventually become a star and champion in America while wrestling for Extreme Championship Wrestling. Following his successful run in ECW, Awesome spent time working in WCW and later WWE before retiring to his native Tampa, Florida.

While in ECW, Awesome was a two-time World Champion and Tag Team Champion. His matches with Masato Tanaka, including a show-stealer at One Night Stand in 2005 were among the most memorable in ECW history.

Awesome delivered an incredible performance at ECW's One Night Stand in 2005.

Very sad news indeed. Awesome's death has so far been deemed a suicide as he was found hanging in his home.

Awesome was just Awesome.
Could have really made it if WWE had decided to use him properly and it's tragic that he went at 42.

RIP Mike Awesome

MR PERFECT the 2nd indutee in to the hall of fame of the class of 2007 he was as his name says perfect at ever sport but espcially the wwe

DUSTY RHODES the 1st inductee into the hall of fame calss of 2007
GO THE AMERICAN DREAM

I'm hoping for Jake "The Snake" Roberts, "Ravishing" Rick Rude or "Macho Man" Randy Savage.

I heard that JR and King are gonna get inducted this year.

i have actually heard that the celebrity hall of fame inductee will be muhhumed ali (not sure if i spelt that right). he was a part of the original wrestlemania if you remember

michael mclaren
tickets for short lol

Rumor has it that possibly JR Jim Ross and Jerry 'The King' Lawler will be inducted into the hall of fame for this year

My Thoughts:

Perfect was one of them for sure. Arguably the greatest mid-card wrestler ever!!

Mr Fuji should definitely be in there as well. Manager of great tag teams (The Orient Express, Demolition) and greater singles competitors (Yokozuna) and also a well polished wrestler himself back in the 70s and 80s

Ted Dibiase - him and Perfect are the two greatest wrestlers never to hold the WWE title

The British Bulldogs

Legion of Doom

Bam Bam Bigelow (more so next year)

Yokozuna

Owen Hart

Jake Roberts

and can't forget the Ravishing One, Rick Rude - some of the best in-ring promos ever at the time "What I'd like to have right now is for all you fat, out-of-shape, Pennsylvania p*ssants....." can't remember the rest but they were classic :D

DEFINITLY THE LEGION OF DOOM THEY RULE
owen heart,jake the snake roberts,ted dibiase
and maybe rick rude and randy savage just as playa mentioned in his last post there would make great choices in my opinion

The Hall of Fame to have full authenticity needs Bruno Sammartino. I heard that they've offered him to go into the Hall of Fame but he doesn't want to. They need to get him in though.

Bruno won't. Every year they offer it to him. Every year he says no.

Still PO'ed with what happened while working for WWF

It is set Bobby Lashley will go face to face with Umaga in the Battle of the Billionares at Wrestlemania. I think its time Umaga is stopped once and for all

It is good to see jerry lawler in there, but i feel that the people bein inducted should be retired from wrestling and non-invovled on television still!
just my thoughts, anyone else agree?

Back
Top Bottom