The Wrestling Thread

I agree it would suck.
That love dance between Lesnar v Goldberg was one of the biggest waste of space at a Wrestlemania.
i personally think that with out stone cold as refree the match was boring still good way for goldberg to leave the wwe by beating brock lesnar

thats a great list that u found ther luke
which title should undertaker compete at wrestlemaina 23 keepin in mind he will most likely win that title
what is ever ones thought on what title u want him to be in the running for
smackdown-BATISTA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION
raw-JOHN CENA WWE CHAMPION
ecw-BOBBY LASHELY ECW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION

i know see why hamster said that the undertaker will be wrestling cena at mania after watching raw yesterday...but i dont understand why the undertaker wouldnt be going for batista's title

Watch ECW and Smackdown, I don't think him challenging Cena is a given. Remember that was only the first show of the week. There's 3 Possible titles he can challenge for.

i personally think it will be batista's title and taker winning wrestlemaina 23 that would be one of the best show downs between those powerhouses the ANIMAL VS THE DEADMAN
UNLEASH THE BEAST VS REST IN PEACE

and i can't see taker challenging lashely for the ECW title that would suck and be an easy win at wrestlemaina for taker i think that it will be between smackdown and raw on which title he goes for but u never know

I agree that Lashley won't be fighting The Undertaker at Mania. I also think that Batista will take on Taker. Streak vs Title. I just hope they don't waste The Undertaker's streak on Batista, that'd piss me right off. I know that the streak will be beaten one day but give it to someone that will boost them for the future. Batista is going on 40 and won't be around for the long term.

Wrestlemaina championship predictions
ECW title(lashely vs sabu vs test vs hardcore holly four way extreme rules match)
WWE title(john cena vs shawn micheals in a last man standing match
WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT title(batista vs undertaker hell in a cell)
that would be an alright match set up if i had the control of the show
well at least something like that

I agree that Lashley won't be fighting The Undertaker at Mania. I also think that Batista will take on Taker. Streak vs Title. I just hope they don't waste The Undertaker's streak on Batista, that'd piss me right off. I know that the streak will be beaten one day but give it to someone that will boost them for the future. Batista is going on 40 and won't be around for the long term.
basically if it is batista then i agree that if he beats taker that would piss a fair few ppl of not that batista is a bad wrestler i think that he is a great champion but still to face taker at his event and have him def him would be a huge accomlishment as he could say in 15 years he is the only one to def taker at a wrestlemaina event but still they need to keep that streak unbeaten just as flair is a 16 time world champion and still has that to his name taker should have the undefeated at wrestlemaina untill he retires
that the way i see it should be

thats would make him the wrestlemaina undefeated deadman a legendary icon bigger than most legends

Wrestlemaina championship predictions
ECW title(lashely vs sabu vs test vs hardcore holly four way extreme rules match)
WWE title(john cena vs shawn micheals in a last man standing match
WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT title(batista vs undertaker hell in a cell)
that would be an alright match set up if i had the control of the show
well at least something like that

WWE title(john cena vs shawn micheals in a last man standing match --> NO

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT title(batista vs undertaker hell in a cell) --> NO

it would be a joke to have the main event decided by a gimmick match. ECW is fine to have a gimmick mathc because, well, ECW IS A JOKE!!!

I'd like to see Cena v HBK with HBK as the heel role. His turn on Hogan for Summerslam 05 brought new life to Shawn (and one of the greatest in-ring promos ever during Raw in Montreal the Monday before SS)

As much as I like Cena holding the title (not that much as a wrestler) as his promos are entertaining, I just wanna see HBK kick his teeth down his throat haha

If Cena v HBK doesn't happen then Cena v Orton would suit me fine. Ideally to see Cena v HBK v Edge v Orton in a 4-way match would tie-up and create new storylines for the next 3-6 months of WWE.

basically if it is batista then i agree that if he beats taker that would piss a fair few ppl of not that batista is a bad wrestler i think that he is a great champion but still to face taker at his event and have him def him would be a huge accomlishment as he could say in 15 years he is the only one to def taker at a wrestlemaina event but still they need to keep that streak unbeaten just as flair is a 16 time world champion and still has that to his name taker should have the undefeated at wrestlemaina untill he retires
that the way i see it should be

Batista IS a bad wrestler. The match at RR showed how great he can be when someone carries him (and if you don't think Kennedy carried him then open your eyes).

Batista + no one to carry him = Booker/Batista feud (worst feud of the year... even worse than Batista/Mark Henry... even worse than Boogeyman/Miz!!)

Batista + no one to carry him = Booker/Batista feud (worst feud of the year... even worse than Batista/Mark Henry... even worse than Boogeyman/Miz!!)
yeah i can see ur point out of the three brands who u put ur money on for taker to vs and hopefully take that title at wrestlemaina

Taker v Batista........ secretly hoping for Taker v Batista v Kennedy

Taker to win then lose it within the next 2 PPVs

Having a little look at the wrestleview forums and a topic was started on great commentating quotes. It brings back such memories especially with Bobby "The Brain" Heenan in his role. Heenan was arguably the best heel commentator EVER!

A few examples:

Brain : (commenting on Hulk Hogan's entry/exit theme song) "That's my second favorite song"
Gorilla Monsoon: "I'm almost afraid to ask - what's your favorite?"
Brain : "All the rest are tied"

Gorilla Monsoon: "The Texas Tornado could sustain permanent brain damage if it's kept on for much longer."
Bobby Heenan: "Then again it could increase his IQ by 9 points. That would make an even 10."

"You know they say money can't buy happiness. Give me 50 bucks and
watch me smile"

(To Piper)
"I heard a rumour that your mom and dad ran away from home."

(During IC title match)
Brain: Don't touch that referee Perfect!
Gorilla: Why? A disqualification will save his title.
Brain: O.K. Then nail him!

His famous one when the heel cheats:
"What happened there? My monitor went out."

And my favourite, said during a Flair v Hogan matchin WCW 1994
Bischoff: "When Flair walked by he held up 4 fingers. That was the sign of the 4 Horsemen"
Brain: "When Hogan walked by I held up one finger"

here are the results of smackdown payperview NO WAY OUT
WWE Champion John Cena & HBK def. World Heavyweight Champion Batista & Undertaker
Mr. Kennedy def. ECW World Champion Bobby Lashley (DQ)
WWE Tag Team Championship
Chavo Guerrero wins Cruiserweight Open (new champion)
Kane def. King Booker
Diva Talent Invitational
Finlay & Little Bastard def. Boogeyman & Little Boogeyman
Chris Benoit & The Hardys def. MNM & MVP

well its good to see chavo back to his old groove of last minute entries and wins as he defeated jimmy wang yang in the curiserweight open to win his 6th title the former champion lasted up till jimmy wang yang but was pinned

another victory for the team from raw as shawn micheals and cena must have stayed on the same page to def the mighty duo of the undertaker and batista with a little help from sweet chin music and the F-U with cena as the legal man gettin the 1,2,3 after then match batista showed that the chokeslam form undertaker a few weeks back was a huge mistake as he landed a huge spinebuster which sent the deadman to the mat
is this a scene to come as the two collide at wrestlemaina for the gold

Back
Top Bottom