The Wrestling Thread

Just watched TNA's Final Resolution - thought it was very hit and miss.

Angle v Joe ironman was a little bit of a letdown considering their last two matches however it was still pretty good seeing as Angle received a concussion and Joe did some more damage to his already injured knee.

Sting/Abyss/Christian Cage. Sting was shafter AGAIN by Abyss allowing for Christian to pick up the win and be new NWA champ. :D

The other matches were overall pretty decent. Don West had the call of the night (in my opinion) during the Austin Starr / Alex Shelley PCS final match. Nash is introducing on commentary about the 3rd judge, Bob Backlund... yes THE Bob Backlund... Mike Tenay explains the history between Bob and Nash saying Nash defeated Backlund the night after Survivor Series 94 for the WWF Title, West chimes in to Nash with "And I hear the fans got their money's worth during that match!"....

It was hysterical to hear - for those who don't know or are too young to remember, Nash back then as Diesel defeated Backlund for the title in 8 seconds (including the 3 count by the ref).. Classic :D
--------------

Raw finished up pretty well. Hopefully with Edge abandoning Orton in the ring to get chaird by HBK leads to an Edge v Orton feud. This'll be great leading up to WM. Would love to see Orton win the Rumble, feud with Edge and then see Cena v Orton as main event.

Kennedy to win Rumble if its an SD wrestler. In the unlikelihood its an ECW guy would like to see CM Punk, Kevin Thorn and even Elijah Burke to get a push.

i hope vince dosent have another donald trump or whatever skit at the royal rumble it seems like theres going to be a donald trump v rosie odonnell part 2 at the royal rumble

its been confirmed that lita is making her return to wrestling to the UWF so this obviously means that she has broken up with edge so she left the wwe to get away from him i guess

but then i think when she broke up with matt hardy she still stayed with wwe

oh then i thought that in real life edge and lita were just friends and acted as a couple

She left so she could concentrate on other things like her band, the Luchagors. Check her myspace page

Well WWE released 11 people yesterday/today:
* Sylvester Terkay
* Christopher W. Anderson
* Jazz
* Rodney Mack
* Tony Mamaluke
* The Basham Brothers (Doug & Danny)
* Al Snow (Snow will still remain with WWE as a trainer)
* The Gymini
* David "Gangrel" Heath

TNA must be rubbing their hands with glee on this news. Looks like the new ECW brand may not even last til One Night Stand 2007 if things keep up.

On another forum I'm on there was a joke going around after James Brown died a few weeks ago and the place it was decided to hold his funeral was the same arena where December 2 Dismember was held....... "Who would've thought that the (insert arena name here) in Georgia would be holding two funerals in a month!" :D

well royal rumble was a pretty overall great show in my opinion this is the matches that happened if u missed it
The Hardys def. MNM
ECW World Champion Bobby Lashley def. Test (Countout)
World Heavyweight Champion Batista def. Mr. Kennedy
WWE Champion John Cena def. Umaga (Last Man Standing Match)
Undertaker wins the Royal Rumble Match
great to see the deadman win the rumble to me that means he will go to wrestlemaina and face batista who retained he title in a good match with kennedy at wrestlemania 23 and become the world heavyweight champion and make it 15-0 at wrestlemania and stay undefeated untill he retires
because as ric flair to date still holds the most world titles 16 i belive that when taker is finished wrestling then he will still be the only person in history to have never lost a wrestlemania in his wrestling career

Kennedy can't as he has a match at the rumble for HIS Heavyweight Title against Batista.
hamster

Looks as thought the heavyweight title stayed where it belonged. Around the waist of the animal Batista, I think Mr Kennedy will get another shot though and Batista will go on to face the Taker at Wrestlemania.

I enjoyed Rumble as well but there was some real lows.

ECW title match should be like the brand .......exstinct. Really how long is wwe going to feed us this crap or is it ever going to improve.

World Heavyweight Title. Kennedy was great and carried Batista thru the whole match. Pity they decided to let Batista keep the belt but he won't be facing Undertaker at WM 23. More than likely he will face Kennedy and will drop the belt there.

WWE Title. I thought a great match. Cena and Umaga were both good. No real stop/starts that used to happen in cena matches. Question is now where does Umaga go? Cena will take on Undertaker at WM23. I hope they dont let Cena ruin the STREAK 15-0 but it wouldnt surprise me considering what they did to Brett " The Hitman " Hart.

Rumble. Wasn't bad but could of not had 7 of the ECW stars. Also they keep saying it was the most Star Studded field ever. Please!!!

Finlay was good, as well was CM Punk. Looks like a King Booker/ Kane feud to come from it. Really thought it was going to be Orton's year. The final two Undertaker and The HeartBreak Kid put on an entertaining ending.

So other than Taker v Cena, what other matches will be on the card for WM23?

hamster

Cena will take on Undertaker at WM23. I hope they dont let Cena ruin the STREAK 15-0 but it wouldnt surprise me considering what they did to Brett " The Hitman " Hart.
well iam a huge taker fan so to me havin takers career moment talkin away from him before he retires would tend to piss me off a lot but it is entertainment so anything can happen just all those years of winning then to have his streak broken would suck

I agree it would suck.

That love dance between Lesnar v Goldberg was one of the biggest waste of space at a Wrestlemania.

WWE's looking to have Batista v Taker (streak v title) as the event for WM23.

Personally I'd like to see Kennedy thrown into it and make it a 3 way fight.
For other main events Cena v Orton or Cena v HBK (with HBK as a heel) for the WWE title and Punk v Thorn for the ECW title (I wish they'd take the belt from Lashley - the match at RR was a joke)

Cena v Umaga was pretty good. Interesting finish. Something I didn't expect. At last some originality (hurrah! :D)

I agree Kennedy carried Batista thru their match. Would have really liked to have seen this at another event and given 30 or 40mins instead of the 20mins at the Rumble.

MNM v Hardys - umm haven't we seen this before? All or part for the last 2+ months... hopefully its over and new feuds start.

The actual Rumble was one of the best in recent years, especially the end with Taker and HBK. A Kane v Booker feud, oh joy *groan* - there's a long way to go before recreating anything like the Angle/HBK feud that stemmed from the rumble 2 years ago.

Taker's streak should be broken at WM... but not at this one... by someone with more talent than Batista. Or even if Kennedy gets thrown into the title match, have Taker as the one who isn't involved in the decision. That way the streak is technically broken but still has never been pinned or made to submit at the event.

King: "I know personally that Masters has the strength to toss a lot of men.... out of the ring"

Finally the Warlord's record was beaten - well done Miz!!!

Back
Top Bottom