Emerson Shield 2005

Top read as always Craig=D>
There is a small problem with them though.
You have given odds for 10 teams but no odds for Naree:oops:
There is an imposter in the ranks

craig said:
100/1 ECHUCA
obviously the eastern zone has lost its title now as the "dream zone" cause when it comes down to wodonga, echuca and horsham to get 3rd spot in a zone, well what can i say, these boys are raw, willing to learn and most likely will, the more times they get this chance, the better they get, we should get behind these teams and support them, as it will only make for better competition down the track
Can not win if you are not entered;)

They arrive, they bowl, they have a good time. For them at the moment its not about winning, its about having fun and meeting new people. But the more they bowl, the more they learn as craig said. expect these guys to come away with shock wins over the Emerson Weekend. Good luck to all over that weekend.

craig said:
*** THE OFFICIAL EMERSON SHIELD ODDS FOR 2005 ***
this year i am naming key players who i believe hold the key to their teams success

2/1 ED FLEMMING
dyer, strachan, gothe, tomasinski
the only difference between them and werribee will be one thing, strike power, these teams are so evenly matched it aint funny, they play the surface, if it was on their home paddock the odds would most likely be reversed

Well, l want new odds for EFL, as we do not have all the names listed.
No strachan as you have you have put Craig.

At least 3/1, and maybe we should get 4/1 as we Krusty the Clown dont forget. :p

Krusty - how can we forget him. He should go OK at Mentone, although after the first game, he may be a bit off - when Ed Flemming play Echuca (the old Narre).

This year will be all about closing frames, and bowling as a team.
All Stars will need to have 200+ average.

It will take at least the first 13 games for everyone to bowl the minimum 50%.

Craig said:
cause as i saw on the weekend, billing senior is still more than capable of mixing it with the big boys
Very true - and add to that his 218 average for Senior shield and Merv is definitely Colac's No 1 gun. We can only play those that qualify though and Daniel certainly has a lot of ability and is getting better every year.

Vaughnn said:
This year will be all about closing frames, and bowling as a team.
It will take at least the first 13 games for everyone to bowl the minimum 50%.
I think the key every year is about bowling as a team. Emerson is different with it's minimum games rule. It means that a team is only as strong as its lowest averages - they still have to bowl 9 games.

Bowling and performing as a team is the key. Those who can achieve this will go close to topping WhereIBee. Every one has a good list, its going to be pulling together as a team though that will get the winning team there come Sunday afternoon.

I agree with Mr Chandler that it has taken forever to get here and now it is, its all go.

Once again, lets get the game on. Not long now, only 4 More sleeps and its a go'er.

craig said:
*** THE OFFICIAL EMERSON SHIELD ODDS FOR 2005 ***

this weekend has taken so long to creep up, seems like eternity, but now within a week, i know like me, everyone is so excited to make this the best tournament, have a good game, be strong, be social and most importantly have a good laugh
at the end of the day, its just a game, things are said, things are done, but when we step off the approach, we act like gentlemen and have a good laugh about it all, but when we're on the approach we treat it like its the war we protray it to be on here
good luck to everyone and GO WERRIBEE

Well said Craig I couldn't agree more, Yes I'ts going to be a great weekend and looking forward to averaging HIGH. See you all there.

Oh by the way Melton WILL place top 3. :rolleyes:

Russo,
Melton Bowl, where boys become Men. :p

Good luck all Emerson Shield bowlers, hope u enjoy the weekend and bowl well, with a bit of fun on the side. Well done on the odds Craig, once again u didn't disappoint. My loyalties are indeed divided this weekend, having been both a Werribee and Geelong bowler, so I'm hoping one of those 2 can get up. Hopefully everyone that bowls shows great sportsmanship, and I hope nobody gets threatened to have their face punched in, like I did once. I will be following the results very keenly over the weekend, and I hope all the people on this forum blitz the lanes and show the others how to do it. Good bowling everyone.

Now Craig, we have had this conversation before but you have forgotten the women. lol and I know how busy you are but we do read too!!

ps how did echuca make it in the men again? I know they are bowling in the women! I'm confused, and yes it does happen easily but humor me!!

See you all soon, especially all of those staying at the Hub, I've heard there is a few teams staying there.

Paige

craig said:
who ??????
And here i was thinking you knew everything... lol
Manintveld - you played him twice during zone finals for a 80 pin loss and an 82 pin win (quick revenge)
Grapentin - one of our up and comers who won this years Country graded Masters.
On paper these guys are our low averages and it is very important for our chances that they bowl well.

Gatsby said:
Manintveld - you played him twice during zone finals for a 80 pin loss and an 82 pin win (quick revenge)

80 pin loss? at Melton? What did chucky do? bowl 103?:-({|=

On a brighter note....3 more sleeps and very much looking forward to this weekend (I sound like a friggin junior). GO YOU MELTONIANS!!! I'm sure we'll defend our title with pride :)

Gee craig, I was under the impression there were 7 bowlers in each team not 3 as you suggest for werribeeeeeeee.:confused:

Back
Top Bottom