Emerson Shield 2005

close i reckon shepp will jump melton 5/2 or 6/1 and ed flemming over narre
4/3 or maybe 5/2

round 2 is an interesting round, the loser of the geelong / melton match could be on the bottom, werribee will continue its wiining ways winning at least 6 in round 2, shepparton could be just trailing in 2nd at this stage, then a slight break to the middle pack

next 2 rounds can be the make or break rounds, line up changes, reality checks and the one we all fear ego crushing. i reckon we can hold off until lunchtime for any changes, but know who's its only early

I went with the fact that you said Werribee would be 2-3 points clear after round 1--assumed only 5-2 or 4-3 results.
yes the first couple of rounds will be interesting. Most teams will probably start with what they consider strongest teams and then change not necessarily because someone is going bad, but because they have to get all bowlers up to 9 games.
Some teams may go all the way to lunch, but i doubt that many teams will go that way. Ideally you would want to have everyone on the lanes before lunch to make sure they all feel involved and part of the team.
Actually, i think round 1 Shepparton / Melton and Geelong / Colac will be important starts for all 4 teams. Both Shep and Melton at their best are capable of top 3 and a bad start can hurt - though saying that, i don't think there is going to be too many easy games. I know you are confident of a runaway win, but i think if you do win - it will be hard earned - the best sort of win.

The great thing about our game is that i bet none of this goes to plan. Some will start badly, others will fire early etc.

ok heres some scary news for all you emmerson guys and gals

me and porto headed off to mentone for pot games tonight, and well lets say this, we both threw 700 and that was supposedly on the tougher condition

so you go figure

G * A * M * E _ * _ * _ * _

i can smell it, its coming

can you smell it ???????

craig said:
can you smell it ???????
Ive only smelt it the once from the man;)
But it is much better to give than to recieve:D
Guess that I will be in the revenge book for a little longer;)

craig said:
ok heres some scary news for all you emmerson guys and gals
me and porto headed off to mentone for pot games tonight, and well lets say this, we both threw 700 and that was supposedly on the tougher condition
so you go figure
can you smell it ???????
700 for 4 ? lol
And more importantly - who won - you or Porto?

I am tipping Porto as we didnt hear about the result? Lol. Good work. Lance jas been telling us that the lanes are high scoring. The other thing is that you have shot 700, but how many other people will also?

Everyone has to bowl on the same condition. Should make for an interesting tournament though, you usually bowl 230ish and feel good about winning the point, may not be the case this time around.

Oh I didnt say that I was going to, lol. Just trying to point out that the lanes are going to be high scoring and that we all have to bowl on the same condition.

Hey Gary

A couple of us had a mess around down there and I reckon you'll chuck 230's

(Ohhhh if the left is the same as the right)sounds like it thought with chucky's post

Cheerz
Kevin

Assassin_300 said:
Hey Gary
A couple of us had a mess around down there and I reckon you'll chuck 230's
(Ohhhh if the left is the same as the right)sounds like it thought with chucky's post
Cheerz
Kevin
I think you are thinking of someone else Kev (remember, i am part of the full roller brigade) ,, but if Porto is throwing 230's then i should be able to get around 200 ..... lol.
Either way, I will trying my best and I am really starting to look forward to it.

After bowling 700 at Mentone - will Craig be going for double or nothing on the 214/215 average bet with Adam ?? I am sure Craig will be keen on the idea, not sure that Adam will be though?

Original odds as follows

craig said:
werribee (evens)
shepparton 3/1
melton 3/1
ed flemming 5/1
geelong 15/1
bendigo 15/1
colac 20/1
sunraysia 25/1
narre warren 50/1
rosebud 999/1