Emerson Shield 2005

I have not seen the lane draw for the final. How long are they allowing for each game?
If it is an hour we should be okay, but if it is 55 minutes, we may run overtime due to incoming bowlers (assuming incoming bowlers get 1-2 balls practice).
I would also be interested to see how long the lunch break is because generally by the time you finish your last game, change shoes etc - then find a place to eat with the other 140 bowlers and then get back to re-commence after lunch it can be a bit rushed. Any clues as to what is planned?

Gary,

From the info I have;
-Games have been allocated 1 hour.
-Lunch is also 1 hour.
-Bowling commences at 9am both Saturday and Sunday.
-Oil after 5 games

There should be a lane draw available - I have one.

Cheers,

VB

Vaughnn said:
Gary,
From the info I have;
-Lunch is also 1 hour.
-Oil after 5 games
Cheers,
VB

And sadly it is different for each day.

Day 1 10 games
5 games
re-oil
5 games

Day 2 8 games
4 games
re-oil
4 games

Shoudl make for some interesting results.

Especially when you consider that at the end of day 1 you start the 2nd round of matches, on lanes that have had 4 previous games bowled on them.

Bring on the dry lane bowlers. Oh crap we play Narre 1st and last on day 1. Could result in very opposite results, but may not as well. we may just get flogged in both..:eek:

Only one solution to getting flogged by Narre, Lance.

Join a league, and bowl for them rather than against them.

This year's Narre team is better than previous one's, and next year the team looks like it will be better still, with the bowlers who have been joining leagues there in the last six months.

Still impossible for anyone to beat Craig's team, bound to bowl 1000+ every game and possibly even over 1200 a couple of times;)

Vaughnn said:
Gary,
From the info I have;
-Lunch is also 1 hour.
-Oil after 5 games
Cheers,
VB
Thanks Vaughnn - There is probably a lane draw at the bowl - i will check it out tonight

Vaughnn said:
Still impossible for anyone to beat Craig's team, bound to bowl 1000+ every game and possibly even over 1200 a couple of times;)
Yes, we all know that 2nd is the best we will be able to achieve behind Werribee - but i would surprised if we see many 1200's - they are not that common.
CCup this year in Geelong, was the highest scoring ever - Geelong had 18/22 above 1000 and their highest was 1123. It is not easy to have all five bowlers fire at the same time. There has only been one 1200 series in the 25 year history of CCup (admittedly the scores for the first 15 years or so were pre re-active and not as high scoring.) This is a different tournament and may have stronger teams so i could be wrong - we will see.

Gary,

I'm only team manager, and I was still able to break 200 - 2 out of 3 - at our recent Emerson practice trip to Mentone - so if the right condition is there, may see some new records.

Can't wait for game one, where Krusty and the so called "mouth" get to continue their in-depth bantering.....

Vaughnn said:
Gary,
I'm only team manager, and I was still able to break 200 - 2 out of 3 - at our recent Emerson practice trip to Mentone - so if the right condition is there, may see some new records.
Can't wait for game one, where Krusty and the so called "mouth" get to continue their in-depth bantering.....
Should line them up so they play head to head - that would be interesting for all of us to watch... lol !
(PS - Don't play down your role as team manager - a good team manager can be a vital ingredient in the success of a team.)

Vaughnn said:
Only one solution to getting flogged by Narre, Lance.
Join a league, and bowl for them rather than against them.
This year's Narre team is better than previous one's, and next year the team looks like it will be better still, with the bowlers who have been joining leagues there in the last six months.
Tanya has already been chatting to Lolli about us bowling at Narre next year, possibly in the Friday night league.
Vaughnn said:
As l quoted very early on, the scores could be large, and 1100+ could easily be needed for some of the overall points, and l believe we will see a couple of 1200+ series bowled.
Well thats my plan individually for the firt 5 games l bowl...lol :p
Check out the scores for the national tournament in March this year.

Vaughnn said:

Oh my god, l need to concentrate mate, what are you trying to do to me:p

l may just leave the bowl each time they get close to each other, to ensure l dont kill him (the mouth that is) oh what am saying l mean Krusty :rolleyes:

At least having the bantering (revisited) at the start and end of the day on Saturday, should ensure that the day start's on a humorous high, and gives something to look forward to, at the end of the day.

I had heard the Narre rumour ;) , but probably better to bowl in our Thursday night League, better when bowling weekend tournaments. Have Hoggy, Matt Lambrick, and myself!! I am hopeful we can go from 16/18 teams to maybe even fill the centre by the time we restart the season next April.

Cheers,

VB

Hey Vaughnn,

Sorry mate already bowl Thursdays at Dandy, in the International Doubles league.

Need to look into the leagues. I think Tanya wants to bowl in the Friday night league, as it is from what we hear, a very social league :p . Which is what she is after, something not to serious, just good fun.

Lance,

I am not arguing that there may be high scoring. Masters scores prove it is possible. I am just a bit sceptical about it being as high as 1200. I would not be surprised to see stacks of 1100's - but 1200's are not very common. Also it is a lot harder to maintain huge scores in a 5 man team format. Lanes can change a lot over the course of 5 hours. We can debate this till the "cows come home" but the true test will come end of November.

Regards
GB

Only 4 more weeks to go! I guess this will thread will start to fire up again pretty soon. How have all the practice sessions gone? Who is on fire and who is struggling? Any major team changes since the trials? Who will leave the most 5-7-10's? Is anything planned for the Saturday night or will everyone be too stuffed to go out?

Men's 1st Match
Narre Warren vs Ed Fleming
Rosebud vs Werribee
Geelong vs Colac
Bendigo vs Sunraysia
Shepparton vs Melton

Women's 1st Match
Sunraysia vs Bendigo
Echuca vs Werribee
Geelong vs Colac
Ed Fleming vs Morwell
Narre Warren vs Shepparton

(I am really just rambling on here - i am actually just bringing it back up to the top for Carmers).

game 1 rosebud hey

after game 1 i predict we could jump to a 2-3 point lead, how much will it blow out after that, who knows ???

could melton be sharing the bottom with rosebud, this is quite a possibility too

as for the rest 5-2 or 4-3 will be the result

oh well time to start thinking about focussing on game 2 then, or maybe i will be enforcing the sleep-in rule

Round 2 - Men
Bendigo vs Rosebud
Narre Warren vs Colac
Ed Fleming vs Shepparton
Geelong vs Melton
Sunraysia vs Werribee

Round 2 - Women
Ed Fleming vs Echuca
Sunraysia vs Colac
Bendigo vs Narre Warren
Geelong vs Shepparton
Morwell vs Werribee

Craig,

Using your odds posted way back on page 40(ish) the ladder after Round 1 - would be something like?

Werribee 7..........(evens)
Ed Fleming 5.......... (5/1)
Shepparton 4.......... (3/1)
Geelong 4.......... (15/1)
Bendigo 4.......... (15/1)
Sunraysia 3.......... (25/1)
Melton 3.......... (3/1)
Colac 3.......... (20/1)
Narre Warren 2.......... (50/1)
Rosebud 0.......... (999/1)

comments? have i got your predictions about right for round 1?

Back
Top Bottom