Emerson Shield 2005

Craig's odds are fantastic!!!

Narre Warren sure may struggle at Mentone (depending on lane conditions), but 50/1 odds after comfortably winning the zone (against Ed Fleming and Morwell, Mentone, Rosebud), are truly sensational odds.

Evens for Werribee truly are good odds, indicating Craig is being humble at his teams true chances.

Anyone actually practiced at Mentone yet??

rychenroller said:
Chandler not in the allstars?!? how can he live with that! ;)
I'm sure he will disagree with me Adam. I await his response lol.(Thought i'd better do something to liven up this thread - it has been pretty quiet of late)

Vaughnn said:
Craig's odds are fantastic!!!
Narre Warren sure may struggle at Mentone (depending on lane conditions), but 50/1 odds after comfortably winning the zone (against Ed Fleming and Morwell, Mentone, Rosebud), are truly sensational odds.
Evens for Werribee truly are good odds, indicating Craig is being humble at his teams true chances.
Might be worth putting a lazy $100 on Narre Warren - Vaughnn. Quite a tidy payday if you can get up.

I don't think Craig is being humble at his teams true chances, i would say more likely cautious after a bit of egg on his face last year with Geelong's odds.

you can play down what we did to rachuig all you like, unlike some we were given an opportunity and we took it up

we gave them the full respect they deserved, hence our good performance, dont think for a minute they weren't trying, after all, they were only playing the hacks and why get embarrassed like that???

the condition was TOUGH, thats TOUGH with OIL, unlike the crap we get down the road, TOUGH with NO OIL, anyone would have thought you were hosting the world shot putting championships and from what i hear rosebud was no better

i think you underrate our guys a little too much, they are noway as feeble on a tough condition as you might think, all the guys who are purely centre champions, didn't make the team

either way, we will walk out winners

all stars or no all stars, doesn't phase me, winning the shield, thats another story, always better to share success than hog it to yourself

1000000/1 yeah big mistake, obviously got caught over rating those i get accused of not thinking are capable

to be a zone winner in a crap hole is no real true indication to what will happen at the big show, lets face it, at 2 of the zones, the most fashionable thing to do was dust cobwebs of things you thought died with the dinosaurs

Hehe watch the shite fly if Werribee wipe the floor with the rest of us come Emerson...I'll hear about it over MSN for a full year :-#

Gatsby said:
I don't think Craig is being humble at his teams true chances, i would say more likely cautious after a bit of egg on his face last year with Geelong's odds.

G...if this is a cautious Mr. Chandler we've been getting for the last 6 months or so....imagine when he gets confident!

craig said:
2 weeks until i start scaring you all

craig said:
the hand is absolutely cooking at the moment, and hell would have to freeze over for me to not be at melton for the zones, icing a few cakes on the way to mentone.
(I particular like this one )

craig said:
"great equalizer" HA HA HA

nothing will be equal to what i will unleash at it in a few weeks time

214+ (856/4) and a slab

bring it on

craig said:
all of you, make sure to bring your wallets to mentone

make sure they're full too

craig said:
strategy, heres a good strategy for you all, knock some pins over whn you play us, cause if you don't, its gonna get ugly and the infamous "game over" might be chanted early into the match

craig said:
correct

werribee team has made all the neccessary changes to its list and mangement to ensure a positive result come november

werribee 2004, who were they???

it is 2005 isn't it???

there could only be one rocket, couldn't there???

craig said:
werribee will win this year

anyone who doesn't believe me, better get onto the results from last weekends practise session

its a done deal, i'll let you guys sort out between yourselves who will run 2nd

craig said:
3. there will be no dishonesty, so anyone who wants to state that they will win emmerson, well it aint gonna happen

craig said:
i know our next session is at mentone, when i have no idea, anyone want a practise flogging before the tournament ???

that will save the anxiety of experiencing it on the day, that way you can calmly accept getting pumped, knowing what it already feels like to experience it

craig said:
gees after really thinking of it, the womens might be quite exciting, maybe i'll have a look at about game 15 after we have it in the bag, well its either that, or slip out to the car for a few ales, and well thats what we did at melton

just lemm know when the confident craig is going to show....dunno if i wanna read that ;)

craig said:
to be a zone winner in a crap hole is no real true indication to what will happen at the big show, lets face it, at 2 of the zones, the most fashionable thing to do was dust cobwebs of things you thought died with the dinosaurs

Now now...I did the best I could with what was on offer ( which wasnt much at all ) You were good enough to win on that day and odds are you'll be good enough on the last weekend in November too. But last year was also a "done deal" and look what happened there.

Btw, I dont think it will be Melton who pushes Werribee, Ed Fleming and Shep probably have the best chance. But we'll be trying, just like we were last year.

mmmm (hands on chin thinking).... point taken

But i was mainly referring to him being cautious when posting odds. He would love to put Werribee at 100/1 on to win -- but after last years debacle he is being a little cautious.

Yes, we will cop shite until next years Emerson if Werribee wipes the floor with us this year, but one thing i will give Craig credit for -- he gives it,, but he can also take it. He has been copping it for the past 12 months about what he said last year but still comes out punching.

If you make enough big predictions, eventually one will come true! (in theory)

Gatsby said:
but one thing i will give Craig credit for -- he gives it,, but he can also take it. He has been copping it for the past 12 months about what he said last year but still comes out punching.

Sure, and that the funnest part about shite stirring....no good having a war of words with someone who goes and sulks in the corner.

One thing I will be taking in November is a slab off craig ;) at least I've won 1 thing so far this year.

rychenroller said:
Sure, and that the funnest part about shite stirring....no good having a war of words with someone who goes and sulks in the corner.
Yep, it would be a quiet forum without him.

No practice lanes at Mentone? How will that work? 2 shots per lane for incoming bowler? Or just deal with it and like it :vamp: Practice lanes are overused in situations like this anyway I believe

With only 20 lanes at Mentone, and 20 teams, let's hope there are limited breakdowns, or everyone will still be bowling at midnight, or lunch break may be cut in half.

Perhaps the practise lanes might be at Moorabbin, bus leaving every ten minutes ;)

We are looking for ten people to act as pins so the bowlers can get their eye in on the carpet , any takers ?

Ah didnt realize it was a 20 lane centre...a breakdown normally is bad luck if it happens in that situation. We had one in the zone roll-off which delayed a lane for 15 minutes and could have happened at any time :(

All good, practice or no pratice :)

hahahaha:D :D :D

pay out on craig day, i might leave this alone until everyone has jumped on the band wagon and had a crack

so go on, go quote me, let me sit back and have a good long hard think about what i might comeback with

that way i can come out swinging

The only thing that will stop Werribee is if they change the location of the final and don't let you know Craig , nobody else wants to stick their neck out and make a call. Things have not been smooth for Werribee but we still keep our eyes on the prize.

Gatsby said:
Motta (the further away the better) – just kidding Jason!
I thought that you were seeing about those nightmares that you have been having for the last 5 years;)
Gatsby said:
Woza will try for a last minute rule change, that allows the team with the highest pinfall in each zone to qualify for the final.
No last minute rule change from me. I will be there and available as a Sunday Super Sub to the best offer.
Gatsby said:
Someone will start a thread called Emerson Shield 2006 and this will all start again.
Now if anything was a sure thing this is it.

The nightmares HAD stopped until i recently was reminded of the incident (can't remember who it was that bought the subject up) and they have started all over again :mad:

rychenroller said:
One thing I will be taking in November is a slab off craig ;) at least I've won 1 thing so far this year.

Yes I will enjoy drinking it with you :p

watchya gonna do brother, watchya gonna do when Melton runs wild on you :rolleyes: :p

Roll on November

Back
Top Bottom