Emerson Shield 2005

the spoon is good

they use it to stir the soup in the wizard cup

hows your silverware going this year ???

:p

as the unofficial moderator for this emerson shield thread i have this to say

1. we will only talk about things i want to talk about

2. there will be no bagging of my football team or my bowling team

3. there will be no dishonesty, so anyone who wants to state that they will win emmerson, well it aint gonna happen

4. there will be no disputing or trying to defy the odds, if i rate you at 100-1, bowl like it

5. this is the emerson forum, not the other bowling tournament forum

As creator of this Thread I shall turn you into the Official Moderator Mr Chandler.

On behalf of all of us here on the Emerson Shield Thread, CONGRATULATIONS.

Cheers

Well thats the end of the thread for the rest of us then... :p

All we can all say is Congrats Werribee on your fantistic victory :rolleyes:

It has just given back a weekend, as there is no need to bowl, based on Craigs rules, as we are not able to say anyone else is going to win.

I will take your 100/1 odds, as long as it is for the top 3. :rolleyes:

Craig Chandler - aka John Elliot - Thats all we need :D

Hope the Werribee team doesnt have any salary cap breaches - Hate you to lose your priority super sub picks

Tried bowling at Optus oval...any wonder Carlton couldn't win a game there, the heads were pretty big but at the end of the day the back ends were dead.

Gatsby said:
Didn't he send them broke and to the bottom as well? (Maybe this will be our best chance of beating mighty Werribee)

All I will say is that he coped a ribbing after losing CCup 2004 after being unbackable favourites.
The hole that he is digging for Emerson this year is 10 times bigger and for his sake I hope they win because you can only stuff your foot, ankle, shin, knee, thigh in your mouth so far before you start to choke.

And we all know what happens once you start to choke ;)

PIGS A$$

it aint gonna happen, but you all just sit there and hope for the bad :p

last night team mate jason newman threw 802 with the new columbia EPX, well done team mate, cant wait for it to be unleashed on the crews at mentone.

craig said:
last night team mate jason newman threw 802 with the new columbia EPX, well done team mate, cant wait for it to be unleashed on the crews at mentone.

802 thats nice bowling by anyones standards

How many Emerson points did that win :confused: ;)

absolutely not 1 single point

but was definately worth a mention

as you know woza, its all about belief, and nobody works the belief system better than i ;)

I hear that you are trying to install some of your belief on some younger bowlers this weekend at Morwell.

I might have to pop in and see how the form is and see what you have learnt from your last visit to the great place.

Oh yes but that was the wonderful house shot you guys have.

Lets hope we get some fun and games at Mentone.

Oh yes, it is possiblility to shoot that big and not win points.

If we all keep bringing up the 2004 zone final ( 4 in the top 5 averages, all over 220) but not to many individual points in that lot.

Not picking on Porto, but 5 games, average 234, 1 point, and it took a 300 game to get that point at that, and he still only won by about 60 pins. He had a great 240 average shot against him that day.

We all need to remember this little thing, who cares what score you shoot, as long as you bowl higher than your opponent. 120 to 121 is till a win for the 121 game. :rolleyes:

Have won a few games over the 4 years of emerson shield on games below 150. :p

Only 9 more weeks to go. Lets bring on the fun. :D

yes i will be down, goin for 2 wins on the trot, is lacey bowling? curious to know if i have to bring his mystery girlfriend down........... HAHAHA

thought i better have a warm up session before coaching a country cup team next year

you wanna see some good form, turn up at about 7pm, i will be on the way to the pub about then

hmmm interesting question

heres what i learned

don't go looking for something that isn't there (oil)

expect to find nothing where things are meant to be (pins on spot)

don't expect to use anything released after 1998

don't expect any 2 pairs to play the same

expect that a nose hit at 35 kph can strike after pins mysteriously fall from the heavens

i learned heaps, but 1 must ask this???

is it good to win at home, or is it better to lose when you had it stitched up in front of 100 or so spectators

long live the "HUDDLE OF DEATH"

as you know, the only way to shut mouths is with a big bag of strikes, looking forward to the next time we meet ;)

hows your emmerson team going??? better practise heaps, this aint the "dream zone now"

hahaha me bad

craig said:
yes i will be down, goin for 2 wins on the trot, is lacey bowling? curious to know if i have to bring his mystery girlfriend down........... HAHAHA - No Lacey - Rumor is that he is makin a comeback though

thought i better have a warm up session before coaching a country cup team next year. Pinks not your colour

you wanna see some good form, turn up at about 7pm, i will be on the way to the pub about then

hmmm interesting question

heres what i learned

don't go looking for something that isn't there (oil) CORRECT

expect to find nothing where things are meant to be (pins on spot)CORRECT

don't expect to use anything released after 1998CORRECT

don't expect any 2 pairs to play the sameCORRECT

expect that a nose hit at 35 kph can strike after pins mysteriously fall from the heavensCORRECT

5 out of 5 - you are a quick learner

i learned heaps, but 1 must ask this???

is it good to win at home,Good to win anywhere even sweeter when you can finish with a GAME OVER or is it better to lose when you had it stitched up in front of 100 or so spectators Yes been there and done that to

long live the "HUDDLE OF DEATH"Last time I saw a huddle of death the first bowler went up and put the ball straight in the gutter. The greatest use of the huddle that I have seen yet.

as you know, the only way to shut mouths is with a big bag of strikes, looking forward to the next time we meet ;) Most disappointing thing about not getting through the zone

hows your emmerson team going??? better practise heaps, this aint the "dream zone now"
Practice is overrated - Girls team is goin fine thanks for asking

hahaha me bad Yes very bad

Emerson over - Country Cup trials in 2 weeks :D

Back
Top Bottom