Emerson Shield 2005

Can l put Krusty on the injured list. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese

I don't think him being a pain in the backside qualifies as injured though Lance :rolleyes:

Gary Black

xpense said:
Can l put Krusty on the injured list. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese

Comon Lance - get him to dye his hair red, give him a bicycle horn, and a mini bike to ride - worst comes to worst at least you get a laugh. ;)

Now Lance is missing the perfect opportunity for Ed Flemings to use the Sunday Super Sub. :p
Ray actually did a fantastic job in trying to ensure everyone but Ed Flemings made the November final - didn't he Lance!!

I am sure our favourite mouth Steve, will have interesting banter with all and sundry come November, regardless of whether he bowls well or not - that is some guaranteed entertainment for all.

So the teams in the final;
Men
Melton
Geelong
Colac
Werribee
Bendigo
Sunraysia
Shepparton
Narre Warren
Ed Fleming
Rosebud

Women
Shepparton
Werribee
Colac
Geelong
Sunraysia
Echuca
Bendigo
Narre Warren
Ed Fleming
Morwell

Time for some odds??

heres some ODDS

(evens) that only one male team, and one female team will walk away from mentone with the shield

2/1 that this could be werribee in both divisions

Woza said:
Comon Lance - get him to dye his hair red, give him a bicycle horn, and a mini bike to ride - worst comes to worst at least you get a laugh. ;)

But the real Krusty the Clown has green hair :p

craig said:
2/1 that this could be werribee in both divisions

I'll be honest mate, the Ed Fleming Women will give all teams a shake. I think they only lost 5.5 points from the 8 games in zones. It is the best team that has come out of EFL by far, with a number of season tournament bowlers on hand this year, who have all teamed up really well.

Not saying straight out they will win, but they will shake the top spot for the whole weekend, and have a great go at winning thier first womens division, to try and catch up to the men.

Craig, how many are the Men behind the women at Werribee, 1 or 2 cant remember?

Lance ,
Werribee men have never won the best finish so far was a 3rd place in the first year it all started.The women won it in the first year and have had a couple of 2nds along the way. The womens team will be strong again , 3 bowlers who were there in the first year , the team also have muliple allstars in the team and proven performers. It is all about what happens on the day and there is a few teams out there who are a red hot chance .

Christian

Carmers said:
Now more than ever you need to get that Geelong jumper Gatsby. Go out and buy one, or come for a drive down to Rebel Sport and pick one up.

Cheers.

Hey Gary

Did you buy that Snatchers (cats) jumper

The reason for snatchers is they have an uncanny way of snatching defeat from the jaws of Victory - Only in a football sense of course ;)

It's only a game Woza - no harm done - it's only a game (I have been saying that for the past week and a half and I almost believe it now.)

bloody hell

be happy when the footy is finished, then we can get back to talking bowling

or at least talk about the best emerson team going ;)

craig said:
be happy when the footy is finished, then we can get back to talking bowling

Quite happy to talk footy at Country Cup this year Oh thats right Carlton actually won a few games ;)

Best Emerson side 2005 - I'll give Chucky sides a mention - I will even stick my neck out and say any side with Chucky in it - top 3 guarnteed. But answer this question Craig how many times the bride and how many times the bridesmaid

Anything can happen though - Local footy grandfinal on the weekend Top side undefeated since 2003, going for 45 games undefeated, no team within 10 goals all season, going for fourth premership in a row - lose the grandfinal - DOH

If i remember correctly, Country Cup weekend was actually the weekend of the Pre-Season grand final in which Carlton beat West Coast. Craig was more than happy to talk about it because when Deano phoned him for a "Rhonda" bid he was on the way home from the game and turned up to the Saturday night function proudly wearing the scarf. At least West Coast's pre season form rang true.

As for Craig's "bridesmaid" form Woza, my records show he bowled Country cup with Geelong 2004 (2nd - I think your team beat them huh Woza?), 1992 (7th) 1991 (3rd) 1990 (7th) and with Sunraysia 1997 (3rd) 1996 (8th) and 1995 (3rd - which included a team game of 1201). Not quite "top 3 guaranteed" - but maybe Emerson will be different. Werribee certainly looked pretty strong during zone final.

I cant talk - I been the on the Oh so close side more often than I have been on the winning side.

My first Country Cup - 1997 finished 2nd to Gatsby team
Missed 1998 - Got married on weekend of trials
1999 - Won - at Albury
2000 - 2nd to runaway Geelong at Mildura - Mottas 300 - Do you remember that game gatsby
2003 - 3rd at Colac
2004 - Won at home

Emmerson
2002 - Shepparton - 3rd
2003 at Home - 3rd

There you go twice the bride 5 times the bridesmaid

Woza said:
Mottas 300 - Do you remember that game gatsby
12 shots all in the pocket.
Lanes 7 & 8. Latrobe Valley pinfall - 1166 - 7 pts.
My "team mates" starting barracking for him after about the 5th strike!
I got to league on the Tuesday night after Country cup and my opponent for the night was wearing one of Motta's shirts.
In 23,260 Men's games in Country Cup there has only been one 300 game - and it had to get bowled against me - aren't i lucky! -- Yeah Woza, i guess you could say i remember that game.

I think you would find a lot of people are in the same boat re being "bridesmaids" at Country Cup or Emerson shield etc. I guess it just goes to show that these things are not easy to win.

Looks like u lot are surviving pretty well without me! Don't mind if either Melton or Geelong win this yr, i can be a little bit impartial now!(i just sort of want a Geelong team to win something this year, plus you haven't got me there to do a 'Nick Davis' on youse either :p )

werribee will win this year

anyone who doesn't believe me, better get onto the results from last weekends practise session

its a done deal, i'll let you guys sort out between yourselves who will run 2nd

as for the 90's record, lets say i am more educated and alot wiser now and i think it has shown since returning back from queensland

Will admit this. The team looked pretty good in the practise session, with the Rachuig teams. They were found out a little when Porto wanted to bowl with the girls, rather than the fellas...mmmmmmm.....what was with that....

The team fired really well, when they started to get on a run, and cam home strong in the first couple of games, the third was another story.

Mentone is another story to that of what was laid down for the weekend, but it would be fun to bowl on.

Miss by a board, and it was all over for you, but find a line, and it was strike city.

All the other teams need to do is stop PORTO, as he was the leader of the string of strikes that went all the way down the board, and several frames long.

On the form, they will be very strong come the weekend, but we can all remember one thing guys.....Greensborough last year. The highest scoring team, did not make it through. The great equliser, is only 1 point regardless of it is a win by 100 pins or 1 pins.

Back
Top Bottom