Emerson Shield 2005

Oh come on guys i had enough punishment at Melton LOL . Hope they do lay the same condition as the Masters as it was fun averaging 220 and running 4th had my chances to win but stuffed it up.But all that being said if they lay a tough condition down so be it as Lance said it will sort the men from the boys LOL. :rolleyes: :confused: :mad: . Once again end of November can not come quick enough lets get ready to RUMBLE.Lol.

xpense said:
Gee l dont know about this. Craig keeps going on about Werribee being over the line, but hey l am sure he said that last year about Geelong (oh thats right he pulled out, thats why they lost :cool: ).

The bookie has been wrong 2 out of the last 3 times. CCup 2004 Geelong home and hosed - finished 2nd, Emerson 2004 same prediction same result. He was bang on the money for CCup 2005 so he would have recouped some of his money from his previous 2 outings.

I think that the winner will come from the following 3

Weribee - Has the team and a big point to prove after not being their last year. Chucky will give 120% as always and make sure that they get over the line

Naree - Consistant year in - year out. Hoggy religated to No.3 and they have the mouth on their side - keep him away from Sideshow Bob and they are a chance.

Melton – last years winners – went in with a plan and carried it out to the letter – If the 3 guys fire up again a big chance of going back 2 back.

The other 7 sides are all capable and have proven themselves by getting to the state final.
A bit of hard work and team bonding (cause it is a team effort and in Emerson there definetly isnt room for passangers) between now and November who knows what can happen

Woza said:
Naree - Consistant year in - year out. Hoggy religated to No.3 and they have the mouth on their side - keep him away from Sideshow Bob and they are a chance.

Oh come on that was the highlight of the weekend, watching the mouth (Steve Toth for those dont know) have a go at Sideshow Bob AKA Crusty the Clown. Will need to keep him under control in Mentone, he was doing a great job of putting his team off, and giving the mouth even more amunition as the weekend went on.

Not to sure about Narre in the final, will depend on the conditions provided. Werribee will be a good show, as will Melton. Will be an interesting weekend that is for. Now we have extra games on as well, will make it even more of a contest over the course of the weekend.

I wish that we were there already, as it long wait until November, adn l am sure a number of teams will be spending a little bit of time practising, whether on the lanes or the PUB which is the prefered option by most.

In the Ladies, as we cant forget them,

I would think Shep, Ed Felming & Werribee will be the teams to be beat. I say EFL after the dominating perfomrance on the weekend.

8 from 8 in the overall, and only losing 7 matches in total i think it was a fantasic effort.

Anyone watch the Geelong vs Richmond game on Channel 9 today ?
If so, you might/would have seen Andrew "the tosser" Carmichael b4 the game. Good job Andrew!

Yes it was I who tossed the coin at the game today. Thought that I might get a post on here from you Gatsby as I saw you all waiting outside the gate when I was getting my passes etc. The whole day was great experience thoroughly enjoyed. I can now officially add "Tosser" to the resume.

Well at least you can say you helped Geelong win -- 1 point win -- toss very important - good job Carmers!

If you're going to be a tosser, you might as well be the best tosser you can be! (there's nothing worse than a bad tosser)

granat said:
If you're going to be a tosser, you might as well be the best tosser you can be! (there's nothing worse than a bad tosser)

Is there such a thing as a bad tosser :confused: ;)

You are right Kevin. Carmers was not in the pink tutu. Thant was the Richmond players.

Thank god footy is over for another year. I can only take so much Collingwood bashing.

Dave have you been having a Tipple again.....I cant find the word....."Thant" in the dictionary....lol

Do you realise the Collingwood bashing would stop if they were'nt so bad :splat: :splat:

Cheerz
Kevin

Come on Kev - how old is your dictionary? Thant is a new age abbreviation of That not -- should have had the apostrophe though "Than't".
"That not was the Richmond players" -- it makes sense to me (drawing a long bow)
For those who don't know, Dave did not actually leave Colac by choice - he was thrown out when we realized he barracked for Collingwood (is than't considered Collingwood bashing?)

I did have a semi formal dress code, however I should have gone out on a chance and worn the tutu with the jacket. That would have turned some heads. :rolleyes:

And maybe made some come out of the closet too !!!! :shock:

Gatsby that takes some thinking,to deep for me...lol

Cheerz
Kevin

It was good to see the GREAT GATSBY and friends in the Geelong Advertiser yesterday being "Cougar Cats". If I remember correctly you were all in richmond gear at the start yet in the photos you were all in plain old Cougar merchandise. Were my eyes deceiving me?

Cheers

Carmers, your memory serves you okay but your eyes are failing. :)
The only person wearing the Richmond gear was Stephen Hay - the rest of us were in neutral clothing. Three of the group support other teams and were there because it was a freebie. I actually support Geelong but my footy jumper is now a bit too tight - i think i must have shrunk it :rolleyes: I was more than happy to be seen as a "Cougar" cat.
PS - Enough of the "Great" Gatsby reference - i struggle to live up to it.

Assassin_300 said:
Gatsby that takes some thinking,to deep for me...lol
Sorry Kevin - did not mean "to do your head in" - i was just trying to defend someone who obviously CAN'T TYPE lol (I konw what than't is like!)

After being a long suffering Geelong supporter (Football only!) for as many years as i can remember i am surprised no-one has dragged out the age old quote when it comes to bagging the Cats and said something along the lines of
"I think the tutu would have fit right in with the handbags"

Back
Top Bottom