Emerson Shield 2005

You should consider joining the full roller brigade Craig - then it doesn't matter so much if you don't have oil ;)

craig said:
at least ya didn't have to bring lane oil

unfortunately, i forgot mine :p

After what happened at Morwell - I thought that you would always have some in your bag ;)

gatsby said:
You should consider joining the full roller brigade Craig

With his suspect elbow he might just take you up on that offer Gary ;)

lol Woza - I have a feeling he would quit rather than bowl a full roller.
Good luck on the weekend!

Results for the Eastern Zone

Ladies
Ed Fleming, Morwell and Naree Warren

Men
Naree Warren, Ed Fleming and Rosebud

How was everybodies packed lunches?!!

Obviously Morwell men prefer a cafe in the bowl. Its just not the same without one!!

Don't worry Woza I'm sure the women will make enough noise for you guys ;)

Heaps of bad luck to Woza and the guys from Morwell, tough when you have highest total pinfall but lose out on points.

Some controversy surrounding a second day change in player line up by Mentone, when an eighth bowler replaced an "injured" Michael.

Narre Warren - an outstanding effort, winning 6 of eight games, 7-0 against Ed Fleming and Morwell on Sunday. A combined team effort with all guys bowling at least 5 games each, the worst two with a 3-2 win/loss.

Detailed Results (Men):
Team Points Pinfall
Narre Warren 38 7199
Ed Fleming 27.5 6855
Rosebud 26 6955
Morwell 24.5 7256
Mentone 24 6674

Don't have the womans scores in detail, although Ed Fleming were runaway winners.

Cheers,

Vaughnn

Purple_Tweety said:
Obviously Morwell men prefer a cafe in the bowl. Its just not the same without one!!

MAYBE ITS JUST NOT THE SAME WITHOUT "THE" ONE :cool:
NO DOUBT I WILL HERE ALL ABOUT WHAT TOOK PLACE ON WEDNESDAY NIGHT FROM WOZ AND THE OTHERS

ThEOnE said:
MAYBE ITS JUST NOT THE SAME WITHOUT "THE" ONE :cool:
NO DOUBT I WILL HERE ALL ABOUT WHAT TOOK PLACE ON WEDNESDAY NIGHT FROM WOZ AND THE OTHERS

I can guarntee one thing that "The One" would have been glad not to be there. I dont think that those lanes would have been your cup of tea somehow Jase.

As far as the cafe went the Rosebud Dolphins (local disability league) had a roaring trade out the front with all the money going towards getting them to the state champs (If i remember rightly)

Interesting though it will be the first time a centre hosting the state final that does not have a qualifier in either field.

The inclusion of the 'super sub' for 1 or was that 3 games nearly paid dividends

Eastern Zone Women results:

1. Ed Fleming Lanes 48.5 6892
2. Morwell Tenpins 28.5 6410
3. Narre Warren 23.5 6325
4. Rosebud 20 6211
5. Mentone 19.5 6041

High Games:
Nathan Luke 256
Lee Booth 244
Rudy Kerkvliet 223

High Series:
Lee Booth 1403
David Thomas 1373
Peter Kruklys 1366
Congrats to all the teams that participated,a great weekend by all, thanks to Brian and his staff for running the event at Rosebud and special thanks to the two groups who provided food over the weekend which helped raised funds for a worthy cause.
Morwell was a bit stiff having bowled so well yet getting beaten on some very high scoring games. Almost dejavu like Werribee last year, lots of pinfall but not many points won.
Will see you all at Mentone for the real final............. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

"Super Sub" - is right. Bowled Mentone's third highest average.
My understanding is that he was to play one game on Sunday to make up for the injured player who had only bowled 3 (actually in reality that was 4).

Maybe I could of super-subbed for Babecki on Sunday because of his broken toe!!

The odds for "the main game" will now be interesting... Now we have all the teams revealed.

Ed Fleming may have struggled to make it to the top three in the East, but will be back in force come November.
Narre have a much better "team" this year...
Rosebud may have been Narre's only losses (by 6 pins, and 4 pins only), but they don't look like they have the depth for "the main game", with three of their bowlers bowling the minimum number of games.

Bring on THE MAIN GAME

Vaughnn said:
Rosebud may have been Narre's only losses (by 6 pins, and 4 pins only), but they don't look like they have the depth for "the main game", with three of their bowlers bowling the minimum number of games.

Short memory Vaughnn - Melton won it last year with 4 of their bowlers only bowling the minimum number of games.

As proven their aint no certainties in bowling.

No certainties indeed. (so much for the supposed Dream Zone - now Morwell's nightmare)
(I was shocked Morwell crashed out, after Saturday having a 190 team average, and the only two 1000 games all weekend.)

Now because there is no certainty, does that mean when the "real final" odds get posted, we should see something interesting??

Perhaps Werribee and Geelong as 100/1 long shots, and Colac, Rosebud as odds on favourites...

Vaughnn said:
No certainties indeed. (so much for the supposed Dream Zone - now Morwell's nightmare)
(I was shocked Morwell crashed out, after Saturday having a 190 team average, and the only two 1000 games all weekend.)

Here are some stats for you Vaughn - (Had to ring Eddie - he wasnt answering his phone after another Collingwood loss)

Team Series Averages
Morwell - 907
Naree - 899
Rosebud - 869
EFL - 859
Mentone - 835

Team Series Average bowled against us - 913

Maybe we attracted the better teams - maybe guys just lifted against us - Who knows

In the end the only ones in charged of our destiny were ourselves as a team. To say that I am not disappointed would be lying.

EDIT - At least I know that my name who still be in Chuckys even up book :D

It is a team effort that is required for the whole of the weekend - not just one day and not individual performances.
You win as a team - you lose as a team and in the washup on the weekend we were only the 4th best team

As Joe said - It happened to Werribee last year - this year it was us.
In saying that I have no qualms about the format - Brillant format and it is alot harder than people think - Getting your strongest lineup whilst still ensuring the minimum number of games. In years to come this tournament is going to be the premier tournament that everyone wants a piece of.

Woza said:
Short memory Vaughnn - Melton won it last year with 4 of their bowlers only bowling the minimum number of games.

As proven their aint no certainties in bowling.

You have made a few references to that Bryan, seems maybe you are a little put out about it? True enough, we stacked our team as much as we could, we believed we didnt have the depth to match it with a more even spread of games. Still, even when Ronald Hine came in to play, he won 5 of his 7 games off a 160 odd average. All you can do really.

We played the tournament by its rules, to the extreme circumstance yes, but within the guidelines. Whether or not it is sportsmanlike, or in the "spirit" of the game, its not for me to say. Would we do it again? absolutely...rolling a strong Geelong team ( of course, minus his royal highness :p) was a great reward for some great bowling. We all had a great weekend, but we enjoyed the win just as much :)

Edit: just read your last post...disregard as I thought your direction of thinking was that you didnt like the format, seems by your last post that you do....Adam

rychenroller said:
You have made a few references to that Bryan, seems maybe you are a little put out about it? True enough, we stacked our team as much as we could, we believed we didnt have the depth to match it with a more even spread of games. Still, even when Ronald Hine came in to play, he won 5 of his 7 games off a 160 odd average. All you can do really.

We played the tournament by its rules, to the extreme circumstance yes, but within the guidelines. Whether or not it is sportsmanlike, or in the "spirit" of the game, its not for me to say. Would we do it again? absolutely...rolling a strong Geelong team ( of course, minus his royal highness :p) was a great reward for some great bowling. We all had a great weekend, but we enjoyed the win just as much :)

No sour grapes here and you guys exploited (and thats not the right word) -worked the rules to your advantage and without a doubt I would have done exactly the same in your circumstance. You guys obviously had a plan before the tournament and stuck to it and pulled it off. Knocking off Geelong at Geelong is no easy feat CCup this year proved that where in the mens they blew everyone else out of the water.
Again I say the tournament is great
The format leads itself to team bowling - all 7 bowlers have to participate.
The rules have been modified this year in that all teams must have 7 bowlers - the tournament is heading in the right direction.
It is becoming more like a game of Chess than bowling - Do you play the pawn or play the king sometimes the pawn is more powerful- Its whose got the moves and who has the balls to pull them off and this year unfortanetly we got checkmated

Woza said:
Knocking off Geelong at Geelong is no easy feat CCup this year proved that where in the mens they blew everyone else out of the water.
Would have been interesting to see how they would have gone under this format - considering they only had 6 bowlers in CCup and one of those six bowled just 4 of the 22 games. I'm sure they would probably have still won, but it would have been a lot closer.

Woza said:
It is becoming more like a game of Chess than bowling - Do you play the pawn or play the king sometimes the pawn is more powerful.
In the final you can actually play your King in all 18 games if you want to. Bowlers 1,2,3 could bowl all 18, and bowlers 4,5,6,7 could all bowl 9 each - total 90 games with everyone bowling at least half. I think it is a bit of a myth that you have to leave your best bowlers out if they are going well. The other side of the equation is that it is also better to be coming into the last few games, when the result is going down to the wire, with everyone qualified and then being able to pick your best five. (Unless i misread the rules - chess never was one of my strong suits).

Back
Top Bottom