Country Cup 2008

I hope little petey is abiding by all the rules :p

Pete lives in Moama (no where near Melb) only bowls in Shepp and pays his TBA/local sanction fee in Shepp. How is that even relevant to what Dave was asking?

Plus we checked ages ago - Trav stop being a tool and trying to cause trouble. :p

ps Pete, I'll take the bait for you, I've been starting to feel a bit left out!! :D

Pete lives in Moama (no where near Melb) only bowls in Shepp and pays his TBA/local sanction fee in Shepp. How is that even relevant to what Dave was asking?
Plus we checked ages ago - Trav stop being a tool and trying to cause trouble. :p
ps Pete, I'll take the bait for you, I've been starting to feel a bit left out!! :D

Hi Paige,

I think what Trav was getting at was that the rule once stated...

"Team members must be a resident of the association/centre they are representing for a period of at least six (6) months prior to the tournament."

but now it states...

"(b) Team players must live in country Victoria (or Albury) for a period of at least six (6) months prior to the tournament."

and abide by the other criteria as well.

Rob

PS....plus a bit of pot stirring is good for the bowling;)

:rofl:

that bite was way too quick LOL..

However i did expect the reply to come from someone other than pete in shepps squad. well done paige.

Petey doesnt have the balls to put in a decent argument...

so woza does this mean if you live in melbourne and goto university in melbourne you can still bowl for latrobe valley?
Sorry to keep you waiting
Did you say stay in Melbourne and reside in the latrobe Valley ;)
This rule (be a member of the association and not reside within Xkms of the city) was for all team members which included coaches and managers but now has recently been changed to just team players.
I have had this discussion on here before with a different interpolation of the rule than some people who post on this site. I believe that I could bowl for Sale (except for the fact that it is closing down) As i still live far enough from the city centre and all that I have to do is register there first. In my opinion Dave could bowl for Shepp (he currently bowls a league there and resides far enough away from the city centre) If he paid his TBA portion of his registration at Shepp then in my eyes he is eligible to bowl for them.
(I see that Rob has posted the 2 rules)
My understanding of this rule (which is the old rule) is "Team members must be a resident of the association/centre they are representing for a period of at least six (6) months prior to the tournament." So as long as I am a member/resident of the association it does not tell me where I can live as long as I dont live to close to the city centre. From my understanding there is no set zones for each association - ie if you live in zone A then you bowl for team A, if you live in zone B then you bowl for team B
and if this is the new rule "Team players must live in country Victoria (or Albury) for a period of at least six (6) months prior to the tournament."
that replaces the above rule then it is even more open - I can bowl for any one of the 12 associations as long as I meet their individual criteria

so whats the difference between living and boarding??
i know some uni students board in melb but still live in the country!!
can i say i still LIVE in warrnambool, but board elsewhere??

so whats the difference between living and boarding??
i know some uni students board in melb but still live in the country!!
can i say i still LIVE in warrnambool, but board elsewhere??

Thats the argument isnt it - Where do you actually reside??

I'd like to bowl Country Cup. I reside in Bendigo and have lived there for the past 9 years. Anyone need a bowler?

Back
Top Bottom