Country Cup 2008

I dont think that it would take that much to make it happen Deano.

You could take the top 4 teams from both CC and DS and then take the top 7 all stars from each to form the 9th and 10th teams.

PS. Someone is throwing down the challenge to you in LAST YEARS THREAD. LMAO.

or you could ust the president shield or rachuig teams as well for the 9th and 10th teams. Would be good practice for them.

You could go top 3 from CC and DS plus Rachuig, Presidents Shield, Youth and Seniors to fill it out.

Some of us country bowlers are actually good enough to bowl for our state :p
There are alot of big talkers on here that must think they are too good for it :pokey:

Aaanyway.. So what if you are already in 3 of these teams ie: me in CC, rachuig AND youth??
Who am I supposed to bowl for?
I know who I would bowl for, home center of course, but there would be 2 spots to fill..

I say keep it clean, CC and DS, that way there's no problems with bowlers doubling up..

Well i back you up there leash i know that if i was to choose i would bowl for my home centre because thats where i learnt everything i know and put so much time in (20 years). I feel that i would owe it to the centre to represent them. Thats my opinion anyway, other people may be different.

A Big THANKYOU To Dave & Tracey Farky For Accomodating Shelby &

I Last Weekend. Unfortunately Mildura Mav's Didn't Kick Much Butt. Ohh Well

There Is Always Next Tournament.

Hey Dave, After You Shot 703 Here On Wednesday Night, Rob's Not Happy

With The Pattern, Say's It Must Be Too Easy ;)

Looking Forward To Ballarat, Only 5 Weeks To Go :D

Lisa

A Big THANKYOU To Dave & Tracey Farky For Accomodating Shelby &
I Last Weekend. Unfortunately Mildura Mav's Didn't Kick Much Butt. Ohh Well
There Is Always Next Tournament.
Hey Dave, After You Shot 703 Here On Wednesday Night, Rob's Not Happy
With The Pattern, Say's It Must Be Too Easy ;)
Looking Forward To Ballarat, Only 5 Weeks To Go :D
Lisa

Lisa - Trace just wants a bit more lead time, next time, so that she can get a big sleep before you arrive.

Rob - the pattern was extremely hard. I just got lucky. I think if you leave it be, I'll practice a bit more and be ready for the marathon.

Deanno - thanks for the lesson you gave in the first game - pity about the second one. I reckon that'll be about the right time to play you. Geee - you tire easily. Rob will have to drop you every second game.

The only Vic marathon left. Looking forward to a GREAT weekend.

David

The city vs country idea sounds good, cos the only thing that sux about moving from the country is not bein able to bowl country cup!!
but you would have to expand the criteria a bit, because where i live now, we don't bowl dunn shield, only emerson!

Lisa - Trace just wants a bit more lead time, next time, so that she can get a big sleep before you arrive.
Rob - the pattern was extremely hard. I just got lucky. I think if you leave it be, I'll practice a bit more and be ready for the marathon.
Deanno - thanks for the lesson you gave in the first game - pity about the second one. I reckon that'll be about the right time to play you. Geee - you tire easily. Rob will have to drop you every second game.
The only Vic marathon left. Looking forward to a GREAT weekend.
David

OUCH!!!
He did throw 287 first game though farqy give him a bit more credit than that :p

So people.
Who is running the Country vs City thing?
Who is driving it from the Country, wouldnt it be best for your Country Association to kick it off - therefore, if the annual meeting at CCup is on in Ballarat, you better get your act together and start getting a concept to the table.

On another aside - having not played Country Cup for a long long time:(, I have a house in Bendigo, but I sanctioned in Melbourne with the MTBA. Can I trial for CCup next year? And what criteria determines where I can trial for?
Anyone know for sure the ruling on this?

Country vs City - great idea, you may need an incentive in the dollars department cause thereis so many 'team' events now. And when its all said and done, everyone is driven by the almighty dollar. Would it be paid for by associations? Or would the bowlers be up for more money?

Agree with Alicia's comments, who do you bowl for - it has to be up to the individual.
Also, what happens if a bowler qualifies through their CCup performance but has other commitments on the weekend of the 'Champions Team Challenge'? Can a centre bring in a sub? In All Stars its easy, just grab the next person, with team qualifying, its a little different.

Not having a go, I think its an idea with legs, just gotta plan and allow for as many contingencies as you can.

Better go do my hair and make-up now, get ready for Deano to hang it on me. Or do I just look out for the city guys who never have banter like country people. ;)

David

On another aside - having not played Country Cup for a long long time:(, I have a house in Bendigo, but I sanctioned in Melbourne with the MTBA. Can I trial for CCup next year? And what criteria determines where I can trial for?
Anyone know for sure the ruling on this?
To be eligible to bowl for Bendigo then you need to meet the following
Not reside (its either 60 or 70kms might be more - I know that werribee is to close to the city) of the city centre so although you have a house in Bendigo it depends on where your residential address is and
you must pay your TBA portion of your registration with Bendigo. You then also have to meet any other criteria that the local association requires (see explanation below)
This is one of the rules that seems abit silly - for example if I reside and bowl at Morwell and also bowl at Dandenong - If I pay my registration at Dandenong (TBA portion which I only pay once) before I register at Morwell then I am ineligible for Country Cup.
So in your case Dave if you do reside in Bendigo and you do meet all of the local associations criteria as long as you register with Bendigo(pay them your TBA portion of your registration) before you register with any other centre then you would be eligible to bowl for Bendigo

so woza does this mean if you live in melbourne and goto university in melbourne you can still bowl for latrobe valley?

Craig

I'm glad you are now renting in David's house. It will be great to have you AND David in the team for Bendigo next year.

David

Atleast Chucky knows the power of the Microwave. ;)

SO, since my residential address is in Bendigo, I only go to Melbourne for work reasons, and stay with my sister during this time (I dont have my own place in Melbourne - yet). So long as I pay the TBA portion in Bendigo and bowl a league there (eg Phantom League) its all good?

Oh, and Chucky, can you get Milk and Bread? :)

hey woza

i'm still waiting for clarification

you are going to answer my query aren't you

HAHAHAHA

Back
Top Bottom