Country Cup 2008

You'd have enough stats to draw up a fairly detailed form guide wouldnt you Gary? Haha. With the home ground advantage this year, we'll be looking to spoil the party for some of the more fancied runners...

Apparently deano's lover or something?

NOt Even that m8 just his plaything :inlove:

I'll cop it tomorrow night at bowling.....it'll start with.....But you're a wizard Harry!!

Paige was so wrong the first thing I asked was "Did you get a **** over Xmas"
and you dont want to know the reply :mad:

might even make an appearance and see if i can wind kevvy up on the bench again

Yeh m8 come on up :JD: if I'm on the bench ther will be 6 others that can do the job

You'd have enough stats to draw up a fairly detailed form guide wouldnt you Gary? Haha. With the home ground advantage this year, we'll be looking to spoil the party for some of the more fancied runners...
Way too many stats Woody - can't make head nor tails of them!

I have worked out averages for people bowling this year based on results from when they last bowled. Interestingly, we have 10 first timers in the men's division. (Not sure who is in Albury or Warrnambools team so i have made some guesses)

I have attached Mens averages for the last two years we bowled on Synthetics (2005 & 2006) - because i think this will give an indication as to who will go well in Ballarat. The second part of the spreadsheet is overall Cup averages for everyone who is bowling this year.

Will work on doing some odds over the next week or so.

Attachments

• Country Cup 2008 Teams.xls
    60.5 KB · Views: 63
Now my friend Mr Bary Glack, how wonderful to read all about the men. Now i know we are the greater sex and all but you seem to forgotten about the beautiful, intelligent and talented women who make up the other half of CC and make the overall possible!!

I can never understand why, I mean none of you would be here if it wasn't for women in your lives!! ;)

Gary

You have WAY TOOOOOOOOOOOOO much time on your hands.

Well done. Very interesting stats. Where would we be without you. It definitely stops some chest pounding.

David

Cant open the file.. I dont have microsoft office..

could you put it in a basic wordpad/notepad document please..

Only country cup i bowled was 2002 in shep (only my 3rd year of bowling).
Then I took 03,04,05 off bowling altogether..
started back in 06.

Interesting if you take my only cup appearance as an indication of my bowling ;)

Now my friend Mr Bary Glack, how wonderful to read all about the men. Now i know we are the greater sex and all but you seem to forgotten about the beautiful, intelligent and talented women who make up the other half of CC and make the overall possible!!
I can never understand why, I mean none of you would be here if it wasn't for women in your lives!! ;)
Not going to argue with you Paige. (too scared):( . but i will give you another couple of stats.
So far on this forum topic - "Country cup 2008", we have had 396 posts. Of those 396 only 44 have been from ladies and 36/44 are Purple tweety :D. This means that only 5 other ladies have posted a total of 8 posts of the 396.
It is not about me excluding the "greater sex" but more about me providing for the majority (although maybe the majority aren't that interested either). I love doing the numbers but other than your good self the ladies don't seem to be as interested so i don't put up the ladies stats - just the men... This little spreadsheet took about an hour and a half - the womens would take about the same...

Gary
You have WAY TOOOOOOOOOOOOO much time on your hands.
Well done. Very interesting stats. Where would we be without you. It definitely stops some chest pounding.
David
Yeah -- you are right Dave -- way toooooo much time :D

Woody got me thinking about using the previous data as a way of predicting form for this year so i decided to get separate stats for synthetics. Then i thought i might as well do all years as i still had some spare time. I personally think the results from 2005 and 2006 will be a fair indicator as to who will go well this year. I reckon at least 4 of the all stars team will come from the top 10 or 12 names on the 05/06 listing -- but i have been wrong (many times) before ..

Something makes me think that the scores this year will not be as over inflated as Bendigo.:frusty2:

At least I hope not.:)

I think this may be one of the more closely contested Country Cup's.

Rob

PS.. As for All Stars, that should be the last thing on everyone's mind until after the last ball of the last game is bowled!!!

Something makes me think that the scores this year will not be as over inflated as Bendigo.:frusty2:
I would say you will probably be right. My point was that i reckon the guys that went well in 2005 and 2006 will probably still go well this year - scores may be lower but the names will be the same.
I think this may be one of the more closely contested Country Cup's.
Country cup is often very close and often goes down to the last game (including a couple of ties in the past 5 years). Last year any of 4 teams could have won the Men's division going into the last game. I don't thisk this year will be much different.

PS.. As for All Stars, that should be the last thing on everyone's mind until after the last ball of the last game is bowled!!!
Again i was using the all stars reference to indicate that i think the guys that went well in 2005 and 2006 will once again be at the top of the averages this year.

Back
Top Bottom