Country Cup 2008

Gee
And we normally get Craig to do the fishing.
Well done Gatsby

fishing, have i got a story for you guys, i actually went for a bit of fishing last week, managed to snaffle 3 5kg snapper, couple of flatties and a few sharks. i actually have photographic proof for you disbelievers (yeah you rob and lisa)

craig has been in sydney for a couple of days with his new job (no that doesn't make me a resident of sydney) just incase the bowling nazi's are reading

god, you guys racked up 4 pages

whats with all this stat stuff, pete you got as much talent in your body as the big fella has in his pinky, don't be pulling up trivial stats to get on the same page, cause we all know you not even on the same book shelf

and yeah, as long as the box isn't covered in fur, oh and of course, that there is enough room in the box too

Not sure where this comes from Liz - i did not have a go at you and have never said you talk too much (I assume that most of what you have said is slightly tongue in cheek - so correct me if i am wrong)

Obviously You don't know her very well.:p:surrender:

Grumpy

Hi All

Hope Everyone Had a Gr8 Xmas and Remember the NewYear lol
As i havent been on have just read some very interesting topics......

Suck Suck Suck

happy in a box or some prefer a box not covered in fur lol (hey craig)

coming out of closets

Secret Weapons .......pfft.
obviously a secret cause SCARED/AFFRAID they might not Work???????????

Speaking of fishing - I wondered how long this comment would take

Liz

You good at speaking of fishing

HEY KEV LMAO

Happy New Year To All

Gary I Think You Do A Great Job With The Stats. Personally I Think The Day

The Ladies Out Score The Men, Or Have 10-15 Over The Card, Then We Can

***** If You Dont Put Up Our Stats ;)

I Read Every Post On Here, Just Dont Post Myself Very Often Cause Honestly

I Cant Talk As Much Crap As Most Of You :D Just Do My Talking On The Lanes

:cool:

Cant Wait To See Those Photos Craig, You And Rob Can Compare Fish With

His Photos From Port Douglas.

Lisa

Happy New Year To All
Gary I Think You Do A Great Job With The Stats. Personally I Think The Day
The Ladies Out Score The Men, Or Have 10-15 Over The Card, Then We Can
***** If You Dont Put Up Our Stats ;)
I Read Every Post On Here, Just Dont Post Myself Very Often Cause Honestly
I Cant Talk As Much Crap As Most Of You
:D Just Do My Talking On The Lanes
:cool:
Cant Wait To See Those Photos Craig, You And Rob Can Compare Fish With
His Photos From Port Douglas.
Lisa

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight :p

Well well, it seems that there are the women out there and I know for a fact there are more who read and don't post. They laugh and shake their heads but don't find the need to post what they think (unlike me). ;)

Gary, how about you post a link to your website and us wonderful ladies can go have a look at it if we want some stats on Country Cup. Because I know that would take about one hour and twenty five minutes less than the guys stats!!

And don't be afraid of me, my bark is far worse than my bite!! ;) well sometimes anyway.

The Emerson page has just been updated with this years results (some of the CCup pages are a bit behind). I spend too much time on total bowling and not enough time updating my web site.

(PS - Remember i never said i was any good at web site design -- it is pretty basic compared to what the professionals can do)

Well now that I have your attention (and Gary knows that I still love him :inlove: ;)) I have 2 questions to ask
1 Why is it that mostly it is the men who post and women generally tend to just read the posts - I don't necessarily mean under this thread but generally on this site? As a lot of tournies and leagues struggle to get women to participate, should they not be encouraged to be more vocal?
2 Now this one is more CCup related. Again there seems to be some discussions about who can bowl for what centre etc. Let's say I bowl a league at Sale and one at Morwell and meet the centres selection criteria (eg bowl their championships etc) then I feel I should be able to try out for both centres but obviously I can only make one.
Let's actually say that some of the Morwell ladies bowl both centres. A couple make the LV team but a couple miss out and subsequently try out for Sale and make the team. What is wrong with that? For me personally it would be a good thing. Presently I know that if I nominate at Sale unless something drastic happens I will make the team. However if we have some LV ladies try out who are going to make me work for my spot or even put me out of the team then it would encourage me to lift my game. Not only that but it would make the whole CCup more interesting as we would have stronger teams.
In Dunn Shield you can try out for more than one side. So why not give the more dedicated bowlers in CCup the same option?
Liz

1 should they not be encouraged to be more vocal?

The answer to your first question is obvious ~ no:surrender::surrender::surrender:

The answer to the second question is a) why should 1 team be able to strengthen thier team from outside the rules and guidelines when another can not. The rule states that the bowler will represent the first centre/country association they are registered, therefore if you register with LV you should not be able to trial for Sale, unless you apply for an exemption to these rules and apply for in writing to the Board, listing all relevant details to be considered.

Letting people try out for two teams, if they so wish, could also affect the Albury ~ Wodonga teams.

IMO too many worms in the can if opened.

Rob

Rob,

I understand the current rules. I am basiing my comment on a change of rules.

Also it is not only Albury~Wodonga that could be in the same situation. Based on where a person works and lives, there could be some other centres in the same scenario.

Also it would not only be CCup but Senior Shield and the juniors. Some centres are struggling for juniors for instance so why not give them and juniors from other centres an opportunity.

The associations would also benefit as they have more revenue from more bowlers trialling and not to mention the centres.

Since moving to the country, I have seen instances where the local/VCTBA or some other association has restricted the revenue for a bowl, as well as discouraged some bowlers.

Now before somebody goes and misinteprets this post as well, this is not meant as a personal agenda. I support my local association (I am on the board also), I support the country centres - they do it much tougher than in Melbourne. I will be open and up front in this instance and say that I struggle to support the VCTBA because of an occurance but that does not effect how I view the overall picture when I am representing bowlers.

It seems to me that bowlers moan and complain but when it comes to the crunch, a lot of them do not speak up for what they believe in.

Liz

Rob,
I understand the current rules. I am basiing my comment on a change of rules.
Now before somebody goes and misinteprets this post as well

Liz, I don't think I misunderstood your post. Just put my perspective on it.

As for the rules changing, I can not see that happening, not in the short term anyway.

Rob

Back
Top Bottom