Country Cup 2008

gees, i'm still on 2 hands counting down how many years until senior shield

although as of today, i know someone who is down to 2 fingers

happy birthday rob "kouta 43" garioch
Happy Birthday Rob
You Beauty another one that gets there before me :D
Well well happy birthday mate. Enjoy your fishing trip.
Happy Birthday Rob
i guess he wont appreciate the happy 50th sms i sent him earlier today :whistling: :oops:
Happy Birthday Rob
happy birthday rob ;)
HEy Rob
Can you feel the love :p:p

Thanks for all the Birthday wishes guys:)

The fishing up North was great.:D:D:D

As for odds on Country Cup 2008, Shepparton would have to be in the red as winners in both divisions on recent form.

The only way I have heard that the men wont win is if there is a visitor from Geelong hanging about giving Kev some advise.

Rob

As for odds on Country Cup 2008, Shepparton would have to be in the red as winners in both divisions on recent form.
I would certainly agree that the women should be odds on to win after dominating Emerson and winning CCup earlier this year.

The Men's division is a bit more open though. Whilst Shep were deserved winners of Emerson on the weekend, CCup is a different event. The winners of Men's CCup for the past two years have been Albury (don't compete in Emerson) and Warrnambool (not quite the same team in Emerson without Country Victoria's best bowler - Jason Way - in their team - plus Griffo didn't bowl Emerson either). Add to that the fact the Sunraysia also did not compete in the Emerson final - i don't think Shep are over the line just yet!

The CCup format is a bit different too. A team like Warrnambool probably doesn't have the same depth as Shep - but in CCup you only need a strong five and not a strong seven - they won in Bendigo with only 6 bowlers and one of those six only bowled a handful of games.

I won't be surprised if Shepparton win next year in the Men but i don't think they should be in the red as far as odds go. A lot of people thought Werribee Men were over the line last weekend yet they finished fourth.

Thing is I got a bite off of the wrong person Gary,;)
Rob
It's lucky i'm not a fish cause i take any bait pretty quickly....

I'm sure one of the Shep boys will also get on here and play down their chances. They don't want to have too much pressure from the weight of expectations :D

Me at 1
Big Fella at 2
Motta will slot into 3 just nicely;)
That should fire him up :furious::furious:
Alternatively mght have to chuck the cowboy into that 3rd spot:2guns:

you've been sacked at number 2, and i aint going to argue with 2 guys, 1 who is 7 foot around the gut and one who is 7 foot tall, if they say they are bowling at 1 & 2, thats where they are bowling

Is the 207.5 with 4 outa 5 not staring you in the face, or do have that rare blinding disease most Carlton fans get leading into the pre season?
And yes Deano you go OK also. Credit were its due, which is not done Geelong way.:p:p

get this your going to bowl at number 2 idea out of your head, it aint gonna happen

Not gonna be much help with that one Motta. I only have positional averages for games bowled against Colac. Seeing as though you asked (you aint gonna like it)
16 games that i have records for
Position 1 - 8 games - 169.6 ave - 1 pt
Position 2 - 5 games - 207.4 ave - 4 pts
Position 3 - 1 game - 224 - 1 pt
Position 4 - 1 game - 193 - 0 pt
Position 5 - 1 game - 191 - 1 pt
(that should pour a bit more fuel on the fire)

its still not going to happen

1. woza
2. boz
3. walshy
4. webby
5. millsy

peeling oranges motta

now stop arguing and start practising "orange boy" (note its better to be called orange boy and not yellow boy)

if all fails, they will slot you into number 3 real quick, like about game 8

so make the most of your opportunity, unlike 2006's dismall attempt at being a lead off player :D:D:D

1. woza
2. boz
3. walshy
4. webby
5. millsy
peeling oranges motta

It will never happen, seeing as Walshy is not even in the team! And if for some unknown reason I were to start on the bench it will be peeling the top off tinnies:5shotss::drunk::theBar:

But I will take that number 3 spot and make it 'Spot Motta' by the end of the weekend! And I challenge anybody to come down and get a taste of it;)
:whip:

we all know your an ace at peeling the tops off tinnies

i suppose whether its oranges or tinnies, be prepared to have an activity to fill in time, cause it would be awfully boring watching for 18 games

who would go down to 3 to play motta, nearly a poll subject required

The only way I have heard that the men wont win is if there is a visitor from Geelong hanging about giving Kev some advise.

Rob He was'nt giving advise he wanted to know where we are staying at Ballarat and how big the showers are ;);)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROB
FOR YESTERDAY
NOTHING WRONG WITH GETTING OLD
BETTER THAN NOT GETTING OLD I GUESS !!!!!!!

So whos gonna have the ...... to post odds??????

Someone who always puts it out there EVENTUALLY LOL.....

Probably a bit early to do odds yet Thommo. Some of the teams have not even been finalised yet.

I am sure as the event gets closer someone will field some odds. Usually that "honour" goes to Craig but if he doesn't, i am sure someone else will fill the breach.

Well i beleive that we will be at unbackable odds. maybe even money at the longest. Engrave the Cup its coming home with us. Bring on all challenges. The only thing we might struggle with is someone to compete with Motta at the Orange peeling.;)

Oh well guess the will have to wait for the secret weapon. HMMMM wonder what it is???????

Even Chucky has been quiet on things.

Deano

lost for words

but i am interested about the secret weapon, have you had some new arrivals to town or something

Well arrivals maybe, who knows its just a secret that im quite sure will just help us even more. Hopfully the secret wont be reveiled until C/Cup eve. All i can say is well nothing cos im lost for words too. ;)

Back
Top Bottom