The Wrestling Thread

edge vs batista at judgement day what are the thoughts on how this fight will go i belive that both will put on a great match but as much as i want batista to beat edge i think edge will retain the gold seenon how he has had it for not even a week yet but never know
for more info go to www.wwe.com

Can't wait til Bats starts feuding with Mark Henry again. Then at last there will be a new toilet break match that doesn't involve Lashley!!

HBK and Orton added to Judgement Day. Could quite steal the show but Benoit/MVP 2 out of 3 falls will be the showstealer if their last encounters are anything to go by.

From what i have read(no spoiler) I think Benoit has taken mvp under his wing and teaching him how to wrestle and be a good in ring person

It's good to see a veteran like Benoit teaching a new wrestler like MVP how to wrestle in the ring. Now maybe he might be able to back up some of the trash talking he does. As early as it is, i think he may get a chance at next years MITB match. Would also like to see the Edge Matt Hardy feud again, especially now that Edge is Champion, Batista's had too many chances at the title.

Edge and Matt Hardy had possibly the best feud of 2005. Their cage match at Unforgiven was definitely a MOTY candidate. Would be good to see the feud re-ignite especially with some gold on the line.

Now you are talking, its about time mat actually got the push he deserves

His match with Kennedy the other week was probably Smackdown's greatest match this year - even better than Taker/Batista last week!!

thats for sure totally agree that matt need a push and what better than like u all say espically LUKE D when u stated one of the best feuds of 2005 for sure and with the world heavyweight championship at stake what better than to bitter rivals fight over the richest prize in the business

results from raw
Jeff Hardy def. Trevor Murdoch
Intercontinental Champion Santino Marella def. Chris Masters (non-title match)
Candice Michelle def. Victoria
Bobby Lashley def. Jonathan Coachman
Carlito def. Val Venis
Shawn Michaels def. World Heavyweight Champion Edge (non-title match)

results from smackdown
MVP def. Matt Hardy
Paul London, Brian Kendrick & Jimmy Wang Yang def. WWE Tag Team Champions Deuce & Domino & Cruiserweight Champion Chavo Guerrero
Mark Henry def. Funaki
United States Champion Chris Benoit def. Finlay (DQ)
Kane def. William Regal

thats for sure totally agree that matt need a push and what better than like u all say espically LUKE D when u stated one of the best feuds of 2005 for sure and with the world heavyweight championship at stake what better than to bitter rivals fight over the richest prize in the business

As much as Hardy is a great wrestler, he will never have the top gold around him. But to be pushed into the main event, you don't need to win it. Have him and Edge feuding over the gold a few times with Edge coming out on top (just) each match would still be great. Hardy's skill is in the tag team division, but more so the mid card singles area too.

Only 2 days to go. This is the first PPV i've actually been excited about in a long time. Lashley and the ECW wrecking crew will just be a repeat. Maybe with Umaga or Shane turning on Vince. Edge and Bats will be alright, only cos Edge will carry him to a decent match. Cena/Khali not excited about but has train wreck written all over it - you don't wanna watch it but you can't stop yourself from doing so. Carlito and Flair will be ok. Their match at Unforgiven 05 was a great opener (the one where Flair finally did a move from the top rope successfully - and the crowd went nuts accordingly). Orton and HBK will be the semi-showstealer.

But the one i'm so looking forward to is Benoit v MVP 2 out of 3 falls. I expect this'll be the time MVP finally takes the gold. :D

Sabu should go back to the indys. Maybe have a stint in ROH. RVD will be better suited in TNA. Am not a huge RVD fan but it would be great to see him go up against the likes of Christopher Daniels, AJ Styles, Petey Williams and Jay Lethal - pretty much a lot of the X division.

Even him and Angle or Joe would be awesome

Recently Released:
Rob Van Dam
Sabu
Scotty 2 Hotty
Vito
Nicky
Ariel
2 Cold Scorpio

Expect more in the coming weeks.

I wouldn't have mind seeing here either, just possibly for different reasons

Haha, really? No reason to get a ringside seat now :( haha

It'll still be an awesome show. Having Edge there makes up for pretty much everyone else not being there (except for Kennedy - but there's still hope he'll make an appearance, even if its just being on the mic). If only they didn't let Batista come into the country, then the night would be perfect!!

Benoit and MVP, Finlay, Thorn, Burke and Cor Von. Keep Lashley back in the states. If Vince is still champ come tour time he better show too!!

Sabu is no big loss. The homicidal, suicidal, genocidal death-defying botchmonkey would just stink up the joint if he was't without the chairs and tables.

Hope they bring out some developmental talent too so we get to see who could be the up and comers of tomorrow. Striker should be there too. As much as you may hate the guy, he would be the perfect mouthpiece for any stable.

Oh and of course Punk will be there. Can't wait, especially just to here "This Fire Burns" played loud over the speakers during his entrance!!

Recently Released:
Rob Van Dam
Sabu
Scotty 2 Hotty
Vito
Nicky
Ariel
2 Cold Scorpio
Expect more in the coming weeks.

Add Mark Canterbury, formerly Henry Godwinn, to the list.

Who else does everyone think will get the axe?

Mine would be:
RAW: Val Venis (another jobber for life, but after S2H's release even permanent jobbers aren't secure). Carlito (if he doesn't put a good showing at JD). Super Crazy. Highlanders.
SD: Daivari, Jamie Noble, Mark Henry (hopefully), Shannon Moore, Vickie Guerrero (at least from tv)
ECW: Sandman, Mike Knox, Balls Mahoney, Little Guido.

Apparently Ariel was released due to having an arguement with Batista which is pretty pathetic. She as more talent in her left, umm, bit than Batista does in total!! :D

Back
Top Bottom