Emerson Shield 2005

well i was the byes first win for the day yesterday, its not a case that the bye wins its the problem that you lose, but these things happen, if the system was floored, it was pre setting the byes score. i know this may sound awkward, but it should have been the field average less 10, so yesterday it would have been around 115, na only joking :D , probably 160ish

next thing on the agenda, yes its true, i got equalised, i don't know who smiled the most adam after my 149 in game 3, or terry when geelong won the pinfall against us by 3 pins, but then again, that geelong mob didn't crack too many smiles all day, adam will be presented with his slab on state final saturday, in an official presentation. just so everyone knows i didn't welch on my bet. hopefully he will crack into a few pre game.

gees my boys handled it well, in the end, if you could throw over the heads you scored, we were lucky we had 2 guys that could, as for the rest of us, we may have struggled, but no one spat it, chucked it in or anything that ressembled a poor show of teamsmanship, that will hold us in good stead for november, my hat off to "king ralph" and the newly crowned "best leftie in werribee" for their efforts, someone had to carry us, and they did it so well.

also big congrats to our girls for sealing the deal, as you readers all know womens bowling does absolutely nothing to arouse the spirit of yours truly, but its good for the centre to know we won all over the park. the new girls on the block did really well, which is good to see for now and in the future.

as for the pre day odds, i spent an hour doing them saturday morning, went to post and the site was down, and be buggered if i was spending another hour remembering the crap i dribbled word for word as well as typing it all out again, so next odds will be before the "BIG ONE"

funniest thing i saw all day was the guy from ballarat who opened up with a 7 bagger against us, first 4 flush brooklyn, the next 3 light brooklyn and then got up in the 8th and hit the 7 pin, for a count of x x x x x x x 13 x....... whatever, he bowled 213

quote of the day, by me, "rules are just minor obstacles"

effort of the day, king ralph for throwing over the card

poor showing of the day, me, rocket and griffo, disappearing during the ladies last game for a nice coldie and strategically arriving back with 1 ball to be bowled, just goes to prove "timings everything"

p.s adam, porto "captain columbia" or "the hand" threw under the card, don't talk him up, we will never hear the end of it

and i will end this nice piece of journalism with a "word of advice"

the black book, is full of names, of potential victims and square ups, i look forward to ironing out a few hurdles i have hit in the past, i won't throw badly twice

great equalliser :confused: , yeah i dated a few of them before, at least i didn't have to chew my arm off the next day to avoid waking them up

craig said:
gees my boys handled it well, in the end, if you could throw over the heads you scored, we were lucky we had 2 guys that could, as for the rest of us, we may have struggled, but no one spat it, chucked it in or anything that ressembled a poor show of teamsmanship, that will hold us in good stead for november, my hat off to "king ralph" and the newly crowned "best leftie in werribee" for their efforts, someone had to carry us, and they did it so well.

Nice post, summed it up well....just wanted to pick this part out though, thought the teamsmanship, and everyones acceptance that it wasnt a piehouse, and you werent going to just score...was excellent. Majority of bowlers just took it on the chin and tried to do something about it instead of moaning that it wasnt happening for them.

The way that people were getting pumped over just throwing strikes put some perspective back in the game for me. There was no ridiculous 1140 team scores or 250-270 games shot left right and centre. Every strike really meant something, it was an effort to just get one, let alone 3 or 4 (Courtney had 7 at one stage, most of the centre went to look, even tho she had an open frame before it). It wasnt just "hohum, another 6 bagger, when does this get any tougher". I enjoyed that personally....not everyone will but i did.

Great day yesterday at Bendigo, with a few bowlers having a bit of trouble. Good to see Craig got the odds right with Bendigo Men coming through to beat a fast finishing Sunraysia with Shepparton coming in third.

I will not be letting Kevin forget his loss against a certain Bendigo bowler. I'm smiling just thinking about it.

Looking forward to the final. We have still got a bit of improving to do, but as we have all seen, it may all change on the day.

craig said:
funniest thing i saw all day was the guy from ballarat who opened up with a 7 bagger against us, first 4 flush brooklyn, the next 3 light brooklyn and then got up in the 8th and hit the 7 pin, for a count of x x x x x x x 13 x....... whatever, he bowled 213
I must admit i also saw that. Werribee / Ballarat were on the pair next to us and i glanced across and was absolutely gob smacked as to how on earth that could possibly happen - i can understand the 13 -- it is the 7 in a row i couldn't work out! The most i could get was 3!
There was one high game though - 265 from Warrnambool. It put one of our bowlers into the 100 club.

craig said:
funniest thing i saw all day was the guy from ballarat who opened up with a 7 bagger against us, first 4 flush brooklyn, the next 3 light brooklyn

Someone must have been at Morwell Practicing ;)

Nah I only save those ones for you Craig

Hey WheelBarrow

Thanks Dave for reminding me,surely there were better highlights than that,(I can only hope....lol)

I have to add your couple of pin win against your "Best Mate" and lead off for us was something I'm sure he'll remember as we will :-({|=

A couple of Highlights I remember

The 4 yrs old boy who came round the back then unto the approach and ran in front of us on Lane 16 right the way back to his parents (who's parents were bowling on lane 1) Bobby Hinton had to stop mid stride to avoid something nasty, we all cheered the young fella back to lane 1 poor kid must have liked it yo and behold 2 mins later he did the same bloody thing again I think his parents went to sleep !!!......Bobby wasnt smiling the 2nd time though

Murray From Mildura's 3 pocket 7 10's the boy doesnt smile alot at the best of times but his demeaner looked alot worse by the end,but he did crack a small smile as we were leaving

Rowie Vs Bobby Hinton,you have never seen such theatrics on a pair of lanes it was great to watch to veterans giving there all and letting everyone around know they were doing so at one stange bobby wound up so much I thought he was going to take off and at the end there was big smiles all round you know I reckon it was the most fun these 2 have had in ages

Overall a great day was had by all ,we may not have punched the big numbers but we certainly had fun, its good to see the young centres in Echuca and Horsham being involved and hopefully in time to come they will both develop a big strong bowler base (although after the weekend I have come to the conclusion that Horsham doe'snt have a problem looking for big bowlers there was some big boys in there team......They Made Woza look small...lol)

And Dave I hope I will get to Try and redeem my self at Country Cup 2006 in fact I've started the planning for the rematch already [-o<

Cheerz
Kevin

gees kev

by passing the state final and going straight to country cup, i bet mr farq is very happy to here this

murray 3 7-10's, the best thing about murrays ball hitting the pins is it always looks as though its in slow motion. sometimes i have noticed the sweep actually hits the ball off the pindeck due to the pins having a win

horsham women got pipped with a late withdrawal from jules, gees that cost em anywhere from 6 -10 points, i'll remember that next year with the odds

sunraysia thru without the rooboy, last year they didn't make it, are they better off??? the numbers seem to say so

now back to my zone, yes 265 by a full roller, and didn't the colac full roller brigade reek havoc thru everyone early on sunday, shame about the afternoon oil different story when that went down

Ah you see Craig,Emerson Final is at Mentone and a win there would be sweet,but Country Cup Is at Bendigo and win there would be much sweeter I'd also say a lot blooder hard to but I'II run with it

Tell you what I'm glad I did'nt make any bets I'd be paying out left right and center....lol

Cheerz
Kevin

craig said:
and didn't the colac full roller brigade reek havoc thru everyone early on sunday, shame about the afternoon oil different story when that went down
Not quite sure why you feel you need to have a dig at us - we didn't come into the zone final making any big predictions. We were just trying to get to the final. We all bowl full rollers because there has not been any other shot in Colac. The only guy who bowls semi-roller is Merv and he usually bowls a full roller in Colac.
Our team average was 177 in the morning and 175 in the afternoon so i would say we were pretty steady. It was more a case of other teams improving with the oil rather than us going backwards because of it.
Werribee 174 morning, 187 afternoon
Geelong 163 and 172
W/Bool 154 and 170
Ballarat 148 (153 if you include the vacancy) and 162
Either way we were still top 3 morning and top 3 afternoon.
Maybe it was also a case of others taking longer to adjust to the lanes esp. those coming off synthetics.

I thought more would have chided craig for the loss of his bet !!!

I guess we are all waiting for the Final when he makes his presentation,that'll be a video moment for sure......might have to invite the Channel 9 News ah bugger it lets get ESPN and we'll go global.....lol

Cheerz
Kevin

Hey C

Bloody 7's Again :mad: its becoming habit forming

Say hello to "Bob" for me........ :wink: :oops:

Cheerz
Kevin

Assassin_300 said:
I thought more would have chided craig for the loss of his bet !!!

Nah...it was tough to score...no real disgrace to lose that one. Given the conditions that were served up. I probably should have given him 30 pins in ;)

yeah its like me putting melton in at even money when i really know they are a 15/1 chance

nothing wrong with having a crack, i get my fair share back and always with a smile on the dial

ok nearly always

#7 hey, yeah i know alot of full rollers that can't carry the #7

Congratulations to the men and women of the Werribbe team on getting past Melton , well done to the first time bowlers. Not too long now until the other women start looking over their shoulders as our women strut their stuff , dont want to scare any teams away , multiple ALLSTARS and some new bowlers to take the next step. They know what it feels like to win and want it again , good luck too all .

P.S : Thanks for drilling the Backyard Bully Craig it goes off its head.

You smart ass kev, its Miss Bob 2 u lmao... I didnt see your other half's head on the way 2 bendigo hahaha

Back
Top Bottom