COUNTRY CUP 2010

Would you like to see a Hall of Fame and Dinner presentaion on Monday Night

• Total voters
ok, I will be stupid enough to ask. wtf is LGBT?

I'll save you the trouble of Googling LGBT. It stands for Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, and Transgender. Odd are pretty good that at least three of those categories will be represented in this years' Country Cup.

isn't it great that all humans can be teammates in spite of any differences..that's what make this game special.

Why Rob..why?

Below is why........

I'll save you the trouble of Googling LGBT. It stands for Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, and Transgender. Odd are pretty good that at least three of those categories will be represented in this years' Country Cup.

isn't it great that all humans can be teammates in spite of any differences..that's what make this game special.

You think I would actually bother to google something you put in here? One of us takes a bit more notice than the other of what you post.

As for the rest of your little comment......no comment needed.

I find the best way is to ignore them, especially since all they are trying to do is get attention.
Intrest will eventually be lost and everyone can move on with their lives.

Little Petey, very mature of you. Kevvy must have the whip out early this year:D

Rob

OOPS......maybe should not have used "whip", might be misconstrued.:p

You guys have some little clique going there don't you.

Woza, LikwidGreen and GoTheCell can make joking comments about some of the bowlers being pillow biters, yet when I suggest that in keeping with the laws of averages, that there might more than a couple alternative lifestyles represented among the 100+ Country Cup bowlers you all gang up on me and treat me like I'm Harry Connick Jr.

I suppose you all thought the "Red Faces" Jackson Jive skit was in good taste too.

Woza, LikwidGreen and GoTheCell can make joking comments about some of the bowlers being pillow biters, yet when I suggest that in keeping with the laws of averages, that there might more than a couple alternative lifestyles represented among the 100+ Country Cup bowlers you all gang up on me and treat me like I'm Harry Connick Jr.

I suppose you all thought the "Red Faces" Jackson Jive skit was in good taste too.

Mates, not a clique.

The pillow biter in question is not gay as you assumed.

Harry Connick Jr. can sing.

And the Red Faces skit was good 20 years ago dont know about this time around did not watch it.

Rob

I think this thread should be called the Ignore Wchester Thread :p

Goes without saying some people just dont have a sense of humour but then again if you are that good (and we all know how good because you have told us on more than one occasion) then you dont need one

It's the rest of you who don't have a sense of humour. I know a joke when I hear or see one. Or am I not allowed to make light of a situation simply because I'm not a "mate" as Rob put it.

And Rob..I never assumed anyone was gay..just pointing out the statistical probability that says gays, lesbians and bi-sexuals make up at least 3 out of every 100 people..bowlers included. For the record, I have many gay friends (after all I did grow up in San Francisco which has the highest gay population of any major city in the USA. Nothing wrong with living that lifestyle, so don't assume I meant it as an insult.

Funny part about your statement Wayne is your right there we definetly have 3 covered

You guys have some little clique going there don't you

Wayne again it comes back to the respect factor and when I say this what I mean is that most of us have known each other for 15 to 20 years (Chandler and I near on 25) and in that time we have bowled with and against one another we respect each partly because of our achievements but more because we have battled together laughed together and cried together, fighting in the trenches together is not the perfect analogy but its the closest I can think of.......I envy what you have done winning a PBA title is only something I can dream about but winning and being the best is not the respect I'm talking about

I reckon we've been down this road before so I will finish by saying Wayne make your comments but expect some to ignore and some to critersize until the the day you understand and "Earn" your "Clique" status

Kev

Just checking the validity of your comments Kev....would hate you to make some dumba$$ comment about something you have no idea about....;)

Apart from thinking it was funny at Albury I can't think of a single time I have mentioned the pillow Wayne. As for our "little clique", it seems most country cup bowlers are in it so not so little after all.

Kev, I couldn't agree more with the "understand" bit of your statement.

And to finish with a bit of friendly sledging.....Paige, the Shepp men probably have the 3 covered :)

It's the rest of you who don't have a sense of humour. I know a joke when I hear or see one.It is the same old story Wayne, Americans have a different sense of humour to Australians. Or am I not allowed to make light of a situation simply because I'm not a "mate" as Rob put it.You can make light of anything you like but you must also expect reprisal for some of your comments

And Rob..I never assumed anyone was gay..I think you might have or you would not have posted it. I did not notice the post in which you stated that Rachuig should have had LGTB associated with it because statistically they have more participants than Country Cup:confused:just pointing out the statistical probability that says gays, lesbians and bi-sexuals make up at least 3 out of every 100 people..bowlers included. For the record, I have many gay friends (after all I did grow up in San Francisco which has the highest gay population of any major city in the USA. Nothing wrong with living that lifestyletotally agree, so don't assume I meant it as an insult.Maybe if "LGBT" was involed with the name of the tournament, someone would assume that the majority of participants would be that way inclined, not just your statistical 3%.

The point was, assumedly, why would we change the name of the tournament because of a possible minority lifestyle group participating.

I did not find it worth a giggle, as others obviously did not, once again showing the difference between our appearant sense of humours.

Cheers
Rob

ya right Rob he had a 179 ave, conditions were different in the second trial so suited some more than others :rolleyes:

Kev
Seems a consistant theme with CC trials this year! 211+ Sat > 177 Sun! And was not on my own.

Hi there,

looks like we had better start looking for somewhere for Monday night dinner,
even if its just for the Latrobe and Sunraysia teams :p
Hi Lisa, Looking it up now.:D

I think there should be a name change to the event. let's call it the LGBT Country Cup
Yes....... LETS GET BLIND TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most wearing pink shirts!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the rest of you who don't have a sense of humour. I know a joke when I hear or see one. Or am I not allowed to make light of a situation simply because I'm not a "mate" as Rob put it.

So sorry Wayne you do have a sense of humour its the other 100 of us that get on this thread that dont :confused:

The reason that you are not classed as a "mate" is that you come onto this thread telling us how inferior we are as bowlers whilst preaching the Chester Gospel about how great you once were and how we do not take the game seriously but you have so far avoided all open invitations to come along and see for yourself what the event is all about. Making negative comments on an event where you dont know 7/8 of the bowlers nor how the event is conducted or in the spirit that it is played is a sure way not to earn that "mate" badge that you so desperatly desire.

Take the time to come up to Mildura next year and take the time to meet some of the people from this thread cause I believe that there are other chapters of the Chester Gospel that people would genuinely want to hear. You have a wealth of bowling knowledge and experience that people would listen to if you were prepared to pass it on

Seems a consistant theme with CC trials this year! 211+ Sat > 177 Sun! And was not on my own.

Thats cause your soft - sundays conditions were easy;)
Even with a 68 in the last game I still ave higher than you on Sunday

Back
Top Bottom