COUNTRY CUP 2010

Would you like to see a Hall of Fame and Dinner presentaion on Monday Night

• Total voters
you were 14 points behind 1st

there was only one flynn, the better one had a weekend off, or it would have been a 20+ point loss

you averaged 190

now lets subtract the 300 game out of the equation

you now average 183

on average you are always roughly 15-20 pins off making all stars.

hence why i refer to my previous statement, that you are never an issue, when it comes to strategy, cause your just a mid range player

now in your reply, don't take too long, because i don't wanna be the reason you'll be late for happy hour at the local :drunk:

YESTERDAYS HERO

Ah but that is not what my goal is, unlike others, to win points is the name of the game. Its Ok YESTERDAYS NOBODY, I thought the thereapy sesions were working but it seems the hurt is still buried there somewhere, you know, that a mid ranger like me has two medals to a champ like you who has none, its Ok, let it out, let it out. You will feel much better.....:console: (Your good at this game arent you!;))

Ah but that is not what my goal is, unlike others, to win points is the name of the game. Its Ok YESTERDAYS NOBODY, I thought the thereapy sesions were working but it seems the hurt is still buried there somewhere, you know, that a mid ranger like me has two medals to a champ like you who has none, its Ok, let it out, let it out. You will feel much better.....:console: (Your good at this game arent you!;))

awesome, i love getting admissions, see i knew you had it in you, to admit you are just an average player :D its what i have been saying the whole time, you can ice it with whatever success you like, we know what you've done, just airing the facts of what you haven't done too

hamma, its time to confess, tell everyone, you have a fear of shooting spares, cause i want everyone to watch you shake, like i do, when you have to shoot one

Having an audition tommorow with Shepps #1 Gun;)

Audition went well - slotted right into #1 spot - and the king - well he did drop himself back down the order 2 spots to #3

2 revs at #1 and 3 revs at #3 we were on fire;)

Speakin of trash talkin - funniest thing from the weekend was Kev getting trashed talked by a 3 year old - I was so proud of my little girl;)

Good News

State meeting yesterday - Looks like Hall of Fame and Legends will be up and running for next years CCUp. Some minor changes to the original proposal and it has to be re-submitted as a notice of motion for the AGM but looks like it should be up and running by next year

Good News

State meeting yesterday - Looks like Hall of Fame and Legends will be up and running for next years CCUp. Some minor changes to the original proposal and it has to be re-submitted as a notice of motion for the AGM but looks like it should be up and running by next year

awesome news :D

Good to see the Hall of Fame thing going ahead.

Will be interesting to see what criteria they set so we don't have grey areas.

Good to see the Hall of Fame thing going ahead.

Will be interesting to see what criteria they set so we don't have grey areas.

No grey area's at all as the original proposal came from a bunch of influential and knowledgable bowlers!!!!!!!! Submited and then sugestions made for the resubmit which are very good ideas, and in fairness are all relative points.
Being done as we speak.

I think one of the suggestions for change was around number of games.

The proposal for hall of fame was 10 cups and minimum 150 games plus twice in the top 10 averages. The comment was made that in some of the early years the number of games was low - 1981 - 7 games maximum, 1982 - 14 games maximum, 1983 & 1984 - 16 games maximum. Therefore if you had bowled every game in the first 10 years you would have still only bowled a total of 157.

I think they are going to change it to a percentage of available games rather than straight out 150 games (eg 2/3rds or 3/4ths etc).

I am guessing this only applies to bowlers that have more than 10 cups but less than 150 games. I don't think they are saying that someone who has 19 cups and 250 games still needs 2/3rds or 3/4ths etc but i am not sure.

Not sure what other changes were suggested

I think it is a valid argument - my only concern is the more rules and sub rules etc that are made the less clear the qualification criteria becomes. IMHO though this change is a good suggestion.

I think one of the suggestions for change was around number of games.

The proposal for hall of fame was 10 cups and minimum 150 games plus twice in the top 10 averages. The comment was made that in some of the early years the number of games was low - 1981 - 7 games maximum, 1982 - 14 games maximum, 1983 & 1984 - 16 games maximum. Therefore if you had bowled every game in the first 10 years you would have still only bowled a total of 157.

I think they are going to change it to a percentage of available games rather than straight out 150 games (eg 2/3rds or 3/4ths etc).

I am guessing this only applies to bowlers that have more than 10 cups but less than 150 games. I don't think they are saying that someone who has 19 cups and 250 games still needs 2/3rds or 3/4ths etc but i am not sure.

Not sure what other changes were suggested

I think it is a valid argument - my only concern is the more rules and sub rules etc that are made the less clear the qualification criteria becomes. IMHO though this change is a good suggestion.

Correct only change to come out of the meeting from the original proposal was the number of games - it will now read 2/3 of available games of CCups bowled - some people bowled when there was only 10 association 1 round etc so everyones minimum games could be different (ie if you bowled 10 years when there were only 10 associations then there was only 18 games available 2/3 is 12 so the minimum number of games required is 120)
All other criteria is as per original

PS - Gary check your email - I sent you through some stuff

Great Hall of Fame will make Country Cup an even BETTER EVENT......

No grey Areas then everyone knows where they stand (on there feet usually LOL)

Looks like MILDURA would win the BS Dribbling Awards ON TB this year LOL

is there a limit on how many get inducted each year???

theres at least 18 men that meet the criteria and 15 for the ladies

and alot that are knocking on the door, for meeting the criteria

also was it looked into for an administrators criteria? as there have been many people involved with country cup, that have either have never bowled a ball, or very few to say the least, but have played a pivotal role in representing their team, year after year

is there a limit on how many get inducted each year???

theres at least 18 men that meet the criteria and 15 for the ladies

and alot that are knocking on the door, for meeting the criteria

IMO if there are that many people eligible for the Hall of Fame then the criteria isn't hard enough so to speak. If the tournament has been running for 25 odd years you shouldn't necessarily induct one person per year of the tournament.

And at the AGM the administration area was discussed. Which was not a part of the original proposal. So I hope this is looked into further before the final decision is made.

oh its hard enough, when people like anthony flynn, jason way, harry johanssen and len hogg don't fit the criteria

the 33 people i have counted are more than deserving of this honor, but i wouldn't want to see the honor lessened in any way, by mass inductions

its a fine line between how many to induct in one hit (without tarnishing the induction) and making sure everyone who is eligible actually lives to recieve their award

maybe 2 men and 2 ladies plus 1 man and lady from the host association each year, which works well for every year except the year its at wodonga and taper it off when the list goes below 10 inductees to 2 a year, 1 man and 1 lady

Back
Top Bottom