COUNTRY CUP 2010

Would you like to see a Hall of Fame and Dinner presentaion on Monday Night

• Total voters
We ran a v-bookie last year for CC. I had a look and found the odds etc that were used for men's/women's but I can't find overall.

What changes we need to make to these odds? I'll do the v-bookie event once we work out what they shoudl be.

Men
Shepparton 250/100 F
Colac 3/1
Albury 4/1
Latrobe Valley 5/1
Sunraysia 6/1
Bendigo 6/1
Geelong 10/1
Warrnambool 15/1
Ballarat 25/1
Wodonga 25/1

Women
Bendigo 250/100 F
Sunraysia 4/1
Shepparton 5/1
Latrobe Valley 7/1
Albury 7/1
Warrnambool 8/1
Colac 8/1
Geelong 15/1
Ballarat 25/1
Wodonga 40/1

I would have thought last years odds would be totally different to this year. Different bowlers playing, different centre and different surface. I would be inclined to start with a fresh slate rather than tinker with last years numbers.

ok, new slate. Any suggestions on odds?

Men
Shepparton
Colac
Albury
Latrobe Valley
Sunraysia
Bendigo
Geelong
Warrnambool
Ballarat
Wodonga

Women
Bendigo
Sunraysia
Shepparton
Latrobe Valley
Albury
Warrnambool
Colac
Geelong
Ballarat
Wodonga

Lisa,

Albury is staying the Monday night.....and I know I'll be at the dinner!! If Kathy hasn't let you know I'll check on the weekend.

Alright Guys I've Done my Best Apologies to the girls I have very little knowledge there and think Someone from the girls side should give there odds

Country Cup Mens Odds 2010

Mildura 3/1
Home Teams dont always win I think this could be different,the pain of 2008 will be a good motivator,Rob will have had them on the pattern learning everymove at every stage,the question is will they work together as a team unit or just want to get pissed everynight if the Wombats Knee holds up expect them to be up there if not presence alone wont be enough

Geelong 3/1
Alot depends on what Rob puts down they love volume,although of late they have had to learn to adapt to the drier creek bed,the mix of old and young is there greatest advantage and seeing these guys at emerson they work well together,Gordy wants to win one with the kid before he officially goes to the oldies ,his will could get them over A big heart can achieve miracles

Shepparton 5/1
Our Advantage is depth our 7 can all ave over the card the question is can we all do it together,2nd last year and few home truths were told,have we learnt from those only time will tell,

Latrobe Valley 8/1
Any team with Woza in it is dangerous,the big fella's presence alone wins them an extra point each round and having Bryce there also makes a dam good motivator to win the mens division should make for interesting watching when they play Geelong,they to have been playing on synthetic for awhile now are they used to it yet or will the pattern..cough cough they use down there go against them

Colac 10/1
Experience counts for alot in this game and no team has more experience than colac even with the young fellas floating about there's still 3 million games woth of experience Merve will be over the card with his eye's closed and a broken leg,I think conditions will be against them, no matter what you do to wood lanes they do not play like synthetic the question is will the experience help them adapt quick enough

Albury 10/1
Do they have the depth ?,they have the master and a young master in the making but theres alot of variables in between again conditions may go against them Guaranteed they will rattle a few chains....Hopefully they all get excited at the same time its sometrhing I have never seen before :D

Warnambool 12/1
Starting Over down there an exceptionally group of young guys that in years to come will dominate this event if they can stay together,Griffo will have angry eyes going all weekend scaring some young first timer your an evil man Griffo ;),what these guys lack in experience they will make up for in exhuberance

Bendigo 14/1
Again here a few team changes the ever resolute Farqy will be there leading from the front as always ...(to the bar :p) will be competitive but unless they hit a condition they like they could be left wanting ,there young lefty could be a suprise

Ballarat 25/1
Great to see Woody back Will lead the team well,with Daniel and Pete they will give some of the more fancied teams a run and will definetly win the "Who Has The Weirdest HAircut Award"

Wodonga 40/1
I have very little on Wodonga so my synopsis
Alway Turn up and give there all,there previous conditions made it difficult for them to perform well away, synthetics down and hopefully a reasonable pattern will give them confidence to perform on the bigger stage,certainly have some talent there they just need the right person and condition to bring it out

So there we have it some will agree some will disagree feel free to critisize ,But remember its only a little fun and is only my opinion

Cheerz
Kev

interesting thoughts Kev...

anyone else want to give some insight or do we listen to someone from Shep and use his odds?

It is only v-bookie and a bit of fun so we can change the odds as we get closer if we have to.

Mildura 3/1
Home Teams dont always win I think this could be different,the pain of 2008 will be a good motivator,Rob will have had them on the pattern learning everymove at every stage,the question is will they work together as a team unit or just want to get pissed everynight if the Wombats Knee holds up expect them to be up there if not presence alone wont be enough

It is amazing how the actions of 1 or 2 people gets glued to the back of the whole team.:mad:

The pattern will not be as tough as you may think this year:cool:

Rob

PS....and before you type anything Wayne, I'm not interested or listening

I was going to put down my own odds before Kev volunteered.

I reckon he is pretty much on the money except i would go shorter with the odds. In a "10 horse" field the favourite should probably be shorter than 3/1.

The list i came up with was

6/4 - Sunraysia - if they can't win this year at home - they never will!

2/1 - Geelong and Shepparton

5/1 - Albury/Wodonga and Warrnambool

8/1 - Latrobe Valley

15/1 - Bendigo

25/1 - Ballarat

40/1 - Wodonga

Remember this is odds for winning not a finishing order - and just because Wodonga is 40/1 does not mean i think they will come last - i just think it is unlikely they will win (I actually think they have shown a lot of improvement in the last couple of years)

(Also left out Colac because i find it hard to be objective with my own team)

Also for equality - here are my odds for the ladies

Evens - Sunraysia
3/1 - Shepparton
5/1 - Geelong
7/1 - Warrnambool
10/1 - Latrobe Valley
15/1 - Albury/Wodonga, Ballarat & Bendigo
50/1 - Wodonga

OK, so reading into all that:

Mens
2/1 Sunraysia
3/1 Geelong and Shepparton
5/1 Albury, Latrobe, Warrnambool and Colac
15/1 Bendigo
25/1 Ballarat
40/1 Wodonga

Womens
1/1 Sunraysia
3/1 Shepparton
5/1 Geelong
7/1 Warrnambool, Colac
10/1 Latrobe
15/1 Albury, Bendigo, Ballarat
50/1 Wodonga

Overall
3/2 Sunraysia
3/1 Shepparton
4/1 Geelong
6/1 Warrnambool, Colac
7/1 Latrobe
9/1 Albury
15/1 Bendigo
20/1 Ballarat
50/1 Wodonga

Any disputes before I create it?

Thats good to hear Wayne. The odds are very interesting. I think it will be closer than everyone thinks it will be. Still think though that we will win.

Deano

Back
Top Bottom