Country Cup 2007 - Sale

Had a bit of a roll on the track today. I will never say a bad word about Colac again.

Just as well the odds on favourites (The Bye) have been removed from the comptetion. They would have won by a further margin than Geeloong did at Geelong.

I tell you one thing though it was f*****n hot. Only 20 degrees outside but about 36 inside and this was mid morning wait until you get abit of a crowd in there and a hot day.

Anyway only four weekends to go. (Sale must know somthing though where else can you find a finger tipped house ball on the racks)

Two questions Woza -- how'd you go.... and what has happened with the bye -- "been removed" -- so are we now not bowling it?

Two questions Woza -- how'd you go.... and what has happened with the bye -- "been removed" -- so are we now not bowling it?
question 1 - Ok but it will take alot of getting used to even for us that bowl at Morwell;) - the heat in the palce will be the killer - apparently going to be fixed before CCup.
Question 2 - At the Country Association AGM centres with 14 lanes or less will not bowl the bye so that there are practice lanes available

...one thing though it was f*****n hot. Only 20 degrees outside but about 36 inside and this was mid morning wait until you get abit of a crowd in there and a hot day...

Last time CC was in Sale, it was like being in a dog box.

so in a nutshell, something that was an issue in 96 is still an issue in 2007.

i remember last country cup there, they opened the side door on the monday the place went from 40 degrees inside to 50.

given the information provided, i think we can ultimately name this country cup...............

THE SAUNA in SALE

colac could be firming into favouritism here, without the amount of fluids that will need to be consumed over the weekend, nobody consumes more fluids and still performs as well as colac does.

MORWELL 3/1
SHEPPARTON 3/1
COLAC 4/1
BENDIGO 8/1
WARRNAMBOOL 10/1
SALE 25/1

ALBURY 49/1

EVERYONE ELSE 100/1

And how are we all going 4 weeks out from the big event?
Some of us have been seen practising on wooden lanes an hour or so from where we live......

Colac lanes have proven to be quite popular - pity that Sale will be totally different..

Craig, Morwell equal favourites you must be joking......Shepparton would have to be the hottest fav's since Werribee lost Emerson Shield at Mentone:rolleyes:

Joe I reckon The Melbourne Pollution been drifting across your way and you have been taking deep breaths of it :crazyeye:

Hot is going to be a good description of all teams when bowling in Sale

hey joe

3 hours later, and i still reckon you be smirking about that remark.

couldn't write shepparton in to odds on, due to poor selection choices, not as strong as they normally are.

Useful fact for the day

Only 14 bowlers (Men) that bowled in Sale in 96 will be returning in 2007

5 from Colac (doubt that will surprise anyone)
3 from Latrobe Valley
2 from Albury
and 1 each from Bendigo, Geelong, Sunraysia and Shepparton

High Average in 96 was 200.75.
High Team Game - 1070
High Individual game - 264
(Men's high game was 256 -- one of only 3 times that the Ladies high game has been tournament high game.)

Craig, Morwell equal favourites you must be joking......Shepparton would have to be the hottest fav's since Werribee lost Emerson Shield at Mentone:rolleyes:
How quickly we forget;) - We are talking about representing the association not the bowling alley - Chalk and cheese

hey joe
3 hours later, and i still reckon you be smirking about that remark.
couldn't write shepparton in to odds on, due to poor selection choices, not as strong as they normally are.
No. 1 Allstar - 400kms away from the action that weekend;)

Well if Shepp reckon they should not be fav's and Morwell just are not that good that leaves good old "Colac" as the team to beat.:confused: Seems Sale could be toooooooooooo Hot for a lot of teams:p

Well if Shepp reckon they should not be fav's and Morwell just are not that good that leaves good old "Colac" as the team to beat.:confused: Seems Sale could be toooooooooooo Hot for a lot of teams:p
Enough of the "OLD" thanks Joe - three of us are under 55!!

Ovens & Murray Country Cup Teams:
Womens:
Michelle Roberson
Pam Stagg
Judy Green
Sheila Joss
Naomi Hillas
Bev Hill
Marie Baker
Mens:
Stephen McCabe
Steve Hyde
Troy Eade
Graeme Green
Peter Dedourek
Simon Keeffe
Ray McCabe
Yours in Tenpin
Gayle Elton
Centre Manager

Yes but it is the odies who keep coming thru on top & Merv's a good example.
What odds Craig on Shepp and Colac 1 & 2:rolleyes:

Its ironic that Morwell is just not that good as you could not get pass them to make the Emerson final last year - As a matter of fact you couldnt even make the top three:confused:
You shouldnt live in a glass house if you are a rock thrower;)

Back
Top Bottom