What does this mean??

Wayne,

I dont think they are looking for people that want change on the board. It's been pretty obvious for a number of years they are looking for people that will tow the line & do what they are told. (BAAAAH)

The only problem with continuing to bash you head against a brick wall is you end up with a big ****ing headache.

:):):):)

I agree with Buzzer.

Chin ... I was just wondering if you had a chance to check the resumes of both candidates before you posted?

Wayne ... I've read both resumes twice now and I don't see where you are clearly the only qualified candidate between the two.

Quite frankly I expect changes to take alot longer than the 16 weeks the new CEO has had the job and I thought I had seen changes in that time anyway.

If the 'dues paying member' wants to know what's going on behind the scenes they can ring the CEO like many others have done.

Dozza ;)

I agree with Buzzer.
Chin ... I was just wondering if you had a chance to check the resumes of both candidates before you posted?
Wayne ... I've read both resumes twice now and I don't see where you are clearly the only qualified candidate between the two.
Quite frankly I expect changes to take alot longer than the 16 weeks the new CEO has had the job and I thought I had seen changes in that time anyway.
If the 'dues paying member' wants to know what's going on behind the scenes they can ring the CEO like many others have done.
Dozza ;)

I think there has been a need for change for a lot longer than 16 weeks. Yes, A new CEO is 1 of them.

Why would I waste my time reading the resume's. Of no interest if Im not voting for 1 of the candidte's. Last time I checked the PAYING MEMBERS didnt have the right to vote (I might be wrong) the people in that will move this sport foward or flush it further down the toilet.

Over the last 30 years at both State & National level there have been people that have done anything to remain in power. Mostly for there own cling to power & not for the improvement of the sport. Has also been a jobs for boys mentality at both levels, if you dont crawl up the right ***** or bend over for the right people you dont have a show of getting on the various boards. They dont want people with opinions, they want people that will tow the line and people that will do what they are told.

Just because people get voted onto the board doesnt mean there the right person for the job. They still need to prove they are the right person for the job.

I think there has been a need for changes for a lot longer than 16 weeks. Yes, A new CEO is 1 of them.
Why would I waste my time reading the resume's. Of no interest if Im not voting for 1 of the candidte's. Last time I checked the PAYING MEMBERS didnt have the right to vote (I might be wrong) the people in that will move this sport foward or flush it further down the toilet.
Over the last 30 years at both State & National level there have been people that have done anything to remain in power. Mostly for there own cling to power & not for the improvement of the sport. Has also been a jobs for boys mentality at both levels, if you dont crawl up the right ***** or bend over for the right people you dont have a show of getting on the various boards. They dont want people with opinions, they want people that will tow the line and people that will do what they are told.
How true.:(

ALL paying members of TBA should get to vote - otherwise the state "reps" will continue to push their own barrows which are decidedly different to the views expressed on these forums.

You know, we had the opposite problem here in the ACT - I went to our xAGM a few weeks ago and ended up in a position. I think of the 8 or so positions we have, there were only two nominations submitted - both of which got where they wanted, and the rest was nominated off the floor.

I used to be under the impression that the local "boys club" had their monopoly so they could do it the way they wanted - turns out that it was largely the other way around, they were the only ones prepared to deal with the crap and do the jobs. I'm not saying it's this way everywhere, my point is that it isn't always how it looks from outside.

Back
Top Bottom