QLD Rachuig Roll dates officially announced!

Andrew

These were not TBA Announcements, it was merely information passed onto me by a staff member of TBA which was advised on good faith to be correct.

I decided it was the correct thing to do to advise everyone that this was the case with regards to the Rachuig Rolloffs so that bowlers, should they wish to rolloff, knew all of the relevant rolloff information.

I'm just wondering with 3 weeks to go if bowlers were to be made aware that the rules had changed or whether this information was going to be passed on at all ?

UPDATE.........
THE FAIRDINKUM RACHUIG TRIALS.

HAVING ONLY BEEN OPENED JUST A FEW DAYS, THE NEW MUTTABURRA BOWL HAS ALREADY COME UNDER SOME SCRUTINY OF THE LANE CONDITIONS.

NEW HEAD TECH DAVE BARF........WE WILL ALL REMEMBER DAVE AS THE FIRST BOWLER TO SPARE THE 7-10 SPLIT IN ANGOLA-AFRICA 7 YEARS AGO......
IN DAVES OPINION THEY ARE NOT TRUE "PETRIFIED DINGO DROPPING" LANES AT ALL, BUT A CHEAP IMITATION, PROBABLY MORE LIKE A "BAT POOH" SURFACE,
HE DISCOVERED THIS JUST BEFORE HIS FIRST OILING SESSION LAST MONDAY WHEN HE CLUMSILY DROPPED HIS CHUPPA-CHUP ONTO LANE 2 AND INSTANTLY NOTICED A DRAMATIC VARIATION IN TASTE.

NOT THAT ALL THIS REALLY MATTERS, FOR THE LANES HAVE BEEN ALREADY SANCTIONED FOR THE EVENT AND WILL NOT BE CHANGED.
I SUGGEST ALL BOWLERS PREPARING THEIR EQUIPMENT FOR THIS EVENT GIVE DAVE A CALL FOR HIS EXPERT ADVISE.

NEWS ON HORN ISLAND CHAMPION BOWLER WILEY NUDGER HAS EMERGED...LAST UPDATE REPORTED THAT WILEY HAD FAILED TO REPORT IN AT THE WEIPA HOTEL........OUR PAPUA NEW GUINEA CORRESPONDANT NUDY BIMBA HAS HEARD THAT WILEY RAN OFF COURSE OUT FROM THURSAY ISLAND WHEN THE SAME STORM THAT TOOK OUT WOLLOGORANG BOWL TOOK HIS CANOE WAY OUT TO SEA AND WASHED HIM ASHORE ON AN UNCHARTED BEACH NEAR OKERABA...... LOCALS SAY HE MAY HAVE BEEN TAKEN BY WILD NATIVES AND PLACED IN A HUGE POT WITH VEGGIES......BUT LETS NOT GET CARRIED AWAY HERE.....TREV REPORTS ON FACTS AND WILL NOT INDULGE IN RUMOURS.

RULES AND REGULATIONS HAVE CHANGED OVER THE LAST FEW DAYS......
RULES 77U AND 77i HAVED BE RUBBED OUT COS THE RULING ON RULES 77F AND 77G RULED THAT THE RULES OF 77H AND 77 J WHERE IN CONFLICT WITH RULES 77M AND 77K....... I ASKED WHETHER THIS WAS IN THE BEST INTEREST OF ALL BOWLERS......THE ONLY ANSWER I GOT WAS TO LOOK AT RULES 77P AND 77Q.............WE,VE NOT HEARD THE LAST OF THIS ONE.

THE ASSOCIATION HAS HAD A HUGE RESPONSE TO THESE TRIALS AND IS RECEIVING NOMINATIONS BY THE DOZENS EVERYDAY,
THE NEWSET ENTRANT UNKOWN CAMOOWEAL BOWLER INKA WUNGA WILL BOWL HIS FIRST STATE TRIALS.....
INKA HAS JUST RECENTLY MOVED FROM MORNINGTON ISLAND TO IMPROVE HIS BOWLING AND BE MORE COMPETITVE IN THE GAME.....GIVING UP HIS FRUITFUL SECURITY GUARD JOB AND TAKE A POSITION AS PARKING METER ATTENDANT FOR THE LOCAL COUNCIL IN MUTTABURRA........GEEZ IS THIS GUY KEEN, I MEAN NOT ANYONE CAN JUST PICK UP THEIR LIVES AND MOVE TO FULFIL THEIR BOWLING DREAMS...........WE ALL WISH INKA THE VERY BEST.........DONT WE.

IF ANYONE ELSE HEARS OF OTHER GREAT STORIES PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST THEM AND YOUR OPINION.

I WOULD THINK THAT QUEENSLAND RACHUIG HOPEFULS SHOULD BE QUEENSLAND BOWLERS. WITH ALL THE SO-CALLED "TALENT" WITHIN THE STATE THERE SHOULD BE NO NEED TO ACQUIRE BOWLERS FROM OTHER STATES - WHY ARE THEY NOT TRYING OUT FOR THEIR OWN HOME STATES?
AS FOR THE COSTS INVOLVED, I HAVE WATCHED RACHUIG FOR THE PAST TWO YEARS, HELPED OUT WITH FINANCE AND MUCH SUPPORT. NO, IT IS NOT EASY TO RAISE THE FUNDS, ITS A HARD SLOG BUT, IT CAN BE DONE - YOU JUST HAVE TO GO THE EXTRA YARDS - WHY? BECAUSE AFTER ALL IT IS A PRIVILEDGE TO REPRESENT YOUR STATE AND YOU DO IT FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME - NOT THE MONEY - JUST AN OPINION FROM AN EXASPERATED PARENT
icon_wink.gif

to tamerett

the people in question are the walsh's, phil ramsey and emma rutten

why do they want to bowl for queensland

simple "LOGISTICS"

travelling 200km instead of 900km

obviously you would live within 30-45 minutes of each of this years venues, would you be so keen if the trials were in mackay or townsville????

and until last year queensland have never won a rachuig, and yes, there is an abundance of talent in queensland, but why deny, 2 all star reps, and 2 australian reps ??? and did anyone wish they weren't there in canberra last year when you held aloft the trophy???

It seems that everyone that wants to whinge and complain about this one issue in rachuig, never actually try out for it, they are supporters and spectators.

i might change my views if a few state players get up and say that there peers aren't welcome and why???????

No wonder this "sport" goes nowhere.
If people are financial members of a Qld. association,and bowl in a Qld. league,what is your problem?
Have a look at Tournaments in Qld.over the last how many years,and who do you see there,supporting Qld. bowling. The same people,the Walsh family Phil Ramsay,and others from around the Lismore/Ballina area.
Maybe it's only those of us who seldom win any of your money,who are welcome?
I think it is time some of you took a good hard look at yourselves,if you are so anxious to pick the best team,only provided that you can exclude a few people before you start.

THIS IS A LETTER SENT TO ME BY GORDON LITTLE TO ME REGARDING THE RACHUIG NOMINATIONS :

Hi Graham,

There has been healthy debate about the Queensland Rachuig nomination form and the eligibility requirements, both on and off the website.

I have attached a copy of the current TBA Rachuig Rules CLICK HERE FOR RACHUIG RULES as supplied by John Coxon, I would appreciate your posting them on the web site for all to read.

The eligibility questions are dealt with in rules 6 in full and 7(b).

The main sticking point has been the interpretation of the qualifying number of league games and TBAQ has now agreed with TBA to the 24 game minimum.

The reason for it being an issue this year is that it was abused in its intent last year, the mechanism used doesn't matter now but from hearsay, the 24 games were bowled by a group of bowlers in one weekend.

The TBAQ Board is elected by Queensland bowlers to represent them fairly and that is what we have been trying to achieve. As the talk on the web site has shown, there is also good argument from bowlers in the north about their equality of opportunity to qualify for Rachuig, considering the distance and additional expense they have to incur to come south. Probably the best part of the rolloffs for equality of opportunity this year is that it is seven past the post so those who perform on the day are in the team.

The other area of discussion has been defining a distance over the border - traditionally Queensland has always had bowlers from the Tweed/Murwillimbah area meet the requirements and be eligible to roll off for the state team, although always requiring a residency exemption from TBA as per rule 6 (f). Again with the boundaries being pushed last year, the TBAQ Board has acted to try to cover these bowlers who have always been accepted as Quensland bowlers by stating a distance over the border. In reality, TBA can overrule this by granting the residency exemption if all other requirements are met.

We are working with TBA to see if we can better manage this situation for future years as what we have been through could also happen with the ACT and on the NSW/Vic border with Albury/Wodonga, is food for thought as is the reality that we will never please everyone.

You are welcome to publish this note in full in the hope it will explain the rules in full and the reasons behind our actions.

Regards,
Gordon

UPDATE
THE FAIR DINKUM RACHUIG TRIAL

THE Muttaburra United Sanctioned Tenpin Bowling Orginisation Limited ( MUSTBOL ), HAS JUST ANNOUNCED AN EXTRAORDINARY MEETING TO CLEAR UP A FEW MATTERS OF THE RULES AND REGS...........
STEPHAN BLUNT AND ANDERS SKINNY, PRESIDENT AND VICE PRESIDENT OF THE LOCAL ASSOCIATION INVITE ALL ASS PRESIDENTS AND REPS OF ALL CONCERNED ASS'es.

LETTERS HAVE BEEN POSTED TO ALL ASS'es AND "MUSTBOL" ESPECIALLY HOPE THE FOLLOWING ASS'es MAKE THE EFFORT............

Friendly Urban Qld Tenpin........ (FUQT)
Pineapple Inter Suburbs Tenpin.... (PIST)
Wollogorang Artesian Northern Qlanders........(WANQ)
Southern Carpentaria Highland Islanders Tenpin........(SCHIT)

"MUSTBOL" ALSO INFORM US THAT THE NATIONAL CAIN TOAD RACING CHAMPIONSHIPS ARE ON THAT SAME WEEKEND AS THE BOWLING TRIALS AND URGES COMPETITORS FROM BOTH "SPORTS" NOT TO HAVE A REPEAT OF SOME YEARS THAT RESULTED IN SOME PARTICIPANTS BEING BANNED FROM THEIR RESPECTIVE SPORTS FOR 2 YEARS..........YEAH......WHO WAS EVER GUNNA BELIEVE THAT THE SEVEN LEAFED PLANT WAS PART OF THE DINNER SALAD ......

LOCAL PUBLICAN GUNGGY UNGA URGES BOWLERS TO DRINK AT HIS ESTABLISHMENT TRIALS WEEKEND........IT SEEMS THE CAIN TOAD ASSOCIATION HAS CHEAPER DRINKS AVAILABLE.........BUT GUNNGGY HAS ANNOUNCED HE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING GREAT DEALS GOING TO ENCOURAGE US BOWLERS.............
BUY 17 JUGS OF BEER , GET THE 18TH ONE FREE.............
PURCHASE ANY BOTTLE OF SPIRITS FOR 60 BUCKS AND GET A "MUSTBOL" CAP FOR FREE,
FURTHER DEALS WILL BE ANNOUNCED AS TRIALS GET CLOSER.

JAPANESE BACKPACKER KONISHI BITSOCHITTI WILL HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER WEEK FOR THE COMMITTEE TO DECIDE IF HE IS ELIGIBLE TO BOWL THE TRIALS.........
KONISHI HEARD, (WHILST HIKING DOWN THE LANDSBOROUGH HWY NEAR WINTON), THAT THE TRIALS WHERE TO BE HELD AT HIS FAVOURITE COUNTRY TOWN,.........HE WAS A LEAGUE BOWLER IN THE MAKESHIFT CENTRE AT MUTTABURRA THERE LAST YEAR, BUT THOSE LANES WERE NOT SANCTIONED THEN.........HE TOPPED THE AVERAGES TOO WITH AN IMPRESSIVE 142 OVER THE 1 WEEK / 24 GAME SEASON........SAME LANE SURFACES AS NOW I BELIEVE......HE WILL SURE BE THE ONE TO KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR IF HE IS ALLOWED TO BOWL.

MORE NEWS SHORTLY...........ONLY 3 WEEKS TO GO GUYS AND GIRLS...........OR IS IT 4 WEEKS???????

UPDATE........
THE FAIRDINKUM RACHUIG TRIALS...........

WILEY NUDGER HAS BEEN FOUND......
NOT IN A BOWL OF VEGIES AS FIRST RUMOURED, BUT SAFELY BACK ON TRACK TO BE AT THE TRIALS,

WILEY AND HIS NEW PNG BRIDE WILL MAKE THEIR WAY TO MUTTABURRA BY CANOE AS ORIGINALLY PLANNED.....A MUCH LARGER CANOE THIS TIME.

MARY FICKETT HAS ANOTHER CHANCE TO BOWL AT THOSE TEN PINS TO ACHIEVE THE PERFECT SCORE......
WE LAST REPORTED MARY WAS LEFT WITH THE FIRST ELEVEN STRIKES BEFORE THE FLOODS WASHED THE WOLLOGORANG BOWL AWAY......
THOSE EXACT LANES HAVE BEEN FOUND........
APPERANTLY THEY FLOWED FROM THE NICHOLSON, INTO THE RANKEN RIVER, CROSSING THE GEORGINA, THEN ONTO THE DIAMANTINA, MAKING ITS WAY TO BIRDSVILLE........
AS SOON AS THE LANES ARE "PREPARED" MARY WILL BOWL FOR GLORY.......WE'LL KEEP YOU POSTED.
"MUSTBOL" HAVE MANY ENTRIES RECEIVED NOW,
NAMES FROM THE PAST HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED,
MARTY DOOGELARSE, KATT SHEENING, DAVE SPINAGE AND FIL GOATSEY TO NAME A FEW ...........
THE MCSNOTTY BROTHERS (FROM ANGELDOOL) ENTRIES HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED BY THE ASSOCIATION, EVEN THOUGH THEY DONT BOWL IN ANY QLD SANCTIONED LEAGUE, THE ASSOCIATION RULED THAT THEIR SUPPORT FOR THE 6 NO-TAP TOURNAMENT HELD 3 YEARS AGO AT GOONDIWINDI WAS ENOUGH TO WARRANT THEIR NOMINATION.

A RING-IN HAS ALSO EMERGED.........BEN DOWN FROM THE DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO.........TIM HAS NOT EVEN BOWLED IN A LEAGUE IN QLD, BUT HIS ENTRY HAS BEEN AUTHORISED UNDER THE "FATHER-SON" RULING,

WHO COULD FORGET BEN'S FATHER NEIL DOWN IN THE 1969 NATIONALS AT LAKE CADDIBARRAWIRRACANNA LANES, WHEN GOING FOR THE WINNING SHOT IN THE FINALS OF THE MASTERS, A DUCK RACED THRU THE CENTRE AND SHAT ON LANES 9 AND 10, BEN HAD TO THROW THE WINNING BALL THROUGH THE DEBRI, AND MANAGED TO SCORE A NINE TO WIN........

SCRUTINY STILL SURROUNDS THE MUTTABURRA LANE CONDITIONS.........
HEAD TECH DAVE BARF HAS RESIGNED LEAVING THE ASSOCIATION NO CHOICE BUT TO APPOINT 2ND IN CHARGE WILLY BE'RITE TO SUPERVISE ALL CONDITIONS......
WILLY HAS NO EXPERIENCE WHAT SO EVER IN THE WORLD OF TEN PIN......HE'LL FIT RIGHT IN THEN HEY........
MORE SPECIALS FROM LOCAL PUBLICAN GUNNGY UNGA.......
BUY 6 NIPS OF PIPERS SCOTCH, GET THE 7TH FREE (SOLD IN A 250ML GLASS ONLY).........
BUY A SLAB OF XXXX AND RECEIVE A TWIN PACK OF CONDOMS FOR FREE.........
BUY 2 DOZEN CONDOMS AND GET A SLAB OF XXXX FREE............

SEE YOU ALL SOON AT THE TRIALS

CRAIG - you named those bowlers - not me and in answer to your question - would we travel the 900 or so kms - YES WE DO, HAVE AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO. Where were you????????
And incidently - I was NOT referring to your named bowlers I was referring to those who are too damn lazy to try to make the teams themselves - just prefer to sit back and criticize every other bowler who tries their hearts out just to have them shattered. Also I am NOT a queenslander but have lived here for some time and choose to follow the bowling aspirations of not just my own family members but of at least a dozen other state level bowlers.
icon_mad.gif

tamerett you wrote this remark

I WOULD THINK THAT QUEENSLAND RACHUIG HOPEFULS SHOULD BE QUEENSLAND BOWLERS. WITH ALL THE SO-CALLED "TALENT" WITHIN THE STATE THERE SHOULD BE NO NEED TO ACQUIRE BOWLERS FROM OTHER STATES - WHY ARE THEY NOT TRYING
OUT FOR THEIR OWN HOME STATES?

are you inferring that the state has gone looking for talent outside queensland

or

that bowlers outside queensland, who for whatever reasons, ability, cost or whatever are coming into queensland and are stealing queensland resident spots.

you inference to which i replied to, left you no option but to say that this was a problem against nsw residents bowling in queenland rachuig.

and maybe you should name who you are questioning to clear up this matter

my hat is off to your continued support in regards to the sport in queensland and especially rachuig.

and yes, you bared the brunt of my annoyance to all comments directed to (and yes i did name the people) in regards to that all the complaints of these players being involved in rachuig.

And it is to my observation that every time, we go hunting through this TOUCHY subject, it is rachuig players that aren't to be heard from, its always committee members and people generally interested, for the rachuig players i have spoken to from last years team, they were happy with the bowlers i have mentioned previously.

one quote being from a 2001 team member "i would have her in any team of mine anyday"

How about next year we use the Open Masters section of the State Champs as a selection process for Rachuig?
Incidentally the State champs will be up North next year.
Got your airfares saved up guys?

UPDATE........
THE FAIRDINKUM RACHUIG TRIALS

THE EXTRAORDINARY MEETING WAS HELD LAST NIGHT AT MUTTABURRA........
ALL ASSOCIATIONS WERE PRESENT INCLUDING (FUQT),(PIST),(WANQ) AND (SCHIT),
OTHERS PRESENT WERE............
Bowlers Accredited Domain Association (BADASS)
Proffesional Historic Adventurous Registed Tenpins (PHART)
Bowlers Ultimate Tenpin Trust (BUTT)

LESSER ISUES SUCH AS LANE DRAW, OILING PATTERNS AND MECHANICAL PROBLEMS WERE PUT ON HOLD FOR A MORE IMPORTANT MATTER........
APPARENTLY A PRICE WAR IS ABOUT TO ERRUPT BETWEENN THE LOCAL PUB AND THE CAIN TOAD ASS........
MINUTES OF THIS MATTER WHERE AS FOLLOWS.....
(MUSTBOL), (PIST) ABUSED (BADASS) FOR AUTHORISING (SCHIT) WITH (BUTT) AND TO ALLOW THIS LIQUOR DILEMMA TO HAPPEN........(PIST) CONFIRMED THAT THIS WAS REALLY A (FUQT) PROBLEM
WITH (BUTT),(PHART) AND (BADASS) KEEPING CONTROL OF (SCHIT).........(MUSTBOL), (SCHIT) AND (PIST) SEEMS IT AS REALLY A (FUQT) PROBLEM.
THE MEETING IS STILL IN PROGRESS

WITH THE CONFIRMATION OF NEXT YEARS TRIALS BEING HELD IN THE NORTH OF THE STATE, WE ARE PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THAT HORN ISLAND BOWL WILL BE THE HOST.
AIR FAIRS FROM UNGA BUNGA AIRLINES HAVE BEEN ARRANGED.........
ALL PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO GST AND HORN ISLAND AIRPORT TAX (1400% SURCHARGE)
BECAUSE UNGA BUNGA IS AN INTERNATIONALLY OWNED BUSINES ALL FIGURES ARE IN TURKISH LIRA.
FROM BRISBANE ............14,500, LIRA
FROM BIRDSVILLE ..........24,500, LIRA
FROM ANY OTHER PART OF THE STATE.....35,000 LIRA

MORE NEWS ON OTHER AIRFAIRS SHORTLY

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, ">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LEONONSKI:
this trevor fella is a phunny 1! lol!
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You should meet him in person .. an experience and a half !!!

UPDATE.........
THE FAIRDINKUM RACUIG TRIALS

TRAGEDY AT MUTTABURRA.......

WITH ONLY 60 HOURS BEFORE THE TRIALS, THE UNTHINKABLE HAS HAPPENED.......

WHILE PREPARING THE LANES LAST NIGHT, FILL-IN TECH WILLY BE'RITE DROPPED HIS CIGARETTE ONTO LANE ONE......NOW EVERYONE KNOWS THAT "PETRIFIED DINGOE DROPPING" LANES ARE HIGHLY INFLAMABLE.........
THIS CAUSED AN INSTANT FIRE BALL THRU THE CENTRE..........
A CHAIN REACTION SENT OF FLAMES THOUGH TO THE ADJACENT HOTEL, AIRPORT AND CAIN TOAD TRACK.........
THIS MORNING LOCALS COULDNT BELIEVE THEIR EYES AS THEY STOOD IN FRONT OF THE REMAINS OF WHAT WAS MUTTABURRA'S ONLY HOPE OF ECONOMIC RECOVERY.........

IF THE NEWS CANT GET ANY WORSE.........
WILEY NUDGER AND HIS NEW PNG BRIDE HAVE CAPSIZED THEIR CANOE AT NORMANTON......
WHILE STAYING AT THE "PURPLE PUB" FOR THE NIGHT, WILEY PURCHASED A STEAK SANDWICHED AND CHOKED TO DEATH.......
BILLY HATCHETT THE BLOWIE SWATTING CHAMP HAS HAD TO WITHDRAW AFTER STRAINING HIS RIGHT ELBOW CHASING A MARCH FLY THREW HIS HOUSE LAST NIGHT.........
INKA WUNGA HAS RETURNED TO MORNINGTON ISLAND AFTER A DISPUTE WITH THE LOCAL COUNCIL ON FRINGE BENEFITS FROM HIS PARKING METER JOB.........
ALL THE MENTIONED NAMES FROM THE PAST HAVE JOINED TOGETHER TO BOYCOTT THE DECISION ON HORN ISLANDS SUCCESS IN HOLDING THE TRIALS FOR NEXT YEAR, THEY HAVE BEEN DISQUALIFIED UNDER THE RULING OF "DISREPUTE OF THE GAME"............
TED MCSNOTTY AND KANNACKER BROTHERS HAVE WITHDRAWN AFTER HEARING THE (FUQT) DECISION ON THE LIQUER DISPUTE.........
JAPANESE BACKPACKER KONISHI BITSOSCHITTI WAS RUN OVER BY A MAC TRUCK LAST NIGHT MAKING HIS WAY TO MUTTABURRA........
IT WAS ALSO FOUND THAT BEN DOWN WAS ATTACKED BY WILD DINGOES YESTERDAY, BEN WAS DISQUALIFED THAT MORNING BY (MUSTBOL)(SCHITT) AND (PIST) FOR TRYING TO MOCK THE "FATHER-SON" RULING, IT WAS FOUND THAT HIS REAL NAME IS BEN CHAMBERLAIN.............

ON A MUCH MORE HAPPIER NOTE, MARY FICKETT HAS BOWLED HER FINAL BALL ON THE WOLLOGORANG LANE TEMPORARALY ERECTED IN BIRDSVILLE NEAR THE RACE COURSE WHERE THE LOCAL CAMELS ARE TRAINED FOR THE BIG RACE IN SEPTEMBER.....
AFTER NAILING THE POCKET AND LEAVING A TEN PIN SWAYING IN THE BREEZE, VIBRATIONS FROM A 150 CAMEL STAMPEDE NEARBY TOPPLED THE PIN INTO THE GUTTER......(MUCH LIKE THE OLD FOOTSCRAY BOWL WITH THE ADJACENT TRAIN TRACK).........CONGRATULATIONS TO MARY FOR HER PERFECT GAME AND FOR BEING ONLY THE SECOND PERSON TO BOWL A 300 ON 3 SEPERATE LANES ( WHO WAS THE FIRST?)
ALL ASSOCIATIONS HAVE NOW AGREED THAT THE TRIALS WILL TAKE PLACE THIS WEEKEND.........CANNON HILL ON SATURDAY AND CHERMSIDE ON SUNDAY........
GOOD LUCK TO ALL
icon_cool.gif

~THE END~

Well only 2 days to go and I wonder how many people will be showing up??

I think you'll see some people come out of the closet for this roll off not to mention some old regular faces. I know of some new faces who will be there as well.

It certainly makes for one hell of a lottery, see everyone at Cannonhill.

CRAIG,
you have taken my comments out of context, what I was attempting to say was with so many excellent bowlers in queensland, WHY DO THEY NOT try out for Rachuig - WHY IS THIS?? Nothing to do with the talents of the three bowlers YOU mentioned - they are fabulous and have my utmost respect and support - do you understand my comment now???? or do you just like to stir???? Are you rolling off for Rachuig at the weekend?
I personally don't care about "boundaries" of residence, I just don't understand why we don't have the support for Rachuig from Qld bowlers.
By the way, have heard that very shortly, as far down as Ballina will be classed as Qld centres -
icon_biggrin.gif

If he's not bowling Rachuig he should be.
Tonight he rolled 969/4 including a 299. Probably ask Ricky for a pay rise in the morning.

tamerett

yes, obviously i have taken it out of context, and for that i APOLOGISE

and yes its sad that the best we have to offer are scarcely seen at rachuig, i totally agree, and them feelings filter right through australia

for our most prestigeous representative tournament its disgusting to be able to name 20-30 names that should be there. (in my opinion anyway)

i remember when i was 10, the first rachuig i watched was just awesome, it was at camberwell, that day i saw victoria throw (gees i can't remember the score, and surely someone on here will remind me it was either high 1100, or 1200+), but it was something huge, and that was with rubber gear, later that day i watched an awesome victorian team play an awesome NSW team, and will never forget it for the rest of my life, the crowd was exctatic, there was cheering, sledging, and every emotion you could ever imagine was seen within 10 frames, it was awesome.

which jogged another thought, no one cared what ball they were using was, cause they were all the same, and no one cared how it was setup, cause they were all setup relatively the same.

and if that status could ever be captured again, people will realise how great rachuig is, and how much we rely on our elite to make it so good, even supposedly naive 10 year olds.

Back
Top Bottom