QLD Rachuig Roll dates officially announced!

That's REALLY CONFUSING cos I have a Rachuig entry form here on my desk and the dates on it are Saturday 27th April Cannon Hill and
Sunday 28th Chermside
Says nominations close Friday 22nd April2002
Which ONE IS IT ????????
These forms were delivered to our Training Squad tonight at 6.30pm.
We have interested and talented bowlers in our squad so WHAT IS GOING ON GUYS????
GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER & QUICK or there'll be no bowlers at all.
Incidentally these are the OFFICIAL RACHUIG ENTRY FORMS TOO.
icon_confused.gif

THE FAIR DINKUM RACHUIG TRIALS ARE HERE

VENUE : MUTTABURRA........DEAD SET IN THE MIDDLE OF QLD ( ABOUT 87 KM NTH OF LONGREACH)
LANES : 2

WITH ALL THE CONCERN OF SOME BOWLERS TRAVELLING TOO FAR AND OTHERS NOT ENOUGH FOR OUR STATE TEAM TRIALS, MUTTABURRA HAS GENEROUSLY BUILT FOR US 2 LANES JUST DOWN THE ROAD FROM THE PUB WHERE ACCOMODATION IS AVAILAIBLE.
POPULATION OF MUTTABURRA...4 MEN, 3 WOMEN (ALL RELATED), 1 DOG, A SHEEP, A CHOOK AND A THICK BELLIED GECKO.

NO BOWLER WILL HAVE TO TRAVEL MORE THAN 1300 KM ( WITH THE ACCEPTION OF WILEY NUDGER WHO IS MAKING HIS WAY BY CANOE FROM HORN ISLAND) THE ONLY TOWN ADVANTAGED IS BIRDSVILLE AND LOCAL BOWLING HERO WITCHIE BUNGA, HAS TO ROUTE HIS STOCK DOWN THE TRACK THAT WEEKEND TO ULLOOWARANIE, SO HIS PRESENTS WILL BE MISSED.

THE FIFTY KM FROM THE BORDER RULE STILL STANDS, SO THE GUYS IN INNAMINCA S.A ARE STILL ELIGABLE, SAME WITH STEPTOE AND SON AT GOODOOGA AND SO TOO ARE FRED AND KENNY KANACKERS IN BOOMA, BOTH TOWNS ARE IN THE LEGAL ZONE IN N.S.W.
UNFORTUNATELY THE GUYS WHO SPENT ALL THEIR HARD EARNED CASH DEVELOPING THAT U-BEAUT PEARLISED BLACK OPAL BALL IN LIGHTENING RIDGE WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO BOWL......TUFF HEY.
MUTTABURRA'S EXPERTISE IN RUNNING TOURNAMENTS IS SECOND TO NONE, THEY HAVE JUST FINISHED STAGING THE ANNUAL BLOWIE SWATTING GALA, IF THE SUCCESS OF THIS EVENT IS ANY GUIDE, WE ARE IN FOR A TREAT.
THE LOCAL WILL ALSO BE HAVING A FIREWORKS DISPLAY IN THE CENTRE PRIOR TO WARM UP, TO COMMEMARATE THIS ONE OFF ONLY EVENT.......SO IF YOU CAN BOWL ON VOLCANIC ASH YOU,LL BE A SURE THING FOR THE CUT. (IF THE MANHATTAN CAN DO IT?????)
THE LANES ARE OF CANE APROACHES AND PETRAFIED DINGO DROPPINGS SURFACES...(NOTHING LIKE THE NATIONALS LANES) AND WILL BE WASHED AND OILED(WITH THEIR NEW "MODEL 1010 FLY SPRAY" OILER) PRIOR TO CHECK IN WHICH IS 4.30AM.
A BREAK OF 3 HOURS FOR LUNCH AT 11.30 WILL TAKE PLACE (UNFORTUNATELY THE LOCAL BOWLERS WOULD NOT POSTPONE THEIR 5 MAN TEAM LEAGUE FOR THAT WEEKEND) WITH ANY LUCK THE DAYS PLAY WILL FINISH AT 7.45PM......THE PUB SHUTS AT 7.30PM.
ENTRY COST : YOUR GROSS SALARY DIVIDED BY THE NUMBER OF SPANNERS YOU CAN GET INTO A SYDCHROME SET, MULTIPLIED BY THE AVERAGE AGE OF THE AUSTRALIAN CRICKET TEAM, MINUS THE NUMBER OF BALLS YOU WILL BE TAKING........HUGHESY GETS THERE FOR NOTHING.

TRAVEL WILL BE AT EACH BOWLERS EXPENSE,,,
NINGA BUNGA AIRLINES ARE RUNNING A SPECIAL THAT WEEKEND AND SEATS (I THINK THEY HAVE SEATS) ARE LIMITED, SO BOOK EARLY.

BYO TENT AND EVERYONE PLEASE HAVE A GREAT TIME AT OUR NEW RACHUIG FORMAT.

TREV

We have a winner for "Post of the Year".
If only your bowling was just as entertaining.lol
Hope the shoulder is improving and to see you on the lanes in 2003.
HAMO
icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah, good one Trev...Apparently we can use four lanes if we bring our own pinboys.
It's a good point about bowlers up here and the cost of attending Rachuig rolloffs, though - especially when there is no 'return' on the trip other than making the team if you bowl well. So, why not look at at what's happening with the FIQ trials and use the Koolfoam as a Rachuig rolloff too? At least three Townsvillites are comoing down for the Koolfoam, and if the team trials were tied into a major tournament, a good finish will cover the cost of the trip down even if you dont make the team. It's still a trip to Brisbane, but realistically it's a waste of time taking bowlers to Rachuig unless they can cut it under tournament conditions. Anyone serious enough to want to bowl Rachuig should be bowling Queensland's biggest event anyway.
Just a thought.
Rob.

Oh good gosh trev~!
I have never laughed so hard in my laugh think I cracked a rib. You're crazy.

Guess I do have to apologise george I misunderstood the way in which your posts followed. How will us minorities ever understand the words of god!

On another issue, I agree with you Steve. It would be awesome to have some more NQ bowlers in the team. Time and time again I would always ponder the fact as to whether or not the NQ bowlers just had no interest in the tournament. It seems the heart is there and ideas on how to solve this would be great. Gail - I like your idea on top 20 of each. I mean they had the same format for WDV and still do and it works well. I guess as long as a fair and similar condition was laid in both locations and a date and midpoint could be arranged for the finale of the roll off to take place, we could then come to an agreement. Perhaps even alternating locations each year.
I believe that something like this would gain some support due to the amount of interest from bowlers who really want to represent their state.

Just a thought...Kimi
icon_rolleyes.gif

Steve

It was just a matter of time before you come on here and voiced your opinions and about 3 years ago when I was living in Townsville I would have done the same thing. You make some valid points and some not so valid points.

It really comes down to one thing, COMMITMENT. Yes Queensland is a huge state and the distance to travel is even further but if you want to be part of the team, you'll travel and do the hard yards to make a dream a reality. How do you think WA feel every year when they have to travel over 5000km every year to bowl Rachuig at a cost of $1500 every year.

I'm not doubting NQ talents, I for one know of at least 10 guys who can play and be competitive in Australia at any level but how many of them are really that interested in Rachuig?? If the cost was less and the roll off method was more fairer to northern's they'd give it a go but if thats not in their favour (which it never will) they just couldn't be bothered.

I spent thousands of dollars bowling tournaments in Brisbane when I used to live in Townsville and bowled my arse off to make the team in 1997. The cost was not an issue, it was a dream and be it by fundraising, selling personal items, parents or work, I found a way to fund it and for the record I made the team and loved every second of it.

I moved to Brisbane for one reason only, BOWLING. Brisbane not only has more centres but has more tournaments and talent than probably any other state. It helped my game tremendously and irrelevant of how good you are, you are still only a product of your enviroment. You maybe at the top of tree in NQ but on a National level your just another bowler. If you want to get better, take the sport more seriously you really have to move!

Getting back to commitment, yes everyone would like to bowl Rachuig but it's only those who make the commitment who ultimately succeed. I am giving up bowling in the Singapore Cathay Super Classic which has a prizefund over $160,000 AUS dollars. I am committed to leading QLD men to a win and am making the necessary sacrifices to ensure that becomes a reality. I suggest you do the same, I have no doubts you'd be a great member in the team!

Trevour, you have way too much time on your hands
icon_biggrin.gif

Now there's a fundraising idea I never thought of! So George, how much did you get for your parents?
icon_smile.gif

I think you're being a little harsh about the 'commitment' thing though - how many rolloff entries do you think you would get from Brisbane if the rolloff was being held only in Townsville?

BTW Steve, IMHO as far as a NQ Rachuig team goes - until Northern centres start putting down conditions comparable with those down South, a NQ team would get chewed up and spat out. Yes, there are bowlers here with the talent, but you need experience on something other than dry-to-desert shots.
(Unless it's being held at Mt Gravatt, of course).
icon_biggrin.gif

Rob.

Aren't we confusing 2 different things here? Sure WA has a long way to travel to the comp every year but all their centres are grouped around Perth and they don't have the same problem of travel to and from roll-off that Queenslanders do. Much as I agree with most of what you say George, we still have to find a way to make it financially fairer for the boys in the bush.
My thoughts on encouraging more nominations for any State Team are very simple. Put up reasonable prize money for the winning teams.If you knew you were up for a purse which would cover all your expenses and provide you with a decent amount of spending money, wouldn't you be willing to try out?
$30,000 for the winning teams would be a reasonable starting point.
A dream? Not necessarily. We would be talking about National fundraising here and maybe even a bowler or league levy.
Sure there would be some initial dissent but most bowlers who hold a half decent average know that this is our blue ribbon teams event.
We get prizemoney for the other Nationals events, why not Rachuig?

A bit of a follow on...oh my gosh!

George, okay you have knowledge but do you actually read what you are typing sometimes. Not everyone can access money that easily. And the ones who try to still maintain their commitment to the sport and personal satisfaction at MORE tournament expense and experience live their life in debt anyways.

Robbie has a really valid point...the whole commitment speech way too hard and I believe he is right...if the roll-offs were to be held up north you would see a considerable difference of the amount of people from south queensland travel up. But lane conditions are far from total disaster, well from what a few of us southerners experience in December last year at the NQ Open (Jnr Div). Ian Waters had an awesome condition down. Dry Spells - "where" we all asked...

Speaking last night wasn't it you G who questioned why rachuigh costs so much...blah blah blah...how can you question the dedication of NQ bowlers due to expense and "roll-off methods". We get it pretty easy here as you said - you moved here, but how many people would be in your shoes so easily. The flexibility of packing up and moving to bowl...but in hindsight, they have more costs essentially than we would anyway. First you would have travel to roll-off, plus bowling fee, then rachuig expenses again, where we just have bowling fees and rachuigh to think of. So I wouldn't just say it is a fact of "not being bothered". Remember you had more financial assistance from track sponsorship also...could we just imagine how easy it would be then if we were all sponsored and could then be 'bothered'...so to many people it will remain a dream because they can't find the way to fund it, especially every year if the tradition remains.

I'm sorry I keep reading your post george and I just can't grasp the fact of how you should move to get better. Oh and would it be fair to say that...in a hypothetical situation here...if you were the best bowler in SQ that you are JUST ANOTHER BOWLER nationally? How do you suppose you are already leading the QLD men to a win when the roll-off hasn't even commenced?

Prize money is another thing...I mean being a junior bowler I guess I will just have to bring this up...BUT we don't get prize money in president shield either. Hello ain't just you rachuig'ers and we are spending the same amount of cash.

I remember reading posts on this forum about this same issue times and times again but there is never an answer clarified due to the mere fact at the end of the day...it is representing your state and if you know you will get some satisfaction (to say the least) from that...you will do it prize money or not!

Sorry just my view...
icon_eek.gif

Very very very well said Kimi.

Im sorry George I dont really know you personally but I think you forget that not everyone is in a good a financial situation as you appear to be.

Yeh, if you were in the financial situation to move down south just for bowling then by all means go ahead. But not everyone can just pick up their lives, jobs, friends and loved ones and leave like that. Some people have partners, jobs, kids educations etc to think about. And as Kimi said, you are lucky (dont know if that is the right word or not) to have the sponosorship through Track, which is a major weight lifted out of your pocket, I would gather anyway.

I like your confidence but I wouldnt go getting too cocky as the roll offs havent even commenced yet.

Not putting you down George, but just sit back and think about those that do find it hard to make ends meet so they can gain tournament experience.

My two cents worth.

Kel

UPDATE.......
THE FAIR DINKUM RACHUIG TRIALS

LIGHTENIBG RIDGE BROTHERS, RALPH AND TED McSNOTTY HAVE MOVED NORTH TO THE TOWN OF ANGELDOOL 18 KM'S SOUTH OF THE BORDER, THEY WILL HAVE TO WAIT PENDING THE OFFICALS DECISION ON WHETHER THIS IS A LEGAL MOVE OR JUST AN ATTEMPT TO FLOUT THE RULES.

WILEY NUDGER, THE HORN ISLAND CHAMPION, CANOEING HIS WAY SOUTH, WAS REPORTED MISSING EARLY THIS WEEK, WHEN HE FAILED TO CHECK INTO THE WEIPA HOTEL FOR HIS FORWARD ORDER OF A STEAK SANDWICH. AUTHORITIES ARE CONCERNED OF HIS WHERE-ABOUTS BECAUSE OF THE HIGH POPULATION OF CROCODILES IN THE AREA IN WHICH WILEY IS TAKING......WE'LL KEEP YOU POSTED ON ANY UPDATES.

IT IS ALSO REPORTED THAT BILLY HATCHETT, THE BLOWFLY SWATTING CHAMPION WILL BE ELIGABLE TO BOWL IN THESE TRIALS......
AFTER A COURT RULING DECLARED THAT BILL WAS CURRENTLY USING AN "AMF" BRAND SWATTER AND THAT HE, DURING THE PAST 8 WEEKS, HAD AVERAGED 186 SWATTED BLOWIES PER MATCH,
BILLY IS THRILLED TO BITS ON THE DECISION AND CANT WAIT TO SHOW OFF HIS UNIQUE BRAND OF STYLE.

JUST OVER THE BORDER N.T NEWSPAPER HAS GIVEN A GREAT WRITE UP ON LOCAL BOWLING CHAMPION MARY FICKETT, MARY BOWLED A BEAUTIFUL 290 GAME IN THE LOCAL CENTRE OF WOLLOGORANG (7KM FROM THE QLD BORDER 550KM NORTH WEST OF MT ISA), SHE WILL WAIT AND DECIDE ON WHETHER TO GO TO THE TRIALS IN THE NEXT WEEK OR SO,
IT SEEMS MOST OF THE ROADS ARE IMPASSABLE AS THE NICHOLSON RIVER BURST ITS BANKS DURING A RECENT DOWN POUR OF RAIN WHICH SAW THE LOCAL AREA RECEIVE 23 INCHES OF RAIN IN 1 HOUR ......MARY WATCHED IN DISBELIEF AS THE LOCAL CENTRE WAS BEING WASHED AWAY BEFORE SHE COULD BOWL HER TWELFTH SHOT FOR THE 300.

THERE WILL BE MORE UPDATES POSTED AS THEY COME TO HAND.

Trev

The Muttuburra Bowling Association (affiliated with all state border associations) welcomes your posted updates on the up and coming Rockway Roll Off at our centre. The camping area has been advised that there will be an influx of spectators coming to watch the real champions in action.

Okies guys .. heres a mind blowing update regarding the Rachuig eligibility .. apparently the 50km rule comes into conflict with their rules and regs ..

SO ...

1) The 50km ruling is out

The entry form should now read :

ELIGIBILITY
1. Open to all 2002 Registered Players of TBA Ltd and who are in good standing.
3. Nominees must have bowled at least 24 games in a TBAL Accredited League.

Other rules stipulate that the player must be a financial member of a Queensland Association.

WHAT THIS MEANS ? The Walshs and Phil Ramsay, as long as they meet this criteria are entitled to rolloff for Queensland in 2002.

If this information is wrong I will stand corrected but this was handed over from TBA this evening.

Well what can I say Trev, you were always great for a laugh, but this time you have out done yourself. I might have to go and check that centre out. LOL
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, ">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andrew S.:
In that case perhaps we should ask them for clarification of rule 7(b).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heres the thing .. rule 7 doesnt exist anymore ..

Graham what are you talking about?
Rule 7(b) states ...Determining additional eligibility criteria is the responsibility of the respective State/Territory Association....

The other parts of rule 7 are all concerned with the selection of teams.

I am quoting from revised rules version 2.2 dated 31.1.02

Andrew S.

No disrespect but who says it doesn't count?

Who is the source of the TBA announcements through this forum?

Back
Top Bottom