GREATEST australian bowler

I havent been around bowling for a long time but when i started bowling the likes of Colin Hunt and Brenton Davy were guys i looked up to.. they have both represented Australia and in the year i started bowling Brenton was number one in Australia. These two guys may not be the best of all time but have definately made thier marks and will always have my respect and vote in this topic.. :lol:

so does anyone know the highest series bowled by an aussie :?: :?:

I stand corrected but I think Paul Trotters 896 in Latvia 2002 world Cup. the games were 300, 298, 298 for the first three games of the Tournament.

Yeah Rob
He is right this time I know cause I was there :lol: :lol:
Besides it better be I just ordered his new number plates for Christmas!!

Regards Cheryl :rainbow1:

A very interesting question, who is Australia's greatest bowler? I read with interest your answers to this question. I have been lucky enough to play against all the bowlers mentioned and I agree that the women's section is the easiest to pick

Carol Gianotti
Cara Honeychurch
Jeanette Baker

Stand head and shoulders above all the rest. The men is much harder but try some of these names in no particular order

Joe Vello
Richard Hall
Steve Mackie
Bruce Kennedy
John Sullivan
Eric Thompson
Ian Bradford
Chris Batson
Terry Wenban

However I will say this that I believe that Jason Belmonte is the "Best" I have seen, he is not yet the "Greatest"

Anyone out there remember

Trish Datsun
Shirley Ellis
Lavina Petens
Joy Golby

These Ladies would also have to be amongst the top
:roll: :shock:

Hi Richo, I remember some of those ladies, Trish Datson, yeah I bowled against her only once, 1977 in the Singerpore Doubles at Rushcutter, she shot 680/3 against my 580/3, I said thanks for the lesson, the first female to bowl 300 in Australia. Lavina Pietens, South Pacific winner late 70's not sure the exact year, big hook back-up bowler. These two ladies could be considered among the best in Australia
Joy Golby, was she married to Ron Golby, he was good. Shirley Ellis, again I remember Eric Ellis as being a powerful bowler, another good bowler.
These names should probably have been used in the other thread "Names From The Past Where Are They Now".
willey.

Hawka said:
I stand corrected but I think Paul Trotters 896 in Latvia 2002 world Cup. the games were 300, 298, 298 for the first three games of the Tournament.
matt cramound bowled a 898 in centre league here is tasmania last year.
and while on cricketers glen mcgrath is going to hopefully get five wickets tommorow. cya alll

hate to say joelsback but matty hasnt shot 898 in centre league, I haven't missed a week this yr and i would have known about it straight away being one of matts good friends, i think you got your wires a lil mixed up

Back
Top Bottom