Emerson Shield 2008

Let's just award the trophy to the Werribee ladies right now.....
That's an AWESOME TEAM!
I agree - that is an awesome team. 5 of those 7 played last year and they still finished 18 points behind Shep. That included Cassie with a 230 average. They will certainly be near the top but they are nowhere near over the line yet.

It is all about bowling as a TEAM. If you don't do that you won't win.... simple!

That is why Shepp won last year. They were the best team. Individual stars mean little if you can't gel.

To use another sport as an example, Spain has had a team of individual stars in world football but hadn't won a trophy for decades. Why? They never gelled as a team. Internal bickering and fighting that couldn't be viewed by the naked eye. Turn the clock forward from the past decades to a couple of days ago... it is amazing what a team can do when they commit to working together.

There is no such thing as a certainty.
No offense to you Gary, but to suggest a certain team from any centre will "certaintly" be near the top is rediculous as well.

I can guarantee that if the Werribee ladies team doesn't gel, then they can kiss Epping goodbye... The same rule applies to every team.

The team with the five, six, or seven BEST bowlers SHOULD win..but then again who ever said bowling was fair?

Our sport is so condition dependant that a team of unknowns could beat a team of superstars. It's all about who knocks down the most pins. Not who is the better bowler or who is a better team player.

Unlike other sports where an amateur has little or no chance to beat a top professional There is only offense in bowling..there is NO DEFENSE.
There is no teamwork in bowling...no passing the ball, no shepherding the other team's players to protect your man with the ball, no double teaming the open man.

Taking all the above into consideration, Id still rather have a team made up of the 'best' individual bowlers around, rather than a team of so-so bowlers with who are considered to be 'team' players.

if they are the best bowlers as you say wayne it should not matter what the condition is for them cos they are the "best"....

if they are the best bowlers as you say wayne it should not matter what the condition is for them cos they are the "best"....

Just because they are the best doesn't mean they are the luckiest.... Someone who hits an individual board consistently can be outscored by someone who can hit within 5 boards....

Someone who hits an individual board consistently can be outscored by someone who can hit within 5 boards....

Within 3 boards Craig....

5,10 and15 board

Did you roll off for the Werribee team this year and miss, or you taking the year off?

Wayne Wayne Wayne so much i could say but i wont. I will wait for you come down to the good old druggie town to say it to you. I hope you realise Mildura has brought undone many a good bowler. Alot of bowlers could vouch for that.

Wayne Wayne Wayne so much i could say but i wont. I will wait for you come down to the good old druggie town to say it to you. I hope you realise Mildura has brought undone many a good bowler. Alot of bowlers could vouch for that.

Any made legends of others :rolleyes:, GO MILDURA!

That doesn't surprise me...

Yeah, didn't surprise me either....
Just put the 8 entries in that were required and didn't bother replacing any low series. Haven't bowled much in the last 2 months anyway.

Turns out I wouldn't have been able to bowl the zone final.
Golf sounds like a far better option for the Saturday of the state final, but I'll probably have a little look on the Sunday of the final.

Doesn't phase me that I missed. I have other things in life that are more important.

Back
Top Bottom