COUNTRY CUP 2010

Would you like to see a Hall of Fame and Dinner presentaion on Monday Night

• Total voters
That's way to serious guys....

I reckon candid camera could make an appearance at mildura.... Imagine the stories it could tell :)

Volunteering any particular room there Paige?

Not mine.....lol. Although I'm sure all the 'memorable moments' happen in the motel rooms!!

Let's just say ten years ago when I bowled cc in Mildura.......I experienced something I never ever wish to repeat again..... It has scarred me for life!! ;)

Shouldn't you guys be out practicing, or is bowling secondary to smack talking?

WTF are you smoking? I'm good enough, even without practicing, to hand you your lunch seven days a week...

Wayne the ultimate smack talker - from the safety of his keyboard

Wayne dont worry about the bowling practice just make sure that you are practicing the line "Would you like fries with that" - that will keep Gary happy when you are serving him lunch

WTF are you smoking? I'm good enough, even without practicing, to hand you your lunch seven days a week...

You think I'm down on Australian bowling? ..well. you're wrong Gary..I'm down on the blatant favouritism that has been shown over and over again by our 'ruling body.' If you can't recognise that, then you need to open your eyes son..cos it's out there in plain view for all to see.

Explain how some dream you have about your abilities to beat me has to do with anything anyone has posted. Explain how running down Country Cup has to do with "blatant favouritism that has been shown over and over again by our 'ruling body.'"

The fact is you have a grudge against TBA for whatever reason. You have shown this time and time again. Well it is time you grew up and learnt where and when to voice your "concerns".

Gary...How about we have a little 'grudge' match when you come to Bendigo for this year's Emerson. Five game freeze out for $1,000....

And Woza...you're invited too. Should only take you a couple of weeks to earn that at your Maccas job. lol

For someone who claims to be wise in the ways of bowling you truly do miss the point much of the time.

Few things about this latest piece of stupidity you have posted:

1. You think way too much of yourself if you believe that I am scared of bowling against you but I will not lower myself to taking your bait. I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else and your personal little grudges mean nothing, especially in a thread about Country Cup, something you are not a part of.

2. If you took any notice of Emerson (other than your little conspiracy theories) you would see I hardly ever bowl in it.

When I first ever saw you in Mildura my immediate comment was "I expected him to be bigger". I said it in jest and had a laugh with whoever it was talking to me at the time. The more I see your posts the more I think this was a very appropriate comment. Not about your stature, but about your manner.

Explain how some dream you have about your abilities to beat me has to do with anything anyone has posted.

Sorry if I assumed the above quote wasn't meant to say you weren't afraid to bowl me. Obviously I was wrong. ..There, I've said it..I was wrong!

I'm a worthless piece of sh!t..thank you for enlightening me Gary.

We could always make the stakes a little more interesting......loser stays off the Totalbowling forum for 6 months. How's that for an incentive?

Country Cup is what it is...

No more, no less. A good excuse for a good time away with mates. ..oh, and there's some bowling too.

There ya go fellas....is this better?

To be honest here Wayne, I think every amateur bowling event (and probably most amateur - and professional - sports at some level) would have a fairly high social aspect. You tend to interact with those that share a common love and/or goal, even on internet forums.

To say bowlers have a beer and a catch up at Country Cup is spot on, but then typically there's no official function such as a President's lunch or the Grand Prix ball to double as social interaction. When I bowled the TAT and High Roller in Vegas I had a beer with guys I'd just met, is that really so different?

So in reality (or my opinion) I feel most sporting events would include the catch up with mates aspect, they're our peers and our friends - wouldn't some component of that apply to all events in life? Work and sport included?
It just comes down to perception of individual priorities.
Perceptions can differ when you watch an event from a distance and see 'beer first, bowl later' vs compete in the event 'bowl your best, catch up with peers and friends later'.

Mildura marathon is a good time away with mates, and a beer, and not much sleep. My team mates interact with me for 60 games, but the guys you bowl with and against do too because they have respect for the fact we're all here at 4 and 5 am with a common objective - throwing a round object at sometimes blurry white posts!
Vic Sports series is the same, great events, great people, a whole lot of camaraderie.
You don't bag those events do you?

When I first went to Country Cup I knew my team and about 2 other people, this year I'm going up there and I'm not even bowling! Its funny how over time your competitors can become your friends when a) you earn each others respect, and b) you find you actually like each other and have something to talk about.

Sorry mate, to say Country Cup is a secondary event is just wrong!

Cheers
David

We could always make the stakes a little more interesting......loser stays off the Totalbowling forum for 6 months. How's that for an incentive?

No need for any stakes Wayne. I already said I am not going to lower myself to your level and take the bait.

To be honest here Wayne, I think every amateur bowling event (and probably most amateur - and professional - sports at some level) would have a fairly high social aspect. You tend to interact with those that share a common love and/or goal, even on internet forums.

To say bowlers have a beer and a catch up at Country Cup is spot on, but then typically there's no official function such as a President's lunch or the Grand Prix ball to double as social interaction. When I bowled the TAT and High Roller in Vegas I had a beer with guys I'd just met, is that really so different?

So in reality (or my opinion) I feel most sporting events would include the catch up with mates aspect, they're our peers and our friends - wouldn't some component of that apply to all events in life? Work and sport included?
It just comes down to perception of individual priorities.
Perceptions can differ when you watch an event from a distance and see 'beer first, bowl later' vs compete in the event 'bowl your best, catch up with peers and friends later'.

Mildura marathon is a good time away with mates, and a beer, and not much sleep. My team mates interact with me for 60 games, but the guys you bowl with and against do too because they have respect for the fact we're all here at 4 and 5 am with a common objective - throwing a round object at sometimes blurry white posts!
Vic Sports series is the same, great events, great people, a whole lot of camaraderie.
You don't bag those events do you?

When I first went to Country Cup I knew my team and about 2 other people, this year I'm going up there and I'm not even bowling! Its funny how over time your competitors can become your friends when a) you earn each others respect, and b) you find you actually like each other and have something to talk about.

Sorry mate, to say Country Cup is a secondary event is just wrong!

Cheers
David

Couldnt have said it better myself

Hey Wayne can i be in that 5 frame challenge? Actually id challenge you to anything at bowling these days. Im not really scared or feel challenged by anyone. $1000 a game 5 games? How does that sound? anyone can bowl 5 frames.

Deano

Dean...I said a five GAME freezeout. For those who don't know what it is..a freezeout means you have to be a ceretain number of games ahead of your opponent. in this case FIVE games ahead. It's entirely possible that it could take 20 or more games before someone gets ahead by five games, so it's a real challenge.

Game Or frames mate i dont care. Im up for it. Put down a proper PBA condition maybe even. Im up for it. I mite just be a country hack but hey ive beaten bigger fish as well. :):)

Back
Top Bottom