Country Cup 2008

I thought everyone knew that behind every good man is an even better woman! Imagine what would happen if I let him out on his own, it doesn`t even bear thinking about!! :mad::mad::mad:
I dont know why you would be worried for, Dave would be the perfect elder statesman I'm sure, as pure as the driven snow. lol :wheelchair::5shotss:

I thought everyone knew that behind every good man is an even better woman! Imagine what would happen if I let him out on his own, it doesn`t even bear thinking about!! :mad::mad::mad:

i reckon if there was no tracey, dave could go into the carpet steam cleaning business

You have been called worse.;)
Any chance you can get through the whole weekend of Country Cup without getting banned or kicked out of anywhere and keeping in the good books with your team?:D
Also DMac will be happy that your lucious lips will be back on the lanes for him:cool:
Rob
LMAO, Not sure. Will try and get through trials without p*****g anyone off orr having to hand out any 'personal' adjustments first!:p

even money, he can't help himself

maybe he needs to take the mrs up there with him, then he can just casually place himself under her thumb, where he spends most of his week

At the moment its mostly under her palm, seeing as knee surgery landed me on the couch for two weeks she knew where i was every minute of the bloody day! The freedom of being able to walk is very underated....;)

At the moment its mostly under her palm, seeing as knee surgery landed me on the couch for two weeks she knew where i was every minute of the bloody day! The freedom of being able to walk is very underated....;)

And I suppose you hated the sponge baths and all the attention;)

Rob

Sale had their roll off this weekend. The unfortunate thing is that not too many turned up, but with some young blood into the mens side we should be able to bring on a couple of upsets.

Mens
Gunther Czmok (capt)
Earl Smith
Peter Siddle
Geoff Morris
Scott Morris
Matthew Curnow

Ladies
Debbie Duncan
Liz Fabian-Czmok
Chamaine Smith
Lou Atkins
Christine King
TBA

Unfortionatly the ladies team is not totally decided yet, maybe only 5 going, lets see what happens.

Congrats to those that made the teams

Without taking away from those that made the teams, there is a bit of a thought to what will happen in years to come in the mens team with the first four all able to bowl senior shield and the last two in the age bracket of 18 and under. It's good to see the young ones coming up, but the scary part is no bowlers in the age bracket 19-45. I know there were a couple in this age group that could not make it today but maybe its time for the association to take a look at who is in that age group and try to get somebody to coach them and give them some confidence in there ability.

Grumpy

Half way mark of Latrobe Valleys team trials
After ten games on what must be the best six lanes in Australia ;)
Current top 7 are
Neil Webb
Jason Motta
Michael Bosma
Wayne Mills
Greg Smith
Bryan Woszczeiko
and Craig Adams
10 more games tommorrow so will post final team tommorow night

Latrobe Valleys Team 2008 Country Cup

Neil Webb (Also had a 290 game today lanes better at other end of house)
Bryan Woszczeiko (captain)
Jason Motta
Michael Bosma
Greg Smith
Wayne Mills
and Roy Arnold

and for Paiges benefit

Tracey Woszczeiko (captain)
Nicky Buntman
Nicole Bree
Alicia Mason
Wendy Motta
Lyn Bourke
and Jenny VanDenHam

Congrats to all

Geelong Country Cup team is as follows

Men
Paul Campbell avg 227
Martin Muxworthy avg 212.5
Luke Ross avg 207.12
Nick Walsh avg 200
Joshua Alvisse avg 200
Rick de Lange avg 197.75
Damien Robinson avg 197.5
----------------------------------
Mark Gordon avg 194
Matthew Robinson avg 189
Rick Baird avg 188
Eugene Jakupek avg 187
Brad Ott avg 185
Graham Rowe avg 162.5

And they ladies

Amanda de Lange
Julie Jakupek
Shirley Muxworthy
Beryl Daniels
Rebecca Baird

Amanda

Thanks Woz, I reckon you guys are starting to get a bit slack. I've got to keep you on your toes!! LOL

Mindi, only five women, whats the go? Are they going to recruit or will you just go with five?

I hope you can field a full team, or at least another bowler. Six bowlers works well, if you can't have seven.

Sounds like a few centres may be struggling in the womens department?.....

has country cup reached the stage where we go down the road of drafting other players from other country centres to make up more competitive teams.

just my thoughts

Ace_Hi

has country cup reached the stage where we go down the road of drafting other players from other country centres to make up more competitive teams.
just my thoughts
Ace_Hi
The association with the highest population by a long margin cannot get 7 bowlers to represent their association - please
If the draft was to come in it would destroy the spirit of the competition. The fact that some teams are prepared to have a crack whilst being seriously under manned earns them respect and they always manage to cause a few upsets along the way
Teams have gone away with less than 7 and won Geelong men only had 6 in 2005 and that was at their home centre. They could not get 7 bowlers even when CCup was held on their home lanes
There has to be other factors why they cant get numbers (cost, travel, etc)

Back
Top Bottom