country championships

Rob,

So far it has mostly only been Colac bowlers with the vast majority of open bowlers coming to compete this weekend. I cannot remember all the scores listed but ones that i do know are

695 - Merv Billing
659 - Neil Thompson
648 - Gary Black
646 - Stephen Hay

619 - Daniel Billing
608 - Mark McCallum
592 - Nigel Grapentin

There may be a couple of other low 600's but i don't think there is anything else above 620. I will update any others when i see the official results. Hard to know what the final score will need to be but you would think above 660 should make it (I am hoping 648 will be enough but i think i will probably be on the fringe)

I think the women's leader is 610 (Josie Moore) but i don't think there are many other scores above 550 at this stage.

Other scores for Open men are pretty much the same as last post
Teams - 2441
Singles - 695
All Events - 1952

Doubles score has now gone up to 1257

Thanks for that Gary.

Looks like the lanes are scoring well.

Looking forward to this weekend.

Hopefully I can sneak a 649 in there;)

Rob

Don't get too carried away Rob - 647 is more than enough!!

Actually with our recent head to head history you'll probably bowl 648 and we will have to have a one game roll off :(

Congrats to Open Masters winners Kevin Wilkins - 4 in a row and Chris Clark - 3 in a row.

Men's division was pretty close between Kevin and David Farky for the first 6 games, with just 20 odd pins separating them before the last game. Kevin finished with a 251 to just win his point against Russ Hinton's 245 but Dave only bowled 171 which dropped him down to fourth giving Kev a 108 pin victory.

Final placings

1st Kevin Wilkins 1599 (5 wins) 214 average
2nd Gary Black 1491 (4 wins) 201
3rd Mark McCallum 1487 (4 wins) 200
4th David Farquharson 1483 (5 wins) 197
5th Neil Thompson 1459 (4 wins) 197
6th Russell Hinton 1411 (2 wins) 195
7th Merv Billing 1325 (2 wins) 183
8th Rob Garioch 1318 (2 wins) 182

don't have full details of the women other than Chris also won by over 100 pins with Josie Moore second

Mathew Chettleburgh won the junior boys open Masters from Tyson Hinton

Well done again to Kevin and Chris! - even by changing the format to round robin didn't stop your run

(640 was the lowest score for qualifying - with first emergency 621 actually getting a game)

Gary

Please update womens!!!??
Interested in Chris King's efforts

Sampson

Being a noisey parker but can someone put up the final results for all those that bowled at Championships?

cheers

I ask because I am president of a league in Gippsland that had bowlers bowling today.

Congratulations to both Kevin and Chris on the victory AGAIN. Lol.

Top effort by the both of you. Is this some kind of record now Bary Glack?

Congratulations to both Kevin and Chris on the victory AGAIN. Lol.
Top effort by the both of you. Is this some kind of record now Bary Glack?
I guess it would be. I had a quick look at the men's trophy over the weekend and noone else had won more than two in a row.

Well done to Kev and Chrissy, you both bowled very well all day.

Also well done to Mark and his staff as well as the tournament team.

Was fun to get back onto timber again.

Rob

ok how about top 5 men & women

Unfortunately Jason unless some bowlers go to a fair bit of trouble to gather information, results are scare.

The sad part is that the country association has a web site but it is about 2 years behind. This may not necessarily be the fault of the webmaster as they may not be able to get the info from some of the centres.

:(

Liz

I am only an "unofficial" rep from Colac. I just posted scores from events that i have been involved in. Maybe when the tournament committee catches up on some sleep after 3 long weekends at the bowl they may be able to post selected scores. The other alternative is to message Murray Spokes for a specific persons results and he may be able to help (Sorry to dob you in Murray!) His total bowling profile is "MWS"

Eric Harrison did mention on the weekend that they are going to try to get the website updated - it may mean paying someone to do so but he is well aware of how many people use the net and how important it is to have results posted. Hopefully this will happen in the not too distant future

Unfortunately Jason unless some bowlers go to a fair bit of trouble to gather information, results are scare.
The sad part is that the country association has a web site but it is about 2 years behind. This may not necessarily be the fault of the webmaster as they may not be able to get the info from some of the centres.
:(
Liz

Liz

I only ask cause mum said that she made the finals.
When she dropped in this morning at 2am she said she came 2nd overall. Which for mum is unreal.... her, Debbie and Matt looked buggered and I thought she was joking.

I have posted in the comments that maybe that those that post the results that they be rewarded in vCash?....

Jason

well done to both "wilko & chris " for thier great effort in defending thier masters titles even though the format was changed..
It was great to watch and tight to the very end.
We will have to try something different to stop them in Morwell next year...just kidding Kev..

talk to you soon

Brian Walsh

5 in a row :thmbup:

god, someone hand me a bucket i'm gonna be sick :stretcher:

well done buddy, see you next year, by the way where is it next year???

I am only an "unofficial" rep from Colac. I just posted scores from events that i have been involved in. Maybe when the tournament committee catches up on some sleep after 3 long weekends at the bowl they may be able to post selected scores. The other alternative is to message Murray Spokes for a specific persons results and he may be able to help (Sorry to dob you in Murray!) His total bowling profile is "MWS"
Eric Harrison did mention on the weekend that they are going to try to get the website updated - it may mean paying someone to do so but he is well aware of how many people use the net and how important it is to have results posted. Hopefully this will happen in the not too distant future

come on gary, thats a cop out :D , we all know, your the man when it comes to the numbers. the results were expected and you failed to deliver.

your our "official" rep mate and thats all that matters :p

Back
Top Bottom