country championships

I know that I'm just bringing the same stuff up again but I thought I will put my two bobs in as well.

I'll be honest I never knew this rule existed in country champs. And I definitely don't agree with it. I was watching tv the other night (not a regular occurance for me) and on the show I heard that tenpin bowling is the sixth highest participated sport in the country. And I nearly fell over. When teams aren't filled at emerson or country cup or even state level how is that possible. And with that being the case why are we turning away people who want to participate in a graded event catering for all levels like the country champs?

Would I be assuming right that Horsham, Echuca and Bowl a rama are invited to bowl even though they are not part of the country association which would make them eligible for country cup? Some of these bowlers especially in Horsham and Echuca would not know what it's like to bowl at something like this and I don't think it's fair that the powers that be leave a rule like that in place that prohibits them from having the choice to participate. Who is that a benefit to? Who are we really thinking of? Yes they may apply for an exemption or something of that nature but to some of those bowlers that would turn them off from bothering in the first place.

Maybe the rule has been over looked, and just needs some small changes in the phrasing rather than dropping it all together but I think it's worth having a look at it at the next AGM.

And that is that, like it or lump it people that was my opinion and we are all entitled to one.

my opinion as i love to give it ..... the rule, plain out stupid!! a lot of lifestyle changes can happen in six months, people move, people arrive. for example, if someone from geelong moved to ballarat for work reasons or whateva, the rule says they can't bowl, even though they have been a country member for however long. umm is it just me or is that some pretty ****ed up s**t??

also especially, in my opinion, for a tournament that pretty much is worthless!! city champs, country champs are both the biggest waste of time and money, if u win a teams, ur not the best in the vic country cos not even half of country vic is there. also u get and achieve nothing out of it. if u win, what do u get, a hooray?? not even!! do u win money? nope! do u class urself at the best singles, doubles or teams in country vic?? if ya want, no-one else remembers!! same applies for city champs!!
the only exemption is masters, cos thats a head to head, competetive part of the tournament.

so overall, restricting bowlers for a pointless tournament is ridiculous!!!

Mattie!! :axe:

Would I be assuming right that Horsham, Echuca and Bowl a rama are invited to bowl even though they are not part of the country association which would make them eligible for country cup?
You would be assuming wrong Paige - Of the associations listed only Horsham was invited to compete in the country champs (I am sure that if that is wrong someone will soon correct me)

do u win money? nope!
The winners of each division do win cash Mattie

Whilst winning the country champs does not mean you are best at anything why does that matter? The idea of bowling country champs and city champs is to support the country association and local association. If you win - great - if you don't who cares. Sometimes people just bowl for the FUN of it.

sorry gary, the small amount of money won would not cover travel and accomadation costs for the weekend, but i do understand people enter for fun!
but the point i was trying to cross was why restrict people with the 6 month rule or whateva reasons for a (in my opinion) pointless tournament, if people want to enter for fun reasons or whateva, there should not be any stupid restrictions cos of stupid rules!!!

because all fun is restricted mattie ;)

only select people can enjoy our sport :)

now back to bowling prison i go, and anyone travelling thru geelong on the way to country champs might want to pop in to BOWLARAMA and check out the first kegel lane walker in australia

had a throw on thursday night for a lazy 777/3

sorry gary, the small amount of money won would not cover travel and accomadation costs for the weekend, but i do understand people enter for fun!
but the point i was trying to cross was why restrict people with the 6 month rule or whateva reasons for a (in my opinion) pointless tournament, if people want to enter for fun reasons or whateva, there should not be any stupid restrictions cos of stupid rules!!!
I agree Mattie - money is certainly not an incentive for bowling as it is minimal - i also agree that the 6 month rule is stupid for championships -- but how else can we keep Chandler from bowling -- it really is only in place for him because he never stays anywhere for longer than 6 months :D

lol ur a funny bugger for ur age!!
let him bowl!!! unless anyone is afraid of the small amount of challengers there is!!

So Mattie, why do you bowl Country Cup?

Since you think Country/State championships are "pretty much worthless",

"biggest waste of time and money" and "pointless tournaments".

Country Cup has no prize money! The winning team is not the best in the

Country/State, cause not all bowlers are bowling in it! What do you win?

A medalion and a pat on the back!

Any tournament is worth bowling in to those who wish to paricipate.

Can't believe people belittle tournaments they don't wish to bowl in,

when we struggle to get numbers across the board.

Some rules may suck..... but unless we turn up to AGM's in numbers, they

probably won't change.

jmho

Lisa

I agree with you L G I bowl in the Country Championships as well as other Tournaments including Country Cup because I enjoy bowling and it is not always about the money.....but worth the time and effort just look at the friends you have made from other areas...thats what bowling is all about..

hey lisa,

in reply to ur post, country cup is a completley different level of tournament compared to championships! each team or association has its best bowlers (mostly) and winning that is a pride tournament. yes, it is for no money, and i agree thats not what bowling in these is all about, but the competition in country cup is much greater, its head to head, team vs team, its much more exciting. everyone at least remembers who won in previous years!!

i may have worded my previous posts earlier incorrect when giving my opinion and gotten side tracked a bit, but the point i was trying to convey was why stop people such as craig from bowling? why if u move town 5 months b4 championships or CC, the 'rules' say u cannot bowl, esp in championships which people go to for fun??? thats what i think is stupid!!

Mattie :punk:

That's all good and well mattie, Country Cup, i agree is a great tournament.

You should really bowl championships, bowl All Events and qualify for Masters.

Bowl head to head with most of the higher average bowlers in Country Vic,

that is also an exciting experience.

Looking forward to bowling next weekend. Have never bowled at Colac, and

can't wait to hopefully catch up with people i missed at Country Cup.

As for the rules..... they have most likely been put into place for some reason

dating back years ago, and have never really been looked at, or complained

about..... until now.

Lisa

Good Luck in Colac Lisa, hope u do enjoy, it was weird not seeing a Garioch at country cup but u guys didn't miss much!
i won't be bowling championships but will be bowling melb tenpin cup instead as it is on next weekend as well! but if things change (like i can't afford it as it is bloody dear!!) i may have an attempt at masters as i bowled that last year in warrnambool, came 4th, and enjoyed that part of the tournament!

and to the rules maker people, have an online meeting if ya wanna hear our opinions, cos things need to be changed!!!

Mattie :chair:

Just one more rule to remember Mattie - you cannot just bowl Masters - to qualify for Masters you also have to have an all events for the Championships.

Should be a great Masters final - Kev will definitely have to bowl very well to win. He will also have to beat Merv if he wants to win as Merv is not bowling Melbourne cup now and already has a 695 in the championships and will therefore qualify for the final

might come have a sticky at the kevin wilkins invitational masters next weekend.

hey kev, have you allowed anyone else to qualify???

Known Kev he wont let anyone in just incase he gets bet but i can not see that happin in a while good luck big kev.:)

because all fun is restricted mattie ;)
only select people can enjoy our sport :)
now back to bowling prison i go, and anyone travelling thru geelong on the way to country champs might want to pop in to BOWLARAMA and check out the first kegel lane walker in australia
had a throw on thursday night for a lazy 777/3

Didn't Ed Fleming have one years ago which is at Mentone now:confused:

Back
Top Bottom