Bowling Idols

R

rynzeski

Who is/are your bowling idol(s).
Here is my list:
Paeng Napomoceno - FIQ Bowler of the Millenium.
Tim Mack - Like the way he smashes the pins specially the ones that still standing after the first ball.....:twisted:
Cara Honeychurch - She seems to make this game look easy.
As you can see two of the people in my list are lefties... anyone that balls left handed I idolize. ;)

I'm showing my age here but:

Pro's:
David Ozio - Still one of the smoothest around.
Marshall Holman - probably one of the greatest competitors of all time and also very smooth.
Earl Anthony - nuff said there !!!
Pete Weber - power, spirit & determination personified

Aussies:
Gary Kee - lovely to watch, deceptive power, a shame he doesn't bowl anymore
Barb Richmond - all round nice person and still one hell of a bowler
Terry Wenban - see above

Jason Pearson...the revs that guy gets it so unreal...:D :D :D :D
haha

2 WORDS.....CARL BOTTOMLEY

If you videoed him him throwing 2 shots....youd think it was just a replay.
All round top bloke too
One of the best Australias produced.

My two favourite bowlers are:

Lasse Lintila from Finland

Andrew Frawley from Australia

Both are just awesome to watch!! So smooth & fluent

Tore Torgersen- smooth style, all round nice shot.
Tim Mack- what a tank!!, firey competitor.
Robert Smith- raw power and style in 1 body.

Three:
Pete Weber
Walter Ray Williams jr
Dic Weber
Pete and Walter are excellent to watch and Dic was a legend and always will be.
( Can't put K on the end of Dic or it will be takin out)

Carl Bottomley

I love watching him bowl.

Ive still got the tape of the game where he shot 260+ against Dana Miller Mackie

awesome stuff.

probably the closest theres been to a perfect game on Aussie TV

hes not really an idol but has anyone seen sean rash OMG this guy has the kind of talent a hack like myself dreams about.

he takes out the 2nd pba event he ever bowls in and has an awesome shot

amagill said:
My two favourite bowlers are:
Lasse Lintila from Finland
Andrew Frawley from Australia
Both are just awesome to watch!! So smooth & fluent
Fluent? :confused: The word is FLUID!
Lasse may speak two languages but big Andrew is just a cunning linguist. :p

NO the word IS fluent

FLUENT
1a.Able to express oneself readily and effortlessly: a fluent speaker; fluent in three languages.
b.Flowing effortlessly; polished: speaks fluent Russian; gave a fluent performance of the sonata.
2.Flowing or moving smoothly; graceful: a yacht with long, fluent curves.
3.Flowing or capable of flowing; fluid.

And i must say i have always had a thing for norm duke and tore torgersson:D

Ey all,
My idol is Cara Honeychurch.
Cos she is an awesome bowler, great person and has a awesome style.

Cheers
Felicyti Murphy

Hay

My idol isn't like anyone elses because she's not well known and shes only 15 it would have to my best friend Jodee, she has helped me o much in the past year, and since she has made state she has helped me even more!! But if i had to pick someone it would have to be Cara Honeychurch!!

Luv Chooken

My favourite bowlers to watch are Cara, George and kate W. I like their attitudes and sense of humour on the lanes.

carol gianotti for me.just a great attitude and a style to envy but more so just a genuinely friendly person to talk to

There are too many bowlers to name. From PBA TOUR Professionals right through to amatuer bowlers in league and regardless them of being Internationally based or whether they are home grown talent.
I have love and respect for Carol Gianotti, as a teenager, I was awestruck watching Mark Roth bowl on T.V. and on the odd occassion I could visit the front end of a bowling centre to catch a glimpse of the accuracy and style of Carl Bottomley.
But with all due respect to EVERY bowler, I have a very healthy respect for 3 bowlers, who give up their time for our AMF Richlands juniors, whom aid, advise and strenghten the grass roots of tenpin bowling at our centre.
Katie Wilton....Brian Pilkington and Jason Pearson.

I am certain there are people in bowling centres who don't recieve the recognition they deserve, and it is unfortunate when their hard work is not idolized.

My number one idol in bowling is the legend himself Andrew Frawley a.k.a Frawls :D

Frawls is the one who got me into the great sport of bowling. He inspired me to take my bowling further, and to develop my technique, compete in various tourney and championships, and all-in-all inspire me to bowl. He was the first person to get me going in the game.

Truly a great guy, really down-to-earth and friendly, with a great bowling style, coaching style, and also a good bowling ball driller ;) I'll always remember him being the guy who could bowl and talk on his mobile at the same time :D

I also think highly of many other people in bowling, but there's just too many to mention.

Bubye

Rowey :p

my idol would have to be parker bohn he has so much to offer everyone and he is a great asset to bowling all over the world also.....another one would be slats i dont know y but ive seem to always look up 2 him dont ask me y but i have

Norm Duke
Brian Voss
Pete Weber
Walter Ray
Parker Bohn III

These guys are legends.

But if I had to pick, Norm duke is the one I most admire. He shows us size doesn't matter and he gives it 110% every shot.

Frosty:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom