witch do you prefere track or storm bowling balls

I must say over the last few years storm and track have produced some fine balls...But i agree totally with one of the previous posts you will most likey lean to the brand your local centre sells.. I know i got conned into it :p That is why i will always use columbis gear(sorry) lol....
But like every person has said a ball is a ball its how its drilled and how you want to use it....but companies do make balls for heavy oil and medium oil so thats the guide i use
Cheers

Bowling is an easy game complicated by the individual :p

Bowlin

Bowlin Bowling Bowling Bowling, gotta love bowlin. As in the previous posts, i do agree a ball will do what you want it to do if you get it drilled the right way. I have jsut drilled me up the Mutant, and the CG was on the pin! HAHA. Defective ball, but the things flips liek no other, so it does matter which way you drill it peeps. I am not bias against any company, but everyone is a critic right??? haha. If i had to go with a non-famas company, i would go with Roto-Grip, The Top Fuel, had for 2 months, is by far the best reactive out on the market (NOT PARTICLE). If you dont mind paying a lil more, that ball will work good for heavy heads and flooded backends, just make sure to sand really well. Also, i ahve foudn Dyno-Thane Element a useful tool on the market with much to show with its oil-consuming technology. Anyways, this is a Track and Storm forum. There is no winner in this case, the are bowling ball companies simply competing. Take care and good luck bowling everyone!

BTW The only company that EVER made a ball for left and right handers seperately was Quantum, a devision of Ebonite! hehe.

even though the company doesn't really matter as far as performance goes i still say. STORM is better. Just my opinion :wink: :wink: :wink:

I don't know if this is completly true, and i dont know how Tracks new hook rating works, but i was just surfing the site checking out the balls they have. It came to my attention that had about 3 mid-priced balls, no Low reacting balls, and 1 spare ball. Where as almost every other company i can think of, as balls for when the lanes are totally dry. Like Storm has the Flame/Hit line, Columbia with the Scout line. But i didnt really see a Line from track which was design for light-medium oil. Now i know u can just throw a weaker drilling and some polish on the ball to help out there but thats just how i saw tracks line up. not enough mid-priced, low range balls. I know my love for Storm came when i got the Eraser nearly 2 and half years ago, thought it was the best ball ever, ever since ive been all Storm... Maybe Track could be much bigger abd better if they catered for more then just the professional/high average bowlers.
Just my Opinion...

Later Da Cowman!

I would have to say Track at the moment. From all the brands I have tried Track just seems to work the best for me (and i am a lefty as well). In responce to da_cowman, Track did make a line of smaller hooking balls (Sensor) but this was discontinued. I own two balls from this line and have to say they're awsome to bowl but Track should make some more to cater for different lane conditions and i'll look forward to trying them out :D .

Thats all from me!

I cant wait till you come out here USABowler, unless you throw less than 3 revs, leave the new huge super soakers behind :lol:

USABowler,

Just a little bit of historical trivia.

Quantums were made by BTV (Brunswick Technology Ventures) a division of Brunswick, not Ebonite.

Also, Roto Grip was the first company to make dedicated left and Right handed balls. The original blue Roto Grip came in RH (right hand) and LH (left hand).

Have used Track (was on staff in 2001) and some Storm, and have to say I still prefer Brunswick

haha

Yep, ma bad. Always get that confused. BTW, i have other bowling balls then just "soakers". AKA Storm ShockTrauma. Dont worry buddy, i bowl at a dry house, i know how to play the game. The only way to learn is to learn yoruself or be taught, adn i learned myself why you shouldnt use particle on dry lanes! lol.

LOL, you dont know the meaning of scorched until you come out here :)

well i thought i would throw in my ten cents. :)

I have only been bowling since Jan last year seriuosly, and for about 2 or 3 months before hand having fun.

I have three balls an ebonite, zone, and columbia.

1 ebonite clear skull.
1 speed zone.
1 complete chaos.

Now i do not have a storm or track but to me a ball is just a ball, and polish and drill style and bowling style make all the difference.

The only reason i have a fav brand out of my balls is because i have bowled with it the most and for no other reason. When i get a nwe ball i will look at all brands and see what is around for what i want it to do for my style of bowling, which is fairly aggresive.

:D STORM :D

!! STORM !!........ i have four storm balls love them ..... but track inst to bad it self but neither is anything else.. but i do feel much more confident wit storm :)

Hey

Scorched, yeah, i have been hearing alot about how dry the lanes are out there. But here in the states, we bowl on every condition possible buds. We have sport, you might know what that is, that is the heaviest of all oil conditions. There are also many different patterns within the sport shot. Very interesting. I do play at a dry house and have 3 plastic balls. I use that from time to time. lol. Dont worry, as a bowler, you have to learn to adjust to the lane, and if you can't do that, then you will have many problems being consistent at many houses 8) Its all good though, you learn sumthin new everyday. haha. Good luck bowling and god bless. :p

Umm... I might be totally off the mark here. But I was always under the impression that a sport condition had nothing to do with with how heavy the lane was oiled, it simply meant that the oil ratio from middle to outside could not be greater then 2:1. That was always my understanding of a sport pattern. If im wrong please correct me.

Later Da Cowman!

Sport

Hey,
Sport oil is that, yes. But it is the only pattern in bowling that forces you to throw the exact same shot more than once, during many games. It does not break down easily, but yet pushes oil into the backend the later the game(s) goes on. Sport has many technical features which i am not goign to describe, im still in school typing this and the bell is about to ring so i gotta jet. If anyone wants to chat, jsut IM me on MSN Instant MEssenger at Greerman123. Good luck bowling and have a good one. :p

Hey guys
Thought i might put forward my views.
As far as i was concerned and as far as technology goes, 2 years ago storm was that far ahead of the pack it wasnt funny. However, the pack is now starting to catch up. I do still believe storm consistently produces the best bowling balls around, and has a ball to suit everybodys shot. For instance, i dont believe Columbia Balls suit a stroker, being a stroker myself i find columbia bowling balls extremely hard to rev, and see this also from other strokers in my centre. The Brunswick Zone range tends to suit a strokers shot, as do most ebonite balls. Personally, ive never used a track. I have alot of friends who have purchased tracks and been dissapointed to say the least, and becos of this have not been game to purchase one. In my eyes, storm has been continually producing the best balls for any shot and as long as i keep scoring with storm equipment, i'll keep buying it. In saying that, i guess it all comes down to what suits u!!!
:p :D Dan :D :p

Track at the moment, with a bit of Columbia about to be mixed in. Probably one of the few guys that have limited success with Storm, more due to not getting drillings/surfaces right than bad balls though.

Eraser said:
Hey guys
Thought i might put forward my views.
As far as i was concerned and as far as technology goes, 2 years ago storm was that far ahead of the pack it wasnt funny. However, the pack is now starting to catch up. I do still believe storm consistently produces the best bowling balls around, and has a ball to suit everybodys shot. For instance, i dont believe Columbia Balls suit a stroker, being a stroker myself i find columbia bowling balls extremely hard to rev, and see this also from other strokers in my centre. The Brunswick Zone range tends to suit a strokers shot, as do most ebonite balls. Personally, ive never used a track. I have alot of friends who have purchased tracks and been dissapointed to say the least, and becos of this have not been game to purchase one. In my eyes, storm has been continually producing the best balls for any shot and as long as i keep scoring with storm equipment, i'll keep buying it. In saying that, i guess it all comes down to what suits u!!!
:p :D Dan :D :p

hmm, im going to have to disagree about the storm being ahead of the pack, about that time there was a big explosion of storm equipment out here for sure, but it was around then when columbia was introducing it's tec2 coverstock in the rock and the megatec coverstock in the reaction series of balls. Brunswick bought out the monster series with the Proactive ETX coverstock (im pretty sure brunswick actually have the pattent for Proactive) and track released the EMB line. I think alot of the problem is it usually takes awhile for the next best thing to filter through into the country, usually the hottest thing on the market is the company who has the most attractive range of balls (visually) and the better pricing range. People seem to be willing to give something new a go if they arent blowing huge amounts of cash on something they arent too sure if it will work for them. I would be interested in having a little look into the problems you are finding with columbia gear, it would have been good to have a look at the conditions bowled on, the release and just what coverstocks and drillings were being used. Ive had a roll with the newer columbia proactives and i find it is really a struggle to get them to sit up and roll consistent without fresh conditions. That isnt so much a ball problem, but rather a bad ball choice, if you dont have the oil it's like throwing against a brick wall, you just cant seem to get it out far enough.

Anyways, as you said, each to his own, what ever works for you is the best choice reguardless of manufacturer's :D

Back
Top Bottom