Tornament Bowling in Qld

graham i am not saying that at all.. but if amf put in more then what the lane revenue was then why is the cost for the tourneys so hi??

as people said about $250 for a tourney is crazy prices especially when you say that amf put in that much..

I think mary has showed that if you have a lower cost for people to bowl you will get more bowlers. if you drop the prices you will get alot more bowlers turning up to bowl.. they know that the chance of them getting money is slim to none but the cost is not that hi that htey can test there skill agains the best there is. I know i am in that category. for me to cash in a scratch tourney a maricle has to happen but i would love to bowl in every tourney i can just to improve and to bowl against the best i can.. but i will neve bowl in a tourney that is asking me to pay exorbident fees for no real incentive..

And to jase you know just once in a while you might find some one that is in the sport for the betterment of the sport not jjust for making money out of it.. That is a novel idea isn it.. I am sure that if you look around enough and can promise the right results centres will do some thing drastic with cost lowering,

and no you might not get every one bowling there in league or practise. but if a centre can put on a tourny to be remembered and that gets its biut in the spot light then i am sure that they will make money out of the exposure.. And if enough people push it right a big tourney will get that exposure. And that would start the way to the better ment of our sport.

you say that you would not run at cost for 3 days in your business. but if you new that if you did so for whatever reasonit will be for the betterment of you r business/industry i am sure you would do what you can...

and you are right an independant committe needs to run/organise these things. You gonna put your hand up for that???

tony goodwin i am not disagreeing with you but you said whats the use of putting in more money then what it cost..

Well is that not what is called sponsorship? If you dont want to do it cause on that logic you would be no more in the future. then why would you expect other copmpanies to sponsor/throw money at tourneys???

As i said above the betterment of our sport..

we need sponsorship for our sport thats the big deal.. how many people are serious about chasing that up for tourneys for our state teams for our national teams????

Chucky said:
graham i am not saying that at all.. but if amf put in more then what the lane revenue was then why is the cost for the tourneys so hi??
as people said about $250 for a tourney is crazy prices especially when you say that amf put in that much..

Why don’t you go back and read what Tony has written he has just answered your question in his post maybe you don’t understand the concept of money at all.

Chucky said:
I think mary has showed that if you have a lower cost for people to bowl you will get more bowlers. if you drop the prices you will get alot more bowlers turning up to bowl.. they know that the chance of them getting money is slim to none but the cost is not that hi that htey can test there skill agains the best there is. I know i am in that category. for me to cash in a scratch tourney a maricle has to happen but i would love to bowl in every tourney i can just to improve and to bowl against the best i can.. but i will neve bowl in a tourney that is asking me to pay exorbident fees for no real incentive..

Mary has had alot of success with her circuit! Not only for the sake of lowering the costs, but also because of the handicap situation. It’s not all about lowering cost. I am sure if they gave you 60 pins a game against the likes of the so called better players than you would also show up to that event pay your 250 entry, to have a crack at $2500.00 so it’s not all about lowering the cost.

Chucky said:
And to jase you know just once in a while you might find some one that is in the sport for the betterment of the sport not jjust for making money out of it.. That is a novel idea isn it.. I am sure that if you look around enough and can promise the right results centres will do some thing drastic with cost lowering,
and no you might not get every one bowling there in league or practise. but if a centre can put on a tourny to be remembered and that gets its biut in the spot light then i am sure that they will make money out of the exposure.. And if enough people push it right a big tourney will get that exposure. And that would start the way to the better ment of our sport.
you say that you would not run at cost for 3 days in your business. but if you new that if you did so for whatever reasonit will be for the betterment of you r business/industry i am sure you would do what you can..

What a marvel idea! Gee wish i thought of that one! When i am looking at wanting to have a permanent holiday from my business, i will take you great advice and open my doors at cost for a while, and when the creditors are knocking at my doors asking me what happened i can tell them this guy called chucky had this brainwave of an idea to tell me its for the good of my one off customers and i would let me quote him" be remembered and that gets its bit in the spot light then i am sure that they will make money out of the exposure" but sorry i couldn’t pay my bills!!

Chucky said:
and you are right an independant committe needs to run/organise these things. You gonna put your hand up for that???

Why are your hands stuck in the down position?????????

I for one do my bit for the sport more than i really need to but i will say this with the right group of guys/ladies i would definitely look into it if asked

Jase said:
Why don’t you go back and read what Tony has written he has just answered your question in his post maybe you don’t understand the concept of money at all.
jase i was writing my post when tony wrote his. so i did not know what he wrote. And i have a great conept of money as a part time worker studying full time. And the amount i spend on this sport is crazy.. but i love it so i do it.
Jase said:
Mary has had alot of success with her circuit! Not only for the sake of lowering the costs, but also because of the handicap situation. It’s not all about lowering cost. I am sure if they gave you 60 pins a game against the likes of the so called better players than you would also show up to that event pay your 250 entry, to have a crack at $2500.00 so it’s not all about lowering the cost.
and yes mary has had alot of success. But her tourney is done aimed at lower avg bowlers so she gives thm habdicap. I dont want tourneys to go handicap so people get more of a chance to win the big stuff. Scratch tourneys show off peoples hard earnd skills. and gives them a chance to show why they are the best. If things went handicapped then the tournament system is going further down the gurgler. LOL
Jase said:
the likes of the so called better players than you
what do think i am good? just look at the results of every scratch tourney i have bowled in.. 90% of the time i come last or close to it. but i still keep coming back.
Jase said:
What a marvel idea! Gee wish i thought of that one! When i am looking at wanting to have a permanent holiday from my business, i will take you great advice and open my doors at cost for a while, and when the creditors are knocking at my doors asking me what happened i can tell them this guy called chucky had this brainwave of an idea to tell me its for the good of my one off customers and i would let me quote him" be remembered and that gets its bit in the spot light then i am sure that they will make money out of the exposure" but sorry i couldn’t pay my bills!!
Jase i am not telling you to take a holiday i am talking about the betterment of a sport or just the betterment of something in gerneral... And if running at cost for 3 days makes you bankrupt and have the crediters coming after you then you obviously dont run a good/smart business. And before you start going on about me having no idea about a business i am a director of a business to.. i know how things go... :)
And you know money is not the be all and end all of everything. You dont have to make money out of everything.. sometime you have to take a hit now for things to be better in the future.
Jase said:
Why are your hands stuck in the down position?????????
I for one do my bit for the sport more than i really need to but i will say this with the right group of guys/ladies i would definitely look into it if asked
no if i was asked or it was put to me i would love to help out for somthing like that. I have been on committes before and done my share for soccer too, been on club commitees, senoir state comitees and deligates, but i will always do more if i can.
and i know you help out alot jase but people can always do more.

Chucky said:
no if i was asked or it was put to me i would love to help out for somthing like that. I have been on committes before and done my share for soccer too, been on club commitees, senoir state comitees and deligates, but i will always do more if i can.
and i know you help out alot jase but people can always do more.

Go right ahead son you sound as thoiugh you have thought it all through!
With your ideas i wish bowling in Qld all the best

CHUCKY - here are a few things u should now -
BOWLING CENTRE ARE THERE TO MAKE MONEY !!!! NOT TO BETTER TOURNAMENT BOWLING.
TOURNAMENT BOWLERS MAKE UP ABOUT 10% OF ALL BOWLERS SO WHY WOULD CENTRES CATER FOR 10%.
and as for jason pearson here are somethings u should now about him before u start anything that could hurt queensland bowling-
PEARSON AUTOMOTIVE SPONSORS THE SPORT SERIES AS WELL AS MARY'S TWIN TOUR AND THE LADIES CLASSIC, what we don't need is for someone like you to get on an open forum and stuff this up!!!!!!!

Jase said:
Go right ahead son you sound as thoiugh you have thought it all through!
With your ideas i wish bowling in Qld all the best

ok were did i go on about i know everything and have all the ideas. i put my thoughts forward and you shoot them doen in a blaze of glory. sorry for trying to be proactive. i Said that i would be on a committee and you say that... no wonder bowling is going down in qld with the attitude of people like u shooting anyones ideas in the foot. I dont say that my ideas are perfect but atleast i am trying to put something forward.

Instead off beeing a pompos stuckup bowler that looks negativly on every comment that any one says on these forums why not try and do things positivly.. i see more bitch fests caused on here cause your smart arse comments that are nearly always negative then any one else. Why the attitude?? your no better then any one else!!!

and BFCC i am not attacking Jase. i know what he does. i do bowl int these things. and i do know that he does alot.. i am not arguing that..

brcc said:
TOURNAMENT BOWLERS MAKE UP ABOUT 10% OF ALL BOWLERS SO WHY WOULD CENTRES CATER FOR 10%.
maybe there lies the problem with bowling in australia??

I am not trying to ruin things here.. i just put a few ideas forward first. thats all.. the rest have been my responces to jases comments.. thats all

and bfcc isnt this an open foprum for people to talk??? or is that another liberty that we have lost in this world??

and BFCC i am not attacking Jase
ok so u say your not attacking jase???
Instead off beeing a pompos stuckup bowler that looks negativly on every comment that any one says on these forums why not try and do things positivly.. i see more bitch fests caused on here cause your smart arse comments that are nearly always negative then any one else. Why the attitude?? your no better then any one else!!!
well that looks like an attack to me and yes this is a public forum but idiots like u need to think about what u post before u post !!!! your comments coiuld end up costing bowling in queensland a sponsor !!!!

uptill that post there was nothing aimed at jase.

and i am sure that jase is a big enough person not to take this to heart and if heis then i appologize.

Now lets let this forum get back to what it is aimed at shall we.

Chucky said:
and i am sure that jase is a big enough person not to take this to heart and if heis then i appologize.
Now lets let this forum get back to what it is aimed at shall we.

Yes Chucky Jase is big enough and has on many occasions turned a blind eye to things on this forum. It would seem that your both very passionate about Tenpin bowling in Qld.

I think we all agree that there still needs to be money in it for the Bowling alleys to hold Tornaments. Now I think with a good Game rate and 1 big sponsor, there could be room for an Annual Cup in Qld every year.
How to get this big sponsor???????

Well said Steve...and im doing my best.

Ive put forth 2 ideas to columbia 300

One short term....one long term..

Hopefully things will turn out for the good.In the meantime can we just stick by the AMF circuit... so it too doesnt get the ax

Back
Top Bottom