State Of Origin

well finch showed his doubters including me ;)

I know im biased but what a game Steve Menzies had 30 tackles and was in everything he even made a solid run the play before finch kicked the field goal.

Easy Tiger said:
And here I was thinking you were sensible :p

There is no Johns (retired), no Fittler (retired), no Minichello, no Gower, Buderus unlikely to start, Tahu under fitness concerns... Selectors went for their fourth ranked halfback...Not looking good for NSW!

All those setbacks and we still won, despite having the worst set of halves imaginable.

I am sensible :D

Easy Tiger said:
And as for Feral, well, you can watch in another room. This is QUEENSLAND, and I make the rules for Origin!!!
There is no Johns (retired), no Fittler (retired), no Minichello, no Gower, Buderus unlikely to start, Tahu under fitness concerns... Selectors went for their fourth ranked halfback...Not looking good for NSW!
Yep Tim, watched in another room but the result was the same :cool:
As I said previously, they could have played Willy Mason at halfback but instead put in a "dodgy" replacement in Finch and turned up with an injury riddled heap of crocks and still won just shows where commitment and talent lie ;) Imagine what the result of game 2 will be if they pick fit players and their 3rd ranked halfback next time!! Don't think Lang Park will be a sell out though I hope it is. We need water up here and all the tears from crying, weepy eyed cane toads might help green the place up a bit.:)

Feral

Lang Park is always a sellout because up here we like to support our teams!

I have to say that the inexperience showed in the Queensland lineup, their defense was not up to scratch in the first half, nor was their ability to anticipate the opposition. This comes with experience, and I think that with the close result last night, and the fantastic fightback and spirit showed by Queensland, that's a dangerous sign for any NSW team.

Once Queensland learn that the only way to beat the Blues is to get them running and throw the ball around, bringing the centres and wingers into play, then they will be a force. For the last 5 years QLD have tried the same plan of playing from the ruck, going up the middle, offloading, its doesn't work against a forward pack like NSW has. Throw the ball around, and you'll quickly expose them, as they finally showed in the second half, when they outscored the Blues 16-3.

As for the field goal.. well.. where was the line runner from the Maroons.. not good anticipation at all. Noone even made an attempt at a charge down, and there was time to make that attempt if they had been ready, as they should have been with two minutes to go.

NSW certainly isn't out of the woods yet, I'm still tipping a QLD series win :D

Some happy snaps for all the Maroons out there...

Owilliemasonscores_gallery__470x293.jpg

Omattkingscores_gallery__470x306.jpg

Owned by Brett Finch of all people!
brettfinch_gallery__470x324.jpg

Grothe should have received man of the match for this...
Ogroethehodgesfight_gallery__382x400.jpg

Ninja299 said:
:( put ure car ure house everything you have on QLD now
Groper Gower is out and with Orford being injuired finch will now be playing halfback for the blues.
sad sad day for NSW fans we are going to get smashed with these two rooster myths as our playmakers.

Gosh! aren't you glad you didn't put your car/house & everything you have on qld?

Gotta love them BLUES!!:rolleyes:

Menzies is not that great Cam, get over it... Or ask him to marry you, whichever you feel is best.

Hayley said:
Menzies Rocks.....Finch is a champion. Bring on No 2
spot on about the beaver
hes a champion of the highest level

off topic it will be great to see the great man play his 300th game this sunday

Cam, no reply too my post ehh.... I take that too mean your gonna pop the question with a giant banner on sunday then???

Troy said:
Cam, no reply too my post ehh.... I take that too mean your gonna pop the question with a giant banner on sunday then???
now mr troy if we want to start personal attacks lets talk about a bowler who doesnt make it to his presentation because at 5pm in the arvo he has thrown up all over himself and passed out because he was smashed already ;)

thats my defination of SOFT.

Haha Cam now whats that got to do with State of Origin. I assure you the races were much more fun than the bowl breakup. The recovery period afterwards, however, was not.

Ninja299 said:
:( put ure car ure house everything you have on QLD now
Groper Gower is out and with Orford being injuired finch will now be playing halfback for the blues.
sad sad day for NSW fans we are going to get smashed with these two rooster myths as our playmakers.
i feel so vindicated right now

Finch and Anasta would have to be the most inept NSW half combination i have ever seen and ive been watching origin since 1981. You can clearly see why the rooters wont make the 8 for the second season in a row.

Pathetic and they werent helped out from a forward pack who underachieved.

Back
Top Bottom