should shield become u/23

I personally think that the idea of having a shield-like squad for the 18-23's would be a great idea.
maybe to have the trials for this a month or two after rachuig trials, which would then give the youths a shot at trying for rachuig, and if they don't make the squad, then they would have another shot at representing their state in a national competition.
i'm all for it.

that's all for now.

Well I am all up for it if they bring in the idea!! Especially if it is FIQ format as was mentioned!

Jess, our team might not actually be that bad hey
icon_biggrin.gif
Talk to you soon dude.

hey all

Oh Guys,
"Be good to give Central an Ass Kicking"
Matty O.

Come on now look at the team belmo mentioned and that team doesnt even include Glen Loader or Matt Sofia.
Leave shield as Under 18's, but i would love a Under 23's Shield be just like old times. Victoria would always be below NSW on the Map and in the Postions. hahah
icon_smile.gif

Hey guys,

Yeah i agree with nearly everyone on here, shield should stay as under 18. Although i would love to play with/against some of the peoples that are now too old it just wouldn't be the same. And as many people have pointed out, some of the younger juniors would get disheartened.

And to all the people who think that any team even has a chance of coming close to beating an under 23 Central team i think you need a good smack in the head. AS IF!! Those blokes would blow the lanes apart leaving everyone else for dead.

P.S. Leave the vics alone, there's nothing wrong with being a victorian!!
icon_razz.gif

Lauren

and juniors who are competing against better youth players will only up the bar in what juniors are trying to achieve

I believe craig sed this earlier on, and although he makes a good piont, id love to able to compete against all the top quality bolwers that r now Youth, but if it was Youth i simply wouldnt have made the team to be able to do this, so really the juniors rnt getting the 'upping of the bar' because they rnt making the state team because of the Youth bowlers already in thier area. So lets keep it under 18's for the sake of the 14-15 yrs old getting in the teams for the firt time and hopefully stayign with this sport for a long time to come.

Later Da Cowman

In my opinion i believe the fairest idea that would cater for junior and youth bowlers alike would be to create a seperate under 23's shield tournament,kinda like a national youth FIQ.This then would allow youth bowlers to continue to bridge the huge gap from youth to adult without falling of the band wagon because the pressure to even cut in adult tournaments is to great.Juniors, then still have the privelage of making their representative side,gaining valued expierience,and having a blast at the same time.Incorperating the youth circuit is an excellent idea and has been a long time coming although coming from a womans point of view i still believe there should be a seperate womans division, but thats another issue altogether.

Oh yeah just one more thing :regarding Belmos's quote "Little,Warner,Lean,Fraz and urself" im going to be a little biased and add Simbo to the list.I hope you dont mind.To anyone who wants to argue that central wouldnt win hands down,Who are you kidding? Knowone would even come close,sorry guys.

and id have to argee.......And to those who appose....
Our bench would still win HAHA
icon_smile.gif

laaaaaaaaaTer

yeah and i think if phil worked hard to get his game back to what it once was during his three yrs of sheild he would definatley make it in that group too
also with the girls that were in sheild such as sandy, amanda, michelle H etc th gals team would kick ass too.
well yeah thats all from me
cheers luv shellby xoxoxoxo

icon_smile.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_wink.gif
icon_razz.gif

i would have to agree with everyone else. leave shield at under 18!!! if need be have a youth division. im sure there would be plenty of youth bowlers who would participate. it is a huge step going from shield into rachuig, and alot of junior bowlers give up because its a scary step. i think if there was a youth division, we may be able to keep youth bowling alive!!!
how would they have the teams tho? would it be just one team for each state? i think thats all there could be!!!

seeya round

I'd have no chance in ever making the team if it was under 23s it would be cool when im ova 18 but thered be no point in having juniors if it was under 23s because the youth ppl would all make it!

i think there does need to be some kind of youth state team, sure 4 the east coast there is east coast cup but 4 the rest of the country there is nuffin and alot of people on the east coast arent willing 2 change to GSTBA otherwise im sure id see many more youth faces at roll-offs. anyway thats my 2cents worth
catch yas later
love loz
icon_cool.gif

To Belmo and Jez,

Although your career acheivements seem very good for your "personal" bowling life, you will find that Victoria is always well known for its "team lifting" performances.

I say bring on the friendly rivalry, providing the word friendly is always around when trying to stir up the other team :^)

I do believe Central had an 'UNBEATABLE' team in the 2000 Pres Shield I think consisting of Jez, Belmo, Frazi, Warner & co played a little team named Victoria 1st game. the result 4 head-to-head points and overall to victoria.
icon_eek.gif

Don't get me wrong, you guys are amesome, but our depth has incresed no end. Believe me, we would give you all a run for your money.
icon_wink.gif

C YAS ALL AT AO!!!!

being an ex junior and representing my association and trying out for state, I believe that either they change it to under 23 or introduce a tournament for under 25s at the adult nationals.

I find that a lot of juniors think going into seniors is a "too hard basket" and won't get in and have a go. If there was like a transition period between juniors and seniors I reckon we would keep a lot of our up and coming bowlers who have turned 18.

Just a thought........

hey all
i think you should leave it u/18's and if the put another sheild in they should make it u/23 because that way the juniors and the youth bowlers have a chance to mix and meet other ppl so there transition to youth and then to adults is made even easier well that is just what i think they should do if they are gonna change it but it is good to hear what other ppl think... also with what someone was saying then the jouniors have something to reach for lift the bar as it has been put.
well thats all BEE

Back
Top Bottom