Sale Tenpin Cup 1st $1000 Guaranteed

grumpie

Hi all,
Sale Tenpin Cup is being held on the 9th & 10th July.
After a very successful tournament last year, this year's is going to be bigger and better.

With minor changes to the format being 8 games of qualifying and cutting to the top 10 for each category. The final then being 9 games of match play and no step ladder. These changes are based on the feedback from the bowlers.

We would like to welcome our sponsors for this year and hope that the bowlers support the following:

Storm Bowling Australia
Hacienda International Motor Inn - Phone 5144 1422

Still waiting on confirmation of another large sponsor at this stage which will possibly make a difference to the payouts. :p :p ;)

Due to this, entry forms have not been finalised yet but we will have them out to centres ASAP.

Entry fee is $140. Squad times for the 9th July are A squad - 9:15 am check in, B squad - 2:15 pm check in and C squad - 7:15 pm check in.

Any enquiries, please contact me here or at the bowl on 5144 5800.

Gunther

hey carmers

remember the last game at shepparton last year, well it will be like the first at sale

unless grumpie gets it changed

Hello,

It has been a long time since i bowled in Sale, but can you please enter me into B squad.

Thanks

paul reus
BH (03) 9501 5147

Craig,
We will be looking at the oil patten, last year we did consult kegal but obviously it wasn't quite right for the centre.Due to the big backends we have, i think we need more length and more reverse. Believe it or not there was 40 feet of oil there with a good amount on the heads and mid lane. Maybe you would like to come down one day and throw your sugestions forward. :cool: :cool:
We will listen and we are trying to make this tournament one that every body wants to bowl in. 20% more oil in the right areas is not out of the question but it has to be in the right areas. ;) ;)

Paul i will put you down for B Squad.

I will be back again this year. But we do need alot more oil or try and stop it from soaking through the lane. I recon go 50ft and don't use an oiling machine use a bucket and mop. :D

Jedi,
The lanes got a recoat in november/ december so this should help lots.
Craig the bucket and mop sounds like a good idea :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

Hey Grumpie

What is the go with the self portrait - Never seen you look so good

Need to check and see If I am free that weekend

don't worry wozza, if your not free, you come cheap anyway, the extra 10 i donate should be enough to get you there

that'll buy 4 pots on saturday night

if that was 40 feet, that was the hugest back end i have ever seen, sounds like the oil was cut out too short, thus having a very thin and long section of midlane buff

with todays technology your still going to get hook, off a few units of oil, so even if it looks to be there, it plays as though it isn't

but i will email you some suggestions and might make a road / fishing trip prior

put me down on the basis, that i believe that you will do your best to improve it from last year, probably drag porto and taafie down for the weekend too, get back to you on that

Woza , it makes me look good in the pic ;)
Hope you and some others make the very short journy down here . Jason did alright last year.

Craig if you make the trip down i might haveto dust my rods off and do some fishing with ya.

Storm bowling has donated an Xfactor Ace as a door prize. so all entries will go into the hat. The catch is that you must be there when the draw is done after the match play final.

I give you a tip Craig - Have been fishing down that way for the last 3 weekends and have been getting my bag limit before lunchtime. Even managed to clean up a roo as well.

So if the bowling is no good - we can always go fishing at least you know that they will be bitin

Yeah Grumpie Jase did alright last year and hopefully we can get a few more down there this year

grumpie

if you already have an x factor ace, can you win a door instead ??? or maybe the hat its drawn out of ;)

and does that mean if i dont cut, i can pop back in late sunday arvo after doing more fishing ???

wozza

bag limit by lunch, thats ok, i'll get a bigger bag :D

Im up for it, even though i have never bowled at Sale. The ace is probably the only storm ball out at the mo that I don't own. lol.

Put me down for B squad. Thanks
Andrew Tonkin.

p.s. please put some bloody oil down, every time I go back to Gippsland there is no oil, and the backends are booming!!! (GO MORWELL) :cool: :cool: :cool:

craig said:
but i will email you some suggestions and might make a road / fishing trip prior

Just a warning fella's, I've been fishing with this bloke and after the last Murray Cod that Craig caught and relased (or was it the Murray Cod that caught him), it might be better for you to just challenge him on the lanes not the water. Just remember there was blood drawn :p

Rob

As Grumpie is not able to get back on line for a while, I guess I will have to cover for him :confused:

Craig - don't know if we can spare a door but we can certainly provide you with a bag :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

IF you don't make the cut but pop back in at the finish then you are eligible for the prize.

Tonx - you have been added to B squad. We will start posting squads later in the week to give everybody an idea of numbers.

Rob - thanks for the warning ;)
Liz

It's interesting to hear the amount of people talking about the lack of oil on the lanes last year. I was playing straight up the gutter and I found it quite fair possibly because I was using a ball that was 2 years old that was totally polished.

Maybe some of the bowlers that are asking for more oil should bring "older" equipment just in case there ISN'T oil on the lanes. Or perhaps Australian tournament bowlers are "lulled" into thinking there should be 6000 units of oil (I'm being sarcastic) on the lanes every time they bowl in a tournament and forget that some bowling centres react differently to different oil patterns. From my experience, bowling in tournaments that have only oiled 1 time per day (over 3 squads), I found myself standing in front of the ball return, lofting it over the left gutter (I'm right handed) and hitting the 5th arrow. In Australia, I've never had play farther left than 3rd or 4th arrow because the amount of oil applied to lanes during tournaments. In my opinion, adjusting to the oil patterns (no matter what amount of oil) is what the SPORT of bowling is all about and that's what makes it interesting!

Just some food for thought!

Can you add Chris Mesagno and Paul Francis to B squad please?

Keep up the good work Sale Cup Coordinators, you are doing a great job organising and getting sponsors!! Thanks and can't wait to see what the oil pattern is like this year!

chris

STEROID said:
From my experience, bowling in tournaments that have only oiled 1 time per day (over 3 squads), I found myself standing in front of the ball return, lofting it over the left gutter (I'm right handed) and hitting the 5th arrow. In Australia, I've never had play farther left than 3rd or 4th arrow because the amount of oil applied to lanes during tournaments.
chris

Jesus, that would of had to have been quite dry, i can only imagine how difficult it would have been for guys that don't throw at the speed of light, straight down the lanes like yourself!!! lol.

The only complaint i had with total lack of oil was that I was using an old AMF XS (the grey one) and I was getting burn marks in the coverstock... If I had been using something newer, it would have rendered the ball useless by the end of the tournament. More oil = less burn marks!!!!! :D :D :D

Chris - have put you and Paul down for B Squad. Good to see that the defending champion will be present this year. :D

You also brought up a very good point. Before coming to Sale, our home centre was Chadstone. When we came down here, I found that none of my equipment (which only consisted of 3 balls) worked very well on the timber lanes. We both got the Savage Flip which is getting the job done for us. Quite a few of the other here have the Savage Flip now with good results. However, the only other centre I can pull that ball out at is Morwell otherwise I have to rely on my Storm when I bowl in Melbourne.

So make sure you think about what equipment you bring down with you.....

Onto a more important issue, I can't confirm yet but this substancial sponsorship deal is really looking positive. Just one more hurdle to overcome next week and then hopefully we can make a public announcement.

Liz

Back
Top Bottom