National Youth Teams Challenge 07

To the people saying "Juniors are allowed to bowl in Youth tournaments, so let them bowl YTC"... Tournaments where you're bowling for yourself are a totally different situation to bowling for your state.

If juniors want to compete against the Youth then they can go bowl in one of the many singles Youth tournaments around this country!!!!

Sarah, Sally, and others are right - its a totally different environment with an underage person in the team. Would a team dinner go from a good feed and a couple of drinks, to a Happy Meal and a glass of cordial?? :p

YTC is only starting to get off the ground... Let it grow a bit more and become more stable before making some changes to it. Youth definitely isn't broke, so please don't try and fix it!!!!

There is only one thing wrong with this decision and that is that they should have changed this rule last year so I could have bowled lol.

This is a great step forward for both National Youth Teams Challenge and for the Youth bowling in Australia. Unfortunately with recent changes to the ASC funding and many other reasons Australia will no longer be sending a team to the Asian Schools Championships which leaves nothing for us juniors to strive for until making a national youth team other than Junior All stars and Masters (been there, done that lol) What else is there for us .... NOTHING. Allowing juniors to bowl or more to the point removing the minimum age barrier opens up a lot more opportunities for this tournament inculding one thing we may look forward to in the future is having YTC as a national ranked event.

This next statement may offend some bowlers but it needs to be said, the National Youth Teams Challenge is meant to be the show case of Youth within Australia we don’t want bowlers just making the team because they make up the numbers, if there are good bowlers that are younger that can make the team .... Let them!! so that it truly is the strongest Youth team your state has to offer. For those lower average bowlers who can’t make youth because the juniors are "better" than them and think that juniors should not be aloud to take their spots it the team if that’s what they think a state team is about go bowl De Veer while you still can.

For those of you saying that there will be a problem with the older bowlers going out and younger bowlers not being aloud to. In 2007 I will most likely have 3 juniors with me in my team (although you never know) and I will be more than happy to stay with them AS A TEAM while we are in camp the way a state team should be. To answer the comments about wanting to go out to clubs after bowling and the younger bowlers not being able to....

I always thought of bowling as a sport, making us athletes, maybe we should start acting like them.

Michael Craig.

ok, so i read what craigy wrote, and even though im extreamly tired right now - i completely agree with it.

You will find that there are also juniors out there who want to move on from sheild earlier as it isnt the competition they require anymore. It is true, i myself would have loved to bowl YTC this year, i mean, im from NSW Central and, this year, the girls had to draft to fill the team! Why not use good bowlers from your own state if you can, especially where in some cases it may very well be benificial.

In regards to juniors treading on youths turf, put it this way - Are some adults threatened by youth?? of course - but they dont stop them from bowling in their tournaments or TEAMS, as they know that it is whats best for the TEAM. So if there is a worry that youth bowlers will be threatened by juniors, expect it to happen in some cases, but dont doubt the willingness of some juniors to perform and prove a point - that some are just that good.

And on a smaller note - craigy, i think we do know lol.

Personally I don't agree with the change. I believe that youth should have stayed between 18-23 but not so much because of the bowling aspect (abilities, expereince or whatever reason) but because of the difference in life experience. This has been touched on with reference to pokies, clubs, alcohol etc but it is more than that. If I compare who I am now than 3-5 years ago when I was 15-17 I know that life has brought about greater experiences, responsibilities and most importantly maturity. Its a fact of life the older we get the more mature we become through what we have learned. And I don't mean to offend juniors but I know that for that 1 week of Youth I enjoy the social interaction with other Youths than I would with juniors because it is more likely that I will have a better time because we are all at similar stages in our lives that transition from legally being labelled an adult to growing and becoming one.
A bit long winded I know but this is my opinion and is not meant to offend anyone. My first two years of bowling Youth were great but I have to say upon hearing this age change it feels a part of the driving force behind bowling Youth has diminshed and I doubt that it will return as a result. None the less I will be trying out when the time comes around and hopefully I'll make the team again.
Thanks for reading.
Cheers,
Bobba

i know that this has been said before...but im gonna say it again.... let the juniors have their tournaments, let the youth have theirs and then leave the adults for thier ones... it doesnt matter if ure a junior and ure an excellent bowler.... but let the youth have thier own tournaments to themselves as they dont want little juniors hanging aroung them... i know if i was in youth i would certainly be annoyed at that... but anyway!! just leave the rules the way they are and everyone should be fine!! just look at the past... no one got really pissed off at the juniors, youth and adults age restrictions did they??

thats all for now...

Melly xoxo

When i first heard the news, i thought this was great. Ment i could try for youth if i wanted to. I was excited by the idea.

After reading peoples responses my views have changed. As a junior i think its important(after hearing the views from youth players) to let the youth have their own tournaments and let the juniors have theirs.

I wont be trying for the youth team untill im 18

read what ppl have said and listen to the kids when they are bowling and all i can say is the youth bowlers dont mind if the younger bowlers bowl in the tornies but not to try out for the youth teams because it is hard enough for the boys now to make it when so many from nsw are trying out and there is on 4 boys who make it let the younger ones try out for their age group or make it the youth can try out for theirs as well be fair to the youth its hard enough now for them ....ok had my say

Back
Top Bottom