Funniest Bowling Moments

The other night.. i saw Mark Sheehan leave the 4-6-7-10.. he went for the 10 pin adn it went in the gutter then bounced out n hit the 6 pin over to the 4-7- and knock em down.. was rather funny an rather good :p

A social bowler from Orange through his ball onto the left-hand bumper, bounced it to the lane next to him and got a strike. Also, my mate bowled at a 6 pound that got stuck down the end of the lane and only took out the 1 and 5 pins. That's just some i can think of. :lol: :p

Oh, there was this time at fairlanes, Mitch "The Animal" Edom hurled his ball down the lane, missed the pin, the ball hit something, bounced straight up, hit the pinspotter and took a chunk outta his ball. Was pretty funny, but for mitch i dont think so

Orange this year...Matt Sing bowled whilst there was a pin in the gutter, the ball fell into the gutter, hit the pin which bounced up into the masking unit and put a huge hole in it. It was really loud, at first we thought a pin had been broken, and all Matt could do was sit calmly down in his chair and acted as though nuthin happened!

JeN_JeN said:
Orange this year...Matt Sing bowled whilst there was a pin in the gutter, the ball fell into the gutter, hit the pin which bounced up into the masking unit and put a huge hole in it. It was really loud, at first we thought a pin had been broken, and all Matt could do was sit calmly down in his chair and acted as though nuthin happened!

HAHAHA omg, is that ture? funny. i love taking the 6-9 out of a full deak, always seams to make me laugh.

Ash

Peanut said:
JeN_JeN said:

HAHAHA omg, is that ture? funny. i love taking the 6-9 out of a full deak, always seams to make me laugh.

Ash

I took the 6-9 outta a full deck THREE times at Perth Cup this year. Doing it once was funny, doing it three times is just sad :( :cry:

JeN_JeN said:

also well done to matt as he spared the 2 4 7 when the ball hit the pin and bounched back onto the lane

Murderdoll said:
I took the 6-9 outta a full deck THREE times at Perth Cup this year. Doing it once was funny, doing it three times is just sad :( :cry:

And they were the some of the best 2-counts I've ever seen heheheh j/k :p

mikel_craig said:
JeN_JeN said:

also well done to matt as he spared the 2 4 7 when the ball hit the pin and bounched back onto the lane
LOL That's 2 years in a row something crazy has happened at Orange. Let's keep the tradition going next year, everyone. :p

hamish, eeverything was going wrong, and my feet where all wrong, it was a very bad night

the funniest moment in a bowl that has happen to me would have to be

city of sydeny in 2003 the central team would remember this one. i was such an idiot and ran into the wall, i almost ended up on a computer and there

was a huge hole in the wall for 3 weeks after that. i dont think anyone

can beat that.

Murderdoll said:
thats alright...

The funniest thing i've seen is a ball jump out the gutter half way down the lane, and hit the pocket for a strike. Un-bloody-believeable

that has happened to me...i wasnt stuffing around or anything i was bowling properly but the ball stuck to my thumb and went into the gutter then jumped out to get me a beautiful pocket strike...and noone was bloody watching

and the thing about the 6lb ball...i do that oocaisionally but not dangerously...and i dont see why people hgave to make such a deal of it...when i was about 13 i grabbed one and went to bowl...it got stuck on my thumb and hit the lane and bounced over to the next...i didnt think it was possible but hey it happened....i jus pretended it wasnt me

There are a number of problems with hurling 6 pound balls..

If the centre youre at has wooden lanes, adults/teens that throw lightweight balls are bound to have them impact after the arrows, where the wood is soft and dents occur more easily - resurfacing wooden lanes costs in excess of $20,000 anyway without having to sand even further to take out dents in the parts of the lanes where they shouldnt be.

The worst part isn't a cost factor per se, but just wastes time. 6/8lb balls that get turfed down repeatedly will smash, and if they dont smash on impact to the pins, they'll break when the accelerator belt fires the ball into the down-track (on the way back to the bowler).

The time wasted in pulling up all of the gutter capping, removing the ball and all the pieces, is a waste of time and effort - it shouldnt happen and if it happens while you're bowling, you're bound to not appreciate the 30 minute (plus) wait while the mechanic performs this.

So.. thats why it's such a big deal for bowling centre managers, and machine servicepersons.

I once saw a woman bowl a 3...
the first 8 or so frames were all gutterballs then a 3 then gutterballs... The celebration for those 3 little pins was like that of a 900 series!!!

Speaking of 6 bound balls i saw a kid leave a 5-6-7-8-9-10 the other day, plus a 'big 6' 4-6-7-8-9-10. Never forget seeing a another little tacker spare the 5-7-10 with an 8lb'er either, at 30ft you could see he had the thing solid!

Oh i just membered... at shield this year.. emma went to ride a shot and when she did the girl on the other lane was bowling and emma run straight into her nearly knocking the poor thing out LOL i wont name who it was thou :p lol but talk about putting the opposition off!

cheers krystal

when i was at Commonwealth roll offs in may this year, i went to sit on the back of a chair, but slipped and fell back over it onto the ground. It happened so fast i was on the ground thinking to myself, ' wat the hell just happend?!' hehe funny stuff it was.

matty

come 2 think of it i remember at nationals during teams darrel murphey had front 9 and then left the 4-7-10. . .that wasnt the funny part tho. . .then wen he went to spare it his ball went into the left gutter and bounced out to spare the 4-7-10 and that was hilarious :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom