Food at the nationals

strop

Elite Athlete
Once again it never fails to amaze me with policies.......But please tell me this is true or not.....
Moonah Bowl have banned all teams during Nationals, Rachuig and I presume Seniors if you are bowling there from bringing any form of food and drinks into the centre while participating.
ALL FOOD/DRINKS MUST BE PUCHASED FROM THERE CAFE. IN LINE WITH AMF NATIONAL POLICY.
You would think AMF would be making plenty of money from the Nationals, Rachuig & Seniors.
I have heard that they have faxed menu's to state committee's of food they can purchase from there Cafe at the typicallly absurd prices that they charge.
Would have thought TBA (aust) would have had this sorted out before they decided on centres to hold Nationals in.
Lot's of questions.........
Can you bring in your own sandwiches, snacks or drink.?????
Please enlighten me on this...........
Cheers
Tony

sorry , dont get around to the state sites much , thanks jase will have a look

cheers

Tony

P.S. Does it have my answer there ?....will look anyway.

Well just checked the Queensland site (something like this applies to Aust. wide) and yes it is there...........

I assume this applies to Seniors as well.........

Bit of a joke really, just another big brother rule that just sucks.

Lets get all these bowlers here and charge our huge over rated prices for our food.

Way to go..........never ceases to amaze me.

Cheers

Tony

Now here's a chance for OzTenpin to do some good pr before next years nationals at Altona, perhaps they can do a release thru this site saying they understand the need for teams to bring in 'outside' food. As for this yr, there's still a month or so to rectify this situation, its not like the majority of food and drink consumed over those couple of weeks will come in from 'outside' So the chance for AMF to win some brownie points with 'real' bowlers should still be possible.

next thing you know the bowl will be telling us we cant bring our own equipment into the centre and must first purchase a ball and shoes from their shop and then proceed to the counter to be robbed blind.
I'll be in Tasmania for two weeks and im bringing my own drinks and going outside to eat. The bowl wont be getting a single cent out of me.

fletch said:
must first purchase a ball and shoes from their shop

Hey, I wouldn't say no to that ;)

Looks like China Diner, Macca's amd Legs n Breasts (like Red Rooster) are gonna get a hammering

strop said:
Once again it never fails to amaze me with policies.......But please tell me this is true or not.....
Moonah Bowl have banned all teams during Nationals, Rachuig and I presume Seniors if you are bowling there from bringing any form of food and drinks into the centre while participating.
ALL FOOD/DRINKS MUST BE PUCHASED FROM THERE CAFE. IN LINE WITH AMF NATIONAL POLICY.
You would think AMF would be making plenty of money from the Nationals, Rachuig & Seniors.
Actually it's quite interesting because about 10 years back, under a directive from further up the chain I believe, the manager at the time was forced to ask the old ladies in the day leagues to refrain from bringing in their thermos', cakes, biscuits and sandwiches etc which was an old tradition in those leagues and it nearly caused WW3 - some of the old ladies were very angry about it.
Also, a woman who bowled in the Wednesday night league at the time - and still does - allegedly went to Consumer Affairs or one of those departments to seek clarification on the situation in regard to that and allegedly they said that the rule was unenforceable.
Whether that's 100% true or not, I don't know, and whether things have changed or not in that time, I'm not sure. But I distinctly remember it at the time.

androooo said:
Looks like China Diner, Macca's amd Legs n Breasts (like Red Rooster) are gonna get a hammering
Yes, also a KFC about 5 mins along the Main Road, also several hotels in the main drag of Moonah which do good quality counter meals as well at reasonable prices.
Better than the way overpriced - and continuously increasing priced - slop from AMF cafes.

Bring on the Lane 25 cafe - barbeque in the carpark - just like the '76, '83, '90 & '91 Junior & Adult Nats.
Always immensely popular :D

I just hope that other little rumour I heard last weekend isn't true. :(

Next thing is they will be trying to say there won't be any grandstands or seating for the spectators to sit and watch. I dont know ? Hopefully not, it's my first time away in 10 years and are looking forward to it. (Seniors)

I am sure they will do the right thing and make it as enjoyable than before......

Right? ....

Cheers

Tony

Tony,

you should be ok for ATBSO - the last few years have seen little carts for each state that are neatly packed with sandwiches and cakes and fruit etc prepared by the host state....they travel to every venue each year, and there hasn't been a problem yet ;)

With the push on for our athletes to satisfy beep tests and body fat limits, I really don't think that TBA have the right to agree with AMF on behalf of US, THE BOWLERS, to the no food policy - I for one am not going to eat greasy fried bowl food which seems to be the go at most AMF centres, and would much rather have my own freshly cut sandwiches or salad to eat, which can be obtained for a much better price if I do it myself!:rolleyes:

strop said:
Next thing is they will be trying to say there won't be any grandstands or seating for the spectators to sit and watch.

That decision is still up in the air.

AMF management, and I don't mean Centre Management, DO NOT want grandstands.

Apparently they cost too much.... go figure

bm2 said:
Tony,

you should be ok for ATBSO - the last few years have seen little carts for each state that are neatly packed with sandwiches and cakes and fruit etc prepared by the host state....they travel to every venue each year, and there hasn't been a problem yet ;)

Yeah, "prepared by the host state". As long as it's prepared & purchased from the AMF cafe at a 500% profit.

Easy answer is, every state boycott the AMF cafe through out Seniors, De Veer, Nationals & Rachuig & prepare there out food & drinks & eat outside. Hit them where it will hurt the most. They only understand when they loose $$$$$.

And urge TBA to look at private centres for future nationals. AMF is only interested in 1 thing and thats $$$$$$. nothing else.

androooo said:
That decision is still up in the air.
AMF management, and I don't mean Centre Management, DO NOT want grandstands.
Apparently they cost too much.... go figure

What is a national tournament without grandstands?! Can you imagine the Grand Slams in tennis without seats, people just standing on courtside?
What a joke....

R

bm2 said:
With the push on for our athletes to satisfy beep tests and body fat limits, I really don't think that TBA have the right to agree with AMF on behalf of US, THE BOWLERS, to the no food policy - I for one am not going to eat greasy fried bowl food which seems to be the go at most AMF centres, and would much rather have my own freshly cut sandwiches or salad to eat,

Spot on there
We want people to consider our sport a sport and not a game.
Yet you look at the AMF menu we are supposed to be eating from.

Its a joke.

Most Grounds in the NRL have a policy that you can't bring commerically bought food in to their grounds (maccas, kfc etc) however you can bring in you own perpared food.

Surely it would be fair if AMF did that.

Maybe I should rephrase my comment from before....

IT IS MY UNDERSTANDING that AMF don't want grandstands.

It would be a shame if there wasn't any, considering the concourse at Moonah holds 5 people.

CHIN said:
Yeah, "prepared by the host state". As long as it's prepared & purchased from the AMF cafe at a 500% profit.
Easy answer is, every state boycott the AMF cafe through out Seniors, De Veer, Nationals & Rachuig & prepare there out food & drinks & eat outside. Hit them where it will hurt the most. They only understand when they loose $$$$$.
And urge TBA to look at private centres for future nationals. AMF is only interested in 1 thing and thats $$$$$$. nothing else.
If thats what it takes so be it
See ya in the carpark for lunch (unless they tell us we cant eat there either)

fletch said:
If thats what it takes so be it
See ya in the carpark for lunch (unless they tell us we cant eat there either)
So Manager type person,
are you telling us that in Deveer we are getting a break for lunch???

Lunch break thru DeVeer???? - if your not bowling well the whole afternoon might be your lunch break hehehehe:D :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom