Averages

• Thread starter USABowlerPennsylvania
  • Start date
U

USABowlerPennsylvania

I bet someone already had this topic but im just wondering what everyone's averages are as of now. I currently hold a 211.15 at my Saturday morning Junior League here in the States. :p

179 at the moment if i remember correctly but i am workin on getting it to 190+ hopefuly

im shooting about a 175 average but i've just come off a bad couple months.
its on its wway back up now tho so lookin good for shield.
hey shelbs im sure ull b shooting that 190+ real soon!! :wink:
good luck every one
oxoxoxox
stay kool 8)

Yeah at the moment it is about 170-175...I am also just coming off a bad run of form because of a lot of sickness and stuff. Before that I was like averaging like 189-195 every time i went bowling for the last 4-6 months i suppose. But it appears as though it is coming good again now that I am getting my equipment redrilled (I am half way through getting it all done). So yeah I expect to be throwing 190 odd again soon. :D :D :D

Sorry to bring a thought up, but i bet we wont see a post by our friend from nerang on his average because you cant really say that is a legitamate one.

At the moment its probably 240+, but i did here when he got on a proper condition he only shot 158 :( :( :( :(

no gohan its 228 and your saying nerang does not have a proper condition???? yeah so i had a bad game......did you see what i bowled in the other games????????? and have you ever bowled at nerang????

well I am struggling going up and down but i think it could be mainly due to sickness, stilll sick after five months now but I am holding a 193 ave

wat

hey gohan are you saying that my man derek can only bowl in one centre, well dude i suppose thats right, oh hang on he is in the sq junior shield team, and have you ever beaten his high serious ect, no becuase he has the national record, mate before you judge someone make friends wit them, he is a great bloke and a good friend, so grow up mate and have some respect for the future of bowling

Strazz

Well said Strazz! I totally agree with you. :) :)
Derek is an excellent bowler, and he may have not have bowled a 300 in another centre, he still has the potential to pull out the high games in other centres - he has proven this by averaging 202 in 2 different centres in the South Queensland Roll offs. :D Keep up the good bowling Derek and prove Gohan wrong by bowling a 300 on another condition! :) The rest of us know you can! :) :) :)

but anyways but to the topic - i've just finished a season on a 192 average, which is a lower average from what i finished on in the previous season (196), i had drop down to as low as 184 in the middle of last year but i picked myself up to finish on 192. :)

I totally agree with Ben and Strazz, true all of his 5 300 games have all been at Nerang but correct me if i'm wrong but has anyone else in Australia ever bowled a back to back?? The fact that he may have bowled a 158 isn't really something to judge someone on.... derek had a bad game, everyone does. It's not a great thing when all people do is pick out the bad things about everyone else. I'm sorry but i think everyone has a right to have peoples' respect if nothing else.... Derek has done great things and he'll go far in bowling. You're a great guy derek so keep up the awesome bowling, i know we'll be hearing a lot more about you.

Well, i havent bowled league in yonks cos of our centre being closed and the energy company screwing us around waiting for the new centre to open but if i remember correctly, i was aveing 223 on the Wednesday shot, and about 203 on the Thursday shot. The Wednesday shot is pretty easy compared to the other one, as u can tell by the 20 odd pins in my average difference. At my league in another centre it was about 200-205.
While im here, is it true that Nerang as already had EIGHT 300's already this year? or have i heard wrong? And Derek, do you bowl in another league at another centre? if so what is your average there?? Just curious...

Later Da Cowman!

hey da_cowman, yeah its true nerang has 8 300s this year so far!
narr i don't bowl another league at a other centre, but i would like to, but i do bowl intercentre which bowls at every centre on the gold coast if that counts, i averaged about 205 in teams of 5 over 25 games or something, i'm not sure about the number of games i bowled.

thanks strazz, ben a and jo jo :D :D

Thanks for that Derek. I am well aware of what intercentre is, i bowled in the one down here until they put soccer on Sundays.
hmm, 8 300's in 4 months, that sounds a bit extravagant, and you have 5 of them dont you Derek? 5 in 4 months. I have never bowled in Nerang, i wish i could to see the lane conditions there myself, to see if they are easy, or if we have an extremely talented bowler coming up...

Later Da Cowman!

At the moment i'm holdin a 202 average. not bad cosidering it was 222 at the start of the year. Also averaged 210 over 12 games in a shield like tournament... but it was handicapped, and i had no handicap so i was happy. Oh thats 210 scratch by the way.

Later

Some time ago there were a number of 300’s bowled at Caboolture in a short period of time. It didn’t take long for posts to come from around the Australian bowling community at how easy Caboolture must have been and how everyone wished that they bowled at the easy centre.

Some of the bowlers that bowled at the time were George, Brando, Brendan H and a number of other name bowlers. Although each of these bowlers bowled 300’s not one did back to back 300’s and none did 5 in 4 months. I am not suggesting Derek is better than any of the above bowlers but were they this good at 15 years of age.

Instead of trying to fine reasons for Derek’s 300’s lets just congratulate the efforts of this talented bowler. Having watched Derek bowl on a number of occasions it becomes obvious he gets into a mental bowling zone that few have the ability to duplicate.

Just for the record Derek was top of the all stars at the Rockhampton Shield 2003. Backed this up with making the South Queensland Junior Shield Team in a canter.

Chris Smith
:D :) :( :eek: :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :p :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink:

i wish i could to see the lane conditions there myself, to see if they are easy, or if we have an extremely talented bowler coming up...
yes i just quoted myself, Chris Smith, i did give both options, maybe you simply took what i was saying the wrong way. I never did say that Derek wasn't a good bowler, no bad bowler can make a Shield Team, and he did come 2nd or 3rd in the trials didnt he? thats a good effort, no doubts to that. He still had to roll the ball the same way 12... no 24 times in a row.

Later Da Cowman!

i didnt mention before that i just had about 6 months of really crappy bowling too but last weekend i averaged 186, 7 pins higher then my actuall average so yeah looks like my average is getting closer to my 190+ ey!
see whoever is going at blacktown tomorrow

I would just like to say WELL DONE DEREK and I hope that there are many more 300's coming for you...do it at the Nats for SQ champ. :D :D :D You have a lot of talent, keep up the good work.

Back
Top Bottom