Your age in Chocolate

Gary

YOUR AGE IN CHOCOLATE
Don't tell me your age; you probably would tell a falsehood anyway--but the Hershey Man will know!

It takes less than a minute. Work this out as you read ...

Be sure you don't read the bottom until you've worked it out!
This is not one of those waste of time things, it's fun.

1. First of all, pick the number of times a week that you would like to have chocolate (more than once but less than 10)

2. Multiply this number by 2 (just to be bold)

3. Add 5

4. Multiply it by 50 -- I'll wait while you get the calculator

5. If you have already had your birthday this year add 1756 .... If you haven't, add 1755.

6. Now subtract the four digit year that you were born.

You should have a three digit number

The first digit of this was your original number (i.e, how many times you want to have chocolate each week).

The next two numbers are

YOUR AGE! (Oh YES, it is!!!!!)

Well like to say boo hoo to you but OMG........................:mad:

Gary..........................................................................:cool:

I cheated same answer ok tell me how i bet you all know!

It was right :eek:

I picked 5 chocolate eating sessions a week and I'm 31 years old - and 531 came up.

Sssssspoooooooookyyyyy :-k

it must work? surely ur older than 31 tiger ;)

nah worked for me as well...second time anyway, i must have done it wrong at first becuase i ended with a 4 digit number

Hey that is cool Gary! Tell me can you do this test with things other than chocolate? ;) :rofl:

It has to be right cos i only have it 2wice a week and the answer was 217 and im 17 years old! Freaky stuff lol

Queenslander's
mind's in the gutter what do you except.............:rolleyes:

Gary.....................................................:cool:

Very interesting

I picked 7 and I'm 28 & the final answer was 728

COOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL

Going to get some chocolate now ;)

Your age in chocolate - the TRUTH about it!

I can tell all of you guys how this phenomenon works. It is based on basic algebra from high school.
If you call the number you pick as "x" and you write out the steps as a maths problem, you get:
[(2x + 5) x 50 ] + (1755 or 1756) - the year of birth.
In this case, 50 x 2x = 100x (which is why the number you pick is at the front of a three-figured number).
If you multiply 50 x 5, you get 250. Add this to 1756 (if you've had your birthday already this year) you get 2006! This is why you get your age if you take away your year of birth. If you add 1755, you will get 2005 which was the year of your last birthday.
Here's another fact for you... this problem only works for this year! To make it work in 2007, add 1 to each of 1755 and 1756 - follow the same rules and it will work out.
Any comments, don't be afraid to post a reply :cool:
Weggy

mine dosent work i said 2 and my age is 33 yet after checking 5 times it always comes to 433

That's strange.

The reason I worked it out was because it was part of a university assignment last year. It works for anything between 1 and 9 inclusive. Give it another go, but use a different number and see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom