What Ball size are you?

Umm for guys I would say 15 lb is probably the most ideal. For girls I honestly have no idea, but I am guessing 14.

I dont think there is any ideal weight that differs between male or female. It's more about what the person can handle. I remember when i started bowling people used to get you to hold the ball at arms length in front of you. If you started shaking and you dropped the ball instantly it was too heavy for you. If you are at a stage in your game when the only thing lacking is carry, then a change of ball weights is ideal. Appart from the obvious signs of needing to change ball weights, there are plenty of things that have more effect on your bowling than the weight of a ball.

Last year I had 15 lb strike ball and 16 lb spare ball. :shock: I quickly got back to 15 lb for everything. It stuffs a lot of things up I reckon.

i would have to agree with timmee there for once

you should use the same weight gear all way through so it doesn't make it feel like you are throwing a slightly heavier or lighter ball and it might change something in your game :!:

well i actually got told that your spare ball should be lighter than your strike? i dont know how it works, but im still goin wit u fellas!
laters

I can assure you, your spare ball should be the same weight as the rest of your gear. It is all about developing a consistant feel with every shot, that isnt really possible with a change in ball weights. There isnt really a legitimate reason for a lighter spare ball. Alot of people argue that they can achieve more ball speed and develop less friction with a lighter ball for spare shots. You can do the exact same thing with a highly polished plastic and working on your timing and arm swing. There isnt really a need to have differing ball weights.

Back
Top Bottom