The Wrestling Thread

In answer to your question as to why AJ Styles is not with the WWE, he didnt impress the road agents a few years ago when he had a dark match against The Hurricane. I personally thought it was a solid match for him and would have got him an 'E' contract. But i also think that he didnt get it due to his style and it would clash with the 'bland' style that the WWE has and he would have his skills crushed

that and like joe, he's stated many times before that he would rather die than go and work for vince and the e.

Its only up until recently that the smaller guys in the E have been given a decent run.

If this were 3yrs ago people the likes of Brian Kendrick, Matt Sydal (Evan Bourne), CM Punk, Kofi, DiBiase etc wouldn't even be given a shot at the big time, let alone be champs. They would've either been stuck as a lower card jobber or wish well in their future endeavours.

The workload of the E is also a huge issue as they do at least 4 shows a week and most of their time spent is on the road...unless you're banging a McMahon.....

Just wondering who on here watches and is a fan of TNA?? I've watched the last few episodes and i must say I'm slightly impressed

TNA have a much better roster that the WWE in terms of their X division guys, tag team division and without a doubt the women's division. They've improved heaps in the last 2 years as a product. The new HD set is awesome. They just need to simplify things a little more..less gimmick matches with stupid stipulations.

On another note did anyone see the Randy Couture vs Brock Lesnar fight at UFC 91... In just his 3rd UFC fight Lesnar is the new heavyweight champ! Knocked out Couture in the 2nd round... Looking forward to seeing how he goes especially in his next fight against the winner of Noguiera vs Mir.

I love TNA but i have issues with "the beautiful people" they **** me. I have always loved sting so its great to see him wrestle again.
I hate booker T and the "main even mafia" as individuals they aren't bad but as a group they **** me.
What stipulations are you refering to that are stupid? I haven't seen many of the ppv's.

The "Hardcore Tag Team Text-Off Gauntlet" for one from the first HD episode a few weeks back. The "Last Rites" match between Sting and Abyss last year - was the birthplace of the "Fire Russo" chant
The Tuxedo Brawl between Dutt and Lethal at Hard Justice. The list goes on and on...

I have just started to watch TNA and iam liking what i see so far i belive that the wwe is kinda creating some of the worst storylines and needs to really get back on track and fast
but what i like about TNA is that there is a lot more atlhetelism there and even a few old wwe stars with the likes of team 3-D and booker t, christian cage , kurt angle etc

TNA is the biggest load of crap I have ever seen and WTF is up with Jeff Hardy!!!

What is wrong with TNA? I think they are great at least i dont start falling asleep during TNA like i do with WWE at times.

What about Jeff Hardy he seems to have finally gotten sick of being walked all over.
Go Jeff....ahh they cutes wrestler in the wwe ;)

I'd rather watch TNA then ECW. And I'm liking the whole Main Event Mafia v The TNA Originals storyline. They may give wwe a run for their money in a few years

The match quality of TNA is usually better than what WWE offer. TNA just have the most god-awful concepts behind them in order to produce the great match.
The ladder match between Sonjay Dutt and Jay Lethal at No Surrender. The whole Randy Savage-Miss Elizabeth rehashed storyline was so bad but the payoff was one of the best ladder matches I've ever seen!
In November last year they had a concept called the Turkey Bowl on an Impact episode. 3 triple threat matches. 1 was an X-divison match, 1 consisted of one member of 3 tag teams, and 1 heavyweight match. The winners of each match would progress to the final where the winner would get $50000 (money in wrestling storylines is absolutely pointless but i'll save my rant on that for another day) and the person who was pinned would have to wear a turkey suit. And at this time my interest in wrestling was almost completely gone...it would take me 3 sittings to watch an episode of ECW! The final ended up being Samoa Joe vs Chris Sabin vs AJ Styles... it was one of the greatest matches I'd seen all year and restored my interest in wrestling overall.
Even Mike Tenay and Don West have moved up from absolutely unbearable to now just "eh"...if only they'd shut up during the promos...

WWE are eons in front of any other company in professionalism, entertainment and the product as a whole. I don't see TNA or anyone else getting close to them in the near future...but the race for the #2 company is one to watch between TNA and Ring Of Honor (ROH)

the winner would get $50000 (money in wrestling storylines is absolutely pointless but i'll save my rant on that for another day)

So i'm going to guess that they dont actually get to keep any of the money that they win?

What about when vince was giving away all that money did the fans really get to keep it?

The result in matches are planned ahead of time. Offering $50000 to the winning wrestler is pure BS. Whether they win or lose they still get the same paycheque for whatever their contract states they're worth. Offering prizemoney for winning a match is completely pointless and makes me cringe when they try to make it seem for real.

The money given to the fans was a legit competition in order to increase ratings for the WWE. When it saw that the ratings didn't increase all that much, Vince did the whole stage collapse angle to kill off the competition.

Speaking of Vince, does anyone know whats going on with him, since the stage collapse, we havent heard boo from him.

What are your predictions for Survivor Series?

Been watching a lot of old raw clips from the mid to late 90s on youtube. Compared to todays wwe, those really were the good ol' days

Not again
I thought/hoped that the edge/vicki storyline was over :frusty2::rocket:
I am so over it.
I am loveing the "new" kung fu naki he is very entertaining to watch.

Back
Top Bottom