FILL BALL

• bowl your strike line for a strike

Votes: 94 83.9%
  • get your dry lane ball and go straight to the pocket

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • go with your spare ball and throw a rocket 2 the head

Votes: 14 12.5%

• Total voters
Normal strike shot. If it doesnt get a strike, it knocks down at least 7 pins. So yeh, definitely the strike shot. Once i tried just throwing my spare ball at the head pin.. so didnt work.

If you're that nervous about what shot to do, adjust your shot a little so it aims dead for the pocket. But if I had 2 strikes in a row and needed 5, why would you change a shot that has been working for you. I'd keep my same shot going from before and close out the game.

Only problem is sometimes if you try to adjust to much and throw the ball out instead of rolling it, you lose too much revs and get a light pin reaction. So you could even leave a 3 - 6 pins left. Don't adjust to much, just keep your natural working shot going.

Throw your normal strike ball, if your at the end of a game it should be more reliable for maximum pinfall!

I personally know someone in the US in a top league (with a heap of 300s/800s to his name), playing as anchor. His team needed 7 pins to win the season, he was strike, strike in the 10th.

Pulled out his plastic, went straight at the headpin and knocked 9 down - all good........here is the twist.......

there was so much riding on the team score, and he was so rapt up in what the team was needing and doing - he didn't realise until after his last ball, he actually had the front eleven.

True story !!!!!

I personally know someone in the US in a top league (with a heap of 300s/800s to his name), playing as anchor. His team needed 7 pins to win the season, he was strike, strike in the 10th.
Pulled out his plastic, went straight at the headpin and knocked 9 down - all good........here is the twist.......
there was so much riding on the team score, and he was so rapt up in what the team was needing and doing - he didn't realise until after his last ball, he actually had the front eleven.
True story !!!!!

And he might neck you for telling the world once he reads this one... LMAO ;)

If you're that nervous about what shot to do, adjust your shot a little so it aims dead for the pocket. But if I had 2 strikes in a row and needed 5, why would you change a shot that has been working for you. I'd keep my same shot going from before and close out the game.
Only problem is sometimes if you try to adjust to much and throw the ball out instead of rolling it, you lose too much revs and get a light pin reaction. So you could even leave a 3 - 6 pins left. Don't adjust to much, just keep your natural working shot going.

What happens if the shot you throw happens to break around 3 board? I know for myself that I'd try a straighter shot if this was the case. Pressure can do weird things to a bowler, no matter how accomplished he/she is.

Other thing is, I've changed lines in the middle of a game to have some sort of variety. If I throw the same line too much, sometimes I get rigid, so it helps to have that variety in your game to take the pressure off you in the 10th frame

I've been in this situation a few times. Normal shot works for me. :|
Pressure is something only YOU build upon YOUR SELF.

i honestly dont kno why you would change your shot... i mean like seriously... if u have a double... why not go for another one.. thats wat i would do anyway

melly <3 xoxo

Back
Top Bottom