• get your dry lane ball and go straight to the pocket

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • go with your spare ball and throw a rocket 2 the head

Votes: 14 12.5%

• Total voters
D

Dark Assailant

ok playa's out theres picture this.
u have struck twice in the 10th frame u need to get 5 pins or more to win wot kind of ball would u throw.

My normal shot. Straight up the 10-board.
If I were a cranker I'd fire it hard and straight at the pocket.

yeah definately a straighter, harder shot at the head pin. Especially if you were throwing a swing shot, during the game, at the gutter. No-one wants to do a marshal coleman! haha

the idea from my point of view is that with a straighter, harder shot at the head pin (not so much the pocket) is that you cut down the chance of leaving less than 5 pins standing. You are guaranteed at least 8 pins if you go pocket or brooklyn (barring a 5-7-10 haha). Even if you miss head pin you are still a good chance of at least getting 7, thus a win :)

All depends on the lane conditions and the line I'm playing.

I vote for option 4... "Who knows"

Usually just play my strike line. Have to be some sort of disaster to get less than 5, even if you pull it left/right. Of course, I got X X X 18 the other day, so take that with a pinch of salt ;)

If im playing outside or down the lane and I need a high count ill usually just throw my regular strike shot. Afterall I did just shoot a double. If i was swinging the lane or needed a really low count like 5 or less i'd throw my plastic at the head pin most likely. Haven't been confronted with it too much too be honest!

Macca

Normal shot, throwing it hard and straight is more likely to leave something like a greek church, or a big split. I dont understand why u wouldnt throw ur normal shot, seems kinda stupid to even ask the question.
Just my opinion

wchester said:
marshal coleman ???????
WTF

sorry i meant marshal holeman.. well i think thats his name... bald pba legendary bowler with a comb over that needed 7 to win and threw it in the ditch in his last shot lol

someone must know his name!!! :confused:

DJ Luko said:
sorry i meant marshal holeman.. well i think thats his name... bald pba legendary bowler with a comb over that needed 7 to win and threw it in the ditch in his last shot lol

someone must know his name!!! :confused:

Marshall Holman. 21-time PBA champion from memory.
It was Del Ballard Jr who needed a high count on a fill ball to win a PBA title and ditched it in the gutter to lose. :cool:

Yeah i agree with Macca. If u already got 2 strikes and only need 5 pins to win, why change what your doin. Besides i have seen many a person leave 6 pins from belting it straight at the headpin.

Strike ball, defenatley.

Like the others are saying, If you've got two already go for the strike, also it's pretty rare if you leave a five going into the pocket hey?!
Unless you have a weird view of a pocket (Through the head) like some people do.

Toshio

yea but you have to win in style. no matter what, chances are if u hit the head pin, u will get more then a 5..

i would try andthrow the exact ball at the head pin that id just done, i mean duh if you were at nationals and were in the same situation you would do that

Back
Top Bottom