damo
andrew christopher
darryl allford
john khan
rhyss fitzgerald
carl ross
mark sheehan ( 24 - 36max)

Jeff,

Is the Match Play going to go ahead with the numbers we have?

How many do we need to make the Match Play count as it would be a shame to see the format change back to the straight 8 - 10 games only.

Hi all , just to remind everyone this sunday is the 1st sport series for 2006.
checkin is 8.45am bowl at 9am!!!!!!!!!!
we have 24 bowlers so far - format everyone will bowl 8 games(moving 4 lanes after every game ) then we will cut to the top 15 for 3 player matchplay(7games) pinfall will carry over to matchplay.
condition is attached.

Attachments

• a_14.jpg
    a_14.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 38
In regards to reading oil patterns, I'm a complete novice.

Can someone please explain to me why the left side seems very different from the right side? Is this fair on everyone ? Is it easier, or does it appear to be easier on one side than the other? Is this normal in oil patterns?

Like i said ... I'm a novice, so take it easy on me.

Yes Jeff Brigg being left handed and tournament director likes to set pattens for himself, you think as a sponsor I would get a say.

Thanks for the support jase !!!!:p :p :p

peter below is the report from the tournament this pattern was used for -

2002 Empire State PBA Open
February 6 - February 10, 2002
Latham, NY
The next stop on Pro-Bowlers Tour was The Bowlers Club, in Latham , New York . This is a wood house that has recently been remodeled and the lanes were screened and recoated. We used a short pattern to 35 feet in an attempt to create some variety for the players. They have been basically playing inside, and this distance was designed to move them out.

The scores turned out to be very high with the first cut to 64 th place being: +119, and the second cut to the top 32 match play finals, at: +402. There was a good balance from squad to squad with "B" squad having a slight edge: 34-30. It appeared that they ("B" squad) played them a little further out than "A" squad did.

There was an extremely good mix of styles in this event with many of the power players starting in with aggressive equipment, then moving further out with tamer stuff after the lanes opened up. The house, the PBA and the fans seemed extremely happy with the high scoring pace.

There was a field of 137 players with 8-lefties making the first cut to 64; 4 made the cut to 32; 3 made the top 16 and one made it to the show. Not only did it seem very fair left-right, but right-right appeared to also be on balance. All styles played and ball speed seemed to be a premium.

The TV Show was very exciting with a field of seasoned players. Robert Smith, Norm Duke and Jason Couch all own Major Championships. Scores were good on TV

now for each sport series i go through look at the patterns and try to find a pattern that will be fair to all bowlers left -right - strokers- crankers everyone, of course this doesn't allways work BUT if i find a pattern that is say left handed friendly that pattern won't be used again!!!!!

Keith it was yesterday sorry.

The next event is Sunday 23rd of April if your interested

Back
Top Bottom