Votes: 38 45.2%
  • No bowling centres near by so my parents won't take me

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Mum and Dad won't let them

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • I thought it was for old people

Votes: 3 3.6%

• Total voters
I'v been bowling for 10 years now and I've seen so many young bowlers come through but then they are gone a few weeks l8r. I think its a fair amount of peer pressure. I know it was heaps hard for me when I was going though pimary and high school I never really wanted to admit that I was a tenpin bowler and I was affraid to tell people what I did because whenever I did they Just laughed at me Which I think Is a big factor in why young bowlers stop.
But I also think that the leagues should be more fun and have an insentive like a bowling ball I think that works really well. Hey I almost wanted to do it, Who says no to a new ball?

CM

Personal thought...

My last post mentioned how bowling's 'just not cool' like NRL or Football.

How about we get some of the 'power' players to perform demonstrations at organised open days for school students. Maybe the thrill of seeing a ball hook right across the lane will make them think "hey, that could be me". If it looks like fun, kids will be in it

I have been bowling since I was about 3 or 4 and we had a few bowlers in my bumpers league but now you look who came out of that league and there is only 3 of us. Alot of people left because of the cost, lost interest or parents. As Michelle said she didn't take bowling derious until she bowled her first Nationals, I didn't take my bowling serious until I bowled my first tournament when I was about 5.

I think bowling is the best sport and you meet so many new people. But I truly think that I would have been doing motor bike riding or something else if I didn't grow up in a bowling alley, I have grown up with some big bowlers and that made me want to become better and bowl like them.

Kids just need encouragement. I like Weggy's idea of getting some of the 'power' or 'bigger' bowlers to organise something because I know watch the 'bigger' bowlers is what got me to wanting to become a better bowler.

Back
Top Bottom