Most successful Junior Centre

Serenity

IrontoSteel
Honest post and for fun, but would like other State’s feedback.
Can any centre claim more junior success this century than Illawarra StrikeZone
Go the Gong!!
Consider the number of junior open master winners, the total representation in president shield teams that have been from StrikeZone alone.
Come on guys, let’s hear your thoughts.
:)

I've been to Srtikezone a few times and there's a reason why Strikezone Juniors are so good. PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE. There is so much dedication to their games and without fail there'll be a Strikezone Junior practicing or bowling league while you're in there.

Well Keon Park in melbourne would have to go close.

Junior shield winners 3 yrs running Girls guys and overall. The girls won the shield 6 yrs in a row with the streak still going 2001 to 2006. Many presidents shield bowlers including Matt Obien, Mickey Zendfeld, Craig Ryan, Simon Hocking, Tracey Madden, Carly Allen, Jessica Ryan and more recently Chris Glare (although she did come to us from Nth qld). Of the above there is 4 Presidents shield allstars.Matto and Mickey in the guys. Tracey and Carly 2 yrs running. Matto was the first bowler to throw a 300 in junior masters. All of the above are competeing sucessfully in the adult and youth events with quiet a few wins to there names. Penrith Cup. Vic 150, Werribee Cup, Brunswick Youth and im sure there are a few i have missed. Matto, Mickey and Tracey have all had success with Australian teams. Of course Glen loader is currently bowling at Keon Park but i really dont think we can claim him.

In East coast the list is long, very long. During the last couple of years nearly the whole youth team was made up of Keon Park bowlers both Girls and guys.

Mooroolbark would have to be up there as well with Boronia now producing many quality players.

It tends to go in waves. One sucessful player seems to inspire the others to put in the practice and training required. It the old saying Success breeds success. I know with Keon park it was certainly the case.

Phil

Back
Top Bottom